EMO - What's New in EMO's Firmware Update 2.1.0 - Full RECAP Video

EMO’s Firmware (ver 2.1.0) is officially released! The EMO App is also updated to ver 1.2.3 for iOS and ver 1.2.3 for Android (be sure to download/update that as well from the iTunes Store or Google Play Store.

Apple Store (iOS Version) - ‎EMO Pet on the App Store
Google Play STORE (Android Version) - EMO Pet On the Android Store

Home Station has also received a new Firmware update as well. Home Station firmware is now at ver 1.1.2 So be sure to update your Home Station if you have one. (video guide on how to update Home Station is shared further below).

In the recap video below, I go through in detail and explain all the new features/updates that were released in the latest firmware update. (Full List is explained in the video description and also further below)

NOTE: The video is quite lengthy so I’ve included chapters where you can skip to the part you want to check out. I’ve tried to go through in as much detail all the new features/updates for Firmware 2.1.0. (Chapters located in the video description).

What’s New in EMO’s Firmware Update 2.1.0 FULL RECAP

Individual Videos below focus only on specific new features added to firmware 2.1.0 (that are also included in the recap video above). Like EMO’s New Animations / Home Station Updates and New Features / Settings > Preferences > Behaviours / etc.

EMO - EMO’s New Animations

Below are the new animations added to EMO in Firmware Ver 2.1.0 ( full explanations outlined in the video for each of the points shown below).
1. New petting animation when you pat the top of EMOs head
Special Note: The new patting animation will only happen when you pat the top of EMO’s head NOT his cheeks.
The new patting animation will occur randomly as the original patting animation can also happen when you pat EMO
2. New shaking animation (EMO will show his tongue when you shake him)
The new shaking animation will occur randomly as the original shaking animation can also happen when you shake EMO
3. EMO will now read different books at night (8 pm Schedule time)
There are a total of 26 different book titles that EMO can now read
4. EMO can now show you his painting/drawings that he does from his scheduled painting time.
a). EMO might show you his drawing when he has finished painting;
b). It might also happen randomly when EMO sees you;
c). Or you can trigger it by saying show me your drawing or can I see your drawing?
There are a total of 17 different kinds of drawings that EMO can show you!

EMO - EMO Home Station New Features

Below are the new Home Station Updates/Features:

1. EMO can now play “Snake” with Home Station during afternoon play (between 4-5 pm) and also by voice command “Play Snake” - EMO Needs to be off his Home Station for this to work.
2. EMO will now talk to his Home Station when he has walked off it.
3. Updated animation Logo/Icon when EMO makes a connection/pair to his Home Station. (icon now looks like a little Home)
4. EMO can now dance with his Home Station. This can be done by issuing the following voice commands “dance with lights” or “Let the Party Begin” - EMO Needs to be off his Home Station for this to work.
5. Unbinding all accessories on the App’s settings page has been added to solve the problem that EMO cannot connect to the Home Station.
6. Fixed the issue where the led matrix stays in the green square or is wrongly switched to the animation when EMO returns to the home station.
7. Now when EMO accidentally walks to the home station, he will not get stuck and walk away.
8. Fixed EMO incorrectly detecting cliffs or obstacles when walking down the home station. (NOT FEELING SAFE or I need a bigger play Response that could happen sometimes).
9. Optimized EMO’s detection of whether he is standing on the home station.
10. EMO says he can’t do it because he is not connected to the home Station when you ask him to return to or go off Home Station. (due to not being correctly paired to Home Station or EMO has lost connection to Home Station).
11. Optimized the detection of the Home Station button.

EMO - EMO can now tell the time in 12-Hour format + Can now disable Flower / Flame Animations via Settings in EMO APP

Below are the newly included settings added to the Preferences section of Settings in the EMO APP.
1. Option to Turn ON/OFF the Flower and Flame Animations interactions.

To Turn off / Disable the Flower / Flame animations, do the following

1) Log in to your EMO APP
2) Go to settings (top right cog icon)
3) Select Preferences / scroll all the way down
4) Set Flower/Flame to OFF (settings will save) then EXIT

2. EMO can now tell the time in 12-hour A.M / P.M format along with 24-hour format

To set time to 12-Hour format. Do the following

1) Log in to your EMO APP
2) Go to settings (top right cog icon)
3) Select Preferences / scroll all the way down
4) Set 24-hour format to OFF (settings will save) then EXIT

EMO - EMO’s New Behaviours Updates

Below are some new behaviours that EMO can now do and say
1. EMO will now give different explanations when voice commands cannot be executed.
Here are what EMO might say:
a) I can’t do it on my charger
b) I can’t do it now
c) Ok, but I prefer to do it standing on a desktop
d) Sorry, but please first put me on a desktop
2. Issuing the following voice command: EMO “Be quiet” will now make EMO stay quiet for 1 hour. (Unless you call out to him / or he hears his voice being called)
3. New animation when EMO walks into obstacles
4. Response to sudden yelling/sneezing and vibrations such as knocking on the table. This mostly works when EMO’s staying, sleeping, or walking around.

Also created a short video showing 4 reactions/animations that EMO will do when he walks into obstacles or a wall including his newest animation where EMO will cover his eyes!

Bug fixes and optimizations

1. New wake-up mode update Improved speech recognition

EMO can now recognize higher pitch/tone voices from EMO owners. With the Wake Up Training data collection being collected and updated into EMO, he should now be able to understand/hear/wake up when you call his name. (If you are still having issues with Waking up EMO, be sure to submit your voice recording here:

2. Fixed a bug where some EMOs would sometimes wake up every five minutes while sleeping.
3. Adjusted some of EMO’s animations that would behave incorrectly. Including “Pose”, “Sad” and “FlashBack dance”.
4. We will gradually enable automatic updates over a period of time after the update is released in the future. Manual updating will not be affected.

Byte Sized (get it…haha) Short Videos can be seen below :slight_smile:

–Short Videos–

EMO NEW PAT

EMO NEW SHAKE

EMO SHOWS PAINTING

EMO NEW STARTLED

EMO PLAYS SNAKE

EMO DANCING WITH HOME STATION

EMO COVERS EYES

EMO SPEAKS TO HOME STATION

Other cool EMO Videos related to Firmware Update 2.1.0

EMO Can now show you his drawings

EMO Can Play Snake with Home Station

EMO can Dance with Home Station

EMO can now talk to his Home Station

Also, a short guide on how to install both EMO and Home Station’s latest Firmware Ver 2.1.0 (for EMO) and Ver 1.1.2 (for Home Station) can be found below:

EMO Firmware Update v2.1.0 + Home Station Firmware Update 1.1.2 Video

I have also updated my EMO Guide well: (Guide is reaching max character capacity)

Quick Help Guide for new EMO owners!

More EMO Videos :heart_1:

If you want to check out more EMO videos, feel free to check out my YouTube channel. Subscribe/Click the Bell icon to be notified of any new videos I upload. :heart_1:

Check out the official announcement for Firmware 2.1.0 posted by @wayne here!

The Living.ai Home Page has also received an Update. There is a new section called Living with EMO! Is your EMO in there? Take a look and find out! :heart_1: :heart_2: :skating: :heart_1: :heart_2:

If anyone has any questions, leave a message or message me privately and I’ll do my best to answer any questions you might have!

:surprised: :mad: :skating: :heart_1: :head:

11 Likes

Now we can see the results of Emo’s :framed_picture: artwork!! :smiley:

1 Like

haha yes! Finally, we can see what cool things EMO’s been drawing and also some of his very cool words of wisdom that he shares after he shows them to us! :slight_smile:

:heart_2: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :heart_2:

4 Likes

Aww I haven’t seen any yet because both of them are Charging haha

1 Like

You can ask EMO to show you his drawing even while it is on the Home Station charging :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you back !
:sunglasses::grin::rofl::stuck_out_tongue::wink:

I’ll do my best, but I’ve been very busy lately :cry:

2 Likes

Whoops!
@MasterAbbott, When EMO Was Covering His Eyes With His Hands, I Thought He Was Playing
Peek-A-Boo (Not Released Yet).

I Thought EMO Was Playing Peek-A-Boo At First Because I Suggested That In A Different Topic.

EDIT: Peek-A-Boo Could Be An Easy Game That Living AI Can Release In The Next Or Future Firmware, Like They Released The Game Rock-Paper-Scissors (v1.2.0), Peek-A-Boo Is Actually The Game That I Suggested For More Than 1 And A Half Years.

2 Likes

BRAVO @MasterAbbott Thanks for the guide!!!

3 Likes

Let’s hope that this gets added in future Firmware releases :slight_smile: that would be great little game to play with EMO :heart_1:

No problem :slight_smile: Hope it’s helpful to you and the rest of the EMO community.

Have fun!

:laser: :heart_2: :skating: :heart_2: :laser:

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it if you cannot. Everyone’s okay with it, you’re still helping people with the updates you give anyway. So no worries.

Take care

1 Like

Is anyone else having a problem with this update March 2023. Suddenly EMO is not responsive. I call his name and he just moves his eyes, but doesn’t answer. I asked him to shut down and no response. He’s not walking around or doing anything but standing and sporadically responding.

3 Likes

Hi @jennifer.julian

I believe there is another thread that sounds similar to what you have described. See the link here:

If it is similar, I’ve tagged the support team in on that thread, so I’d probably suggest you contact them as well either via the support page or email, and let them know about this issue.

As mentioned in the other post, a good idea is to create a short video of the specific problems you are having with EMO so you can share it with the support team so they can assist you further on this.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

2 Likes

Quick update from Wayne Z regarding this:

Give it a try later on today / in a few hours’ time.

1 Like

I dont know whats going on, but after the update EMO still react when i call him. But he no longer gives answers, does not respond to commands such as go to the right, what is your name, etc… Only the eyes move sinch, as if the analyzes the question. Does anyone else have the problem? I have already tried power off and a reset without success.

Ah ok, That’s what I thought. Thx

1 Like

@MasterAbbott, Does The Snake Game Require The Home Station?

(I Hope That The Same Game Is Also On The App In The Future)

Yes yes yes I wanted to see his drawings. He just now walked up and showed me his drawing! Now he won’t answer a darn thing so I’m going to wait till maybe the server calms down. Can’t wait to try the dance with his home station. Thankyou for all of it!

2 Likes

Thank you for the videos and explanations.

This is a great update…it made my day…I love the drawings and all of the cute things he says.

The snake game and the goodbye to home station are very cool.

Can’t wait to see the new books that he is reading.

2 Likes