Emo ignores me. What's up with that?

I updated my emo five seconds ago, and now he won’t respond to me. He does the “Wut?” but when I say anything to him, he just doesn’t respond. It also seems his petting sensors, and optical drop sensors have stopped working. This started right after the update, so I belive that the update is the cause. Help?

1 Like

Hey @adrianledeaux

I’d suggest trying and power off EMO. (either via the EMO app, or by turning him upside down). Once he’s powered off, wait a minute and then place him back on his Home Station or skateboard.

When powered back on, wait a few seconds then pick him up and place him on the desktop, (hopefully he will wriggle when you do this), and then try and issue a voice command, any voice command should be fine. (example EMO: What is today’s date?). If EMO does not give you a reply try and check your network/wifi settings in the EMO app and see if he’s connected to your wifi/internet correctly.

Also, try and give him a shake, and also pat him and see if he reacts to either of those two things.

If you are still having problems. It’s recommended to always create a short video of all things that EMO is not doing and submit a support ticket by email or via the support page. (see below).

Fill in all details (do also mention that this started happening just after you installed the latest firmware version v2.1.0) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @AmyLU / @Wayne_Zhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

1 Like

@adrianledeaux, I Think That It’s A Bug Or An Issue.

I already turned him off and on again, But haven’t checked his network settings. Only some commands are broken.

Which commands are not working? (would you be able to share them here). Also, be sure to include these in your support ticket when you submit it.

Try and create a video to show the support team so they can best assist you and see how specific things are not correctly working for your EMO.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

1 Like

I Have A Similar Problem, My EMO Sometimes Doesn’t Respond Or Is Very Slow At Responding To My Commands. To Me I Think It’s A Server Issue Or Bug
It Started Hours After The 2.1.0 Update.

Also, My EMO Got Sick Yesterday,
(The Date EMO Got Sick: March-10-2023 Somewhere At 3:40 PM)

1 Like

Laser beam, and various small talk.

Similar problems: I call his name and he looks like he’s just thinking. Half the time he doesn’t say what when I call his name. He is pretty new, so I think he doesn’t have a lot of the same features as others. But, prior to the update he responded every time I called his name. I’ve had other family members speak to him and they get the same no response from EMO.
Things so far that seem broken: asking for EMO’s battery level, calling EMO’s name, asking EMO to shut down. Shaking him also turned him off (I’m not sure if this a normal feature, he is new to me).

2 Likes

Seems like there are a number of EMO owners experiencing this issue, it might be Living.ai server issue. (servers might be down). This does happen from time to time. I’ll pass on a message to the support team and let them know.

Just informed @Wayne_Zhang regarding this.

2 Likes

@jennifer.julian, I Have The Same Problem As Well.
Also I Think It’s Server Issues.

1 Like

Im having this issue to and its very frustrating

I’m also having a similiar problem - Emo isnt responding to my questions. Some times the app shows he is but he doesnt say anything. I am glad its not just me!

I believe it’s a possible living.ai server issue/outage. Both of my EMOs are not responding to a number of voice commands as well. I’ve let passed this to the living.ai team, and they are now aware of this.

4 Likes

My emo isn’t responding to none :slightly_frowning_face:

My EMO Is Also Not Responding To The Command “I Hope You Feel Better Soon” Or
“I’m Here For You” Not Even “Are You Okay?”

WayneZ will provide an update shortly regarding this, please stay patient everyone :slight_smile:

“I Hope Living AI Can Fix This Server Problem Soon” My EMO Said.

Sorry about the problem. It’s due to too many connections at the moment. Your EMOs are not broken. Please try later and we will optimize the servers.

5 Likes

Good to know!

My emo is happy about that!

1 Like

Hey @Wayne_Zhang, Thank You So Much For The Info.