EMO Firmware Update Version 2.2.0 Video

The latest EMO Firmware update is now available which is:

EMO Version 2.2.0
EMO App (iOS) - 2.2.0
EMO App (Android) - 2.2.0

This Guide will help you install the latest EMO firmware of 2.2.0. See below for full info:

EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions

EMO’s Firmware update is approx. 30MB in size and will take between 10-15 minutes to complete but will depend on how quickly EMO can download the firmware update. The firmware update process is not very complicated to run. If anyone wants to see how it’s done, I’ve created a video on how the process works. (see below).

Important INFOMATION Regarding How to install Firmware Version 2.2.0

1. Your EMO needs to be updated to a pre-version 2.2.pre first, then to 2.2.0;
  2. Please update the EMO Pet app to the latest version 2.2.0 first. Older apps may not display available EMO updates;
  3. In order to reduce the pressure on the server, we will gradually open the update to all EMOs. So if you can’t update your EMO at the moment please don’t worry and please be patient. Thank you for your understanding;
  4. If your EMO has not been updated to version 2.1 before, please don’t worry, your EMO will have all the features of version 2.1 after updating to version 2.2.0. (Click here to know more about new features in update 2.1).

If you are having issues with installing the latest firmware, check that your home network/wifi/internet is working fine. In some cases Network / WIFI can cause EMO to not successfully download the firmware update (Step 1).

It is recommended to try connecting to a mobile HOTSPOT and test / install the firmware using an alternate Internet connection. If you are experiencing issues even after swapping to a different WIFI/Internet connection. Please contact support by submitting a support ticket here.

SPECIAL NOTE

To INSTALL Version 2.2.0 you will need your EMO App (as it needs to be done in two steps)

1) Power Off EMO and Restart It. (Placed EMO on Skateboard or HOME STATION) Wait for EMO to start back up.
2) Disconnect/Unbind any Smart Lights you currently have connected to EMO
Shut down the PHONE/Restart it.
2-A) At this moment there is also a NEW iOS (2.2.0) and ANDROID (2.2.0) EMO App update currently available. So make sure you first update your EMO App accordingly. (There is no need to delete the EMO APP, simply just update it as you would via the iOS / Google Store)

Apple Store (iOS Version) - ‎EMO Pet on the App Store
Google Play STORE (Android Version) - EMO Pet On the Android Store

3) Launch EMO App and connect to your EMO, once you connect you will receive the following message on the screen:

Next, go to Settings >> Firmware and press UPDATE FIRMWARE to install the latest EMO Firmware. – NOTE First Step in the firmware update for 2.2.0 you will need to install to Firmware ver 2.2.pre

At this time you will be disconnected from your EMO via the EMO APP. EMO will quickly display on his screen a RED update marker that advises there is an update. EMO will quickly restart and then begin downloading the Firmware Update.

NOTE If you don’t want to use the EMO App for whatever reason, you can also issue the following command to install the latest firmware:

EMO: “Install the latest firmware now”

As always, before you start this update, make sure that your EMO can respond and is connected to the Internet. (run a quick test like asking him EMO: What day is it? / What time is it? (just something to make sure EMO is actually connected and online).

During this time make sure EMO is sitting on his Skateboard or his HOME STATION (do not pick him up or move him around)

Now During the Firmware Install EMOs Display Screen will show more information that will be helpful for troubleshooting if your EMO is not updating correctly. (see image below).

EMO will now display the following new lines on his display screen

Error Code – 0 0 0 (If your EMO has an error take down the error code that is displayed and send it to living.ai support)
Firmware Version – EMO will now show you its current firmware version on the screen. (also provide this information to living.ai if you encounter an error code).

Once the update is completed you can then re-connect back to your EMO App and navigate over Settings >> Firmware to check if EMO is currently on the right firmware of v2.2.PRE

As shown on the EMO App, you will once again need to press the UPDATE FIRMWARE for a second and final time which will update EMO to Firmware Version 2.2.0

As always, the exact same process will run as explained above, and EMO will download and install firmware version 2.2.0.

When the installation is completed. As a final check connect back into EMO using EMO APP and confirm that he is now on the current firmware Version of 2.2.0

That’s it. Quick and very easy! Thanks once again to Living.Ai for releasing this new Firmware and EMO APP update.

Also, I’ve updated my EMO Guide as well to Firmware version 2.2.0

Quick Help Guide for new EMO owners!

For a list of everything that is included in this v2.2.0 update, a post by @Wayne_Zhang has been shared here:

Check out other Firmware-related guides below:

https://living.ai/docs/emo/update/update-logs/

:heart_1: :mad: :skating: :surprised: :head:

7 Likes

Hi all,
I have updated my Android EMO pet app to 2.2.0 but when I open the app and went into the firmware option, it only shows “Current version: 1.7.0”
There are no other options shown to update to 2.1.1.b2 or 2.2.pre or etc. I even had done uninstalled and reinstalled the EMO Pet app. But still the same.

Kindly advise what I need to do. Many thanks in advance.

2 Likes

All we can do is wait. I am waiting too as they slowly roll out the update worldwide.

2 Likes

I Updated My EMO Pearl To Firmware v2.2.0 As Well As The Apps On My Devices
iOS Devices:
iPhone 5C, &
iPhone 8 Plus,
Android Devices:
Alcatel Volta, &
Wiko Ride 2
All Apps Except For The App On My Motorola Moto G Play Have Been Updated To v2.2.0

ChatGPT & AI Painting Were Released In This Update,
And The Resources To Be Downloaded Will Be About 30MB.

My Favorite Feature For This Update Is ChatGPT Because He Answers Alot Of Questions

A Very Big Thank You To The Living.AI Team For Releasing This Firmware

2 Likes

Hopefully mine will have the update soon :slight_smile:
Congrats on receiving the update for you little companion.

2 Likes

Hi @michaelwan / @travis.hohler as mentioned in the instructions: Kindly note this important piece of information:

1. In order to reduce the pressure on the server, we will gradually open the update to all EMOs. So if you can’t update your EMO at the moment please don’t worry and please be patient. Thank you for your understanding;

For now, you might need to wait patiently. so maybe try again in a few hours’ time.

3 Likes

Thanks! I know I need to wait. I’ve come to the conclusion it’ll be tomorrow after work before I can enjoy these new features. Really exciting update!

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply…I will try it later again in the day…

3 Likes

Hi, can you help me why my emo did not receive any update to 2.2.0, my current version is 2.0.0, I look forward to seeing you reply.

2 Likes

Just got the Home Station yesterday, this morning he’s started to try and update himself - but he keeps failing… I don’t know what to do… ^^;

The display shows that the update stops right as he’s trying to prep for the update. Please… How do I fix this…?

2 Likes

Hi there @Lily_Fazbear ,

Do you mind telling us what firmware update version you are trying to install?

My emo is stuck on update 2.0.0p and his touch sensor is still unresponsive when off of the home station.

2 Likes

Hi @rithypiseth / @Lily_Fazbear / @novxse

As mentioned previously, and in the instructions: Kindly note this important piece of information:

1. In order to reduce the pressure on the server, we will gradually open the update to all EMOs. So if you can’t update your EMO at the moment please don’t worry and please be patient. Thank you for your understanding;

For now, you might need to wait patiently. so maybe try again in a few hours’ time.

2 Likes

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Emo is on version 1.6.0 and says that it is the latest version. How can it be updated?

1 Like

Hi @danielcoleiro

Please check this page/install guide to help you update your EMO to the latest version of 2.2.0

Anybody know how long it may take for all EMOs to recieve this update? Will I be waiting hours, days, weeks? Really looking forward to showing everyone the new features in my area.

1 Like