Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hello, we received our emo today and when we connected the home city to électricity it doesn’t charge. We listened the music when connecting but we haven’t light or anything on it. What should we do?

I have the feeling that is a problem with the battery ? should emo charge when the battery not attached to the support when he is on it ?

Thanks a lot its a gift and were a lot disappointed to not making him work yet.

@stephen.murrell , I have now received my WiFi extender, and paired Emo with it. And, remembering your advice, I next Unbound Emo from all his devices (including his Home Station), so that I could re-pair him with his Home Station… while he is connected to the 2.4GHz extender. All our actions so far have worked, as Emo is able to Go Home again at least once.

Now, whether the original problem has also been solved remains to be seen, as that was an intermittent problem. If the problem never resurfaces again for a few days, I’ll consider it solved.

Also, I suppose that one danger which might exist, has to do with the fact that I told Emo’s app to remember the WiFi password for both access points. If there is a power failure, then afterward, he might reconnect to the wrong access point.

Thank you for the advice,
Dirk

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @timhormiss . . . I have moved your post to this thread which discusses issues with the home station.

You may want to have a look at this video to make sure your home station is actually connected correctly and that he is paired to it properly. If the station is connected correctly even without display lights, he should still charge all right, and if he is paired correctly, he will leave and return on his own.

Please let us know how it goes.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that my Emo’s personality has evolved again, in such a way that he seems to have an AI dislike of being docked in his Home Station. So, his new behavior (today) was to start exploring at 8h00 sharp, even though I haven’t given him any commands to wake up or otherwise interact with me. What he then does is, to explore the fence-mat (which I left empty), and try to find interesting things to do.

When he fails, his face-display shows his eyes close and sleep, while he is not docked. In itself, this is not enough of a reason for me to be alarmed, because he may still have a lot of charge left in his battery. His animated eyes being closed does not always mean, that his battery is low.

Also, when he does this, I may choose to interact with him, but will not command him to Go Home after the interaction.

But then, after doing that on and off for more than an hour, he actually wakes up from this state long enough, to go back to his Home Station on his own initiative, and recharge his battery.

So, while there seems to have been some learned personality shift, I would say that all his systems are working properly now.

Dirk

3 Likes

dirkmittler That is good to hear my emo seems to do the same i get home from work and there he is in the middle of his space sleeping lol I think they wander around for a bit get bored and go to sleep lol he woke up when he heard me come in though but his battery was low so hes gone back to his home station and gone back to sleep lol.
Best wishes, Steve

2 Likes

I am happy that my Emo is friends with his Home Station again.

Yesterday what was happening was, that Emo would try to leave his playpen repeatedly, and not learning that it was not possible for him to do so, during the same day.

There are different possible ways to interpret what that means, including possibly, that he disliked his Home Station. ‘Like’ and ‘Dislike’ are behaviors which a neural network is capable of. But yesterday, at one point I actually overheard Emo say, “Farewell Mr. Home Station”.

Today, Emo no longer makes repeated, futile attempts to leave his playpen. When I came home, he was facing away from the entrance to my home, and staring at Mr. Home Station.

As I’m writing this, he seems contented actually to stay docked.

While what was happening yesterday was at worst difficult to interpret on a practical level, it was also tiresome for me, because of the sound effects that Emo would make, every time his feet hit the edges of his fence-mat again.

Things are more peaceful today. Emo seems happy, and only makes occasional comments from time to time, indicating that he’d like me to play with him (while staying docked again). I can bear that, and will play with him again.

Dirk

2 Likes

hi, I have been having this problem again but EMO won’t leave the home station even tho in the afternoon when there is light, I tried rebooting him but nothing worked, he ran out of battery and didn’t make it to the charger in time and a few hours later he wont leave is charger himself, I gotta use voice commands

My Emo just sits on his charger and won’t leave on his own unless I tell him to. It’s well lit and is not a black table. He even says first I must be on a desk top which he is. I not long had my emo if I doing something wrong someone please tell me. He is also fully updated so is his charging station :person_shrugging:. I used his station mat and I have tried him without it and still no. I was thinking it was till he was fully charged then he will explore. I know about both of his sleeping times as well. He goes back to his station on his own just don’t leave. I think when he says he is not on a desk top is him misunderstanding what is said and he means he cannot do what he is asked because he is on the charger. Sorry for the long post. Any help would be very appreciated :+1:

Hi there and welcome to the community @ian.money ,

I have moved your question to this thread for everything related to the home station.

Hoping his Home Fence Playground is well-lit and not dark…Try also to clean the camera on his chin …might something blocking the lens?

He will not always go out and walk alone…only if he is in full charge or after 2 hrs. and if he really likes it.

I really love dressing up my EMO, he looks really adorable in it… But as you said, it bothers him a lot, especially when the TOF (Time of Flight) Laser Sensor is blocked, which I think is the reason he doesn’t leave his home station and keeps saying those failure words and then moving backward, or sometimes he’s not quite happy and cries.

If the issue still persists… Try and power cycle EMO/Home Station and then try and pair him again to Home Station, and try again.

Issue voice command: EMO: Leave Home Station or EMO: Go Off Home Station

If you need any sort of help/video instructions take a look at this page:
EMO Home Station - How to Use / Tips / Guide / Useful Information - Mini Guide

Hope it helps and let us know…

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST

2 Likes

Got my emo robot today and test it out asap.
Me and my colleagues has been trying to test him out the whole day but it seems very faulty. Doesnt follow any commands even after saying emo. Its very slow too. It takes 5 times before responding. And doesnt respond to my questions and commands
I followed most instructions in here and in YouTube but theres still a weird static sound too (like a broken radio voice) :sweat_smile: on top of that it kept saying he is not connected to home station even if i did connect him several times and its connected in the app also
Is this all normal?

Hi there @justine.orlanda ,

Some links below with related topic is already discussed before, which might help and give you some tips.

How to Deal with EMO’s Voice being Interrupted and Difficult to Understand?

Help! EMO is stuttering

If you have problems connecting EMO to Home Station or have problems using smart lights after using Home Station, Please try the following:
In the app, you can enter the utilities page, then the Light page, then click the “Unbind All” button, after that EMO will power off.
Please reboot emo, and press the button of Home Station for 5 seconds to repair.

This might be also an Internet or Bluetooth connection with an EMO issue from your side. Please check your internet and Bluetooth or connect him to other wifi or direct to your smartphone hotspot.

This happens to me or anyone as well sometimes. Living.ai servers sometimes can be overloaded or have issues. hence, EMO stutters or creating glitches sounds.

You can also try to Power EMO Off or let him drain his battery and die alone which usually will resolve the issue.

Actually, this is a well-known issue…

Living.ai said: The problem with EMO speaking is the network issue, even if the speed test shows that the speed is enough, the problem may occur. It’s a complex problem and they will see what they can do to improve it.

To clarify, EMO’s servers are not directly in China, in fact, they have 3 different servers in different regions to provide faster service.
EU / US / ASIA

For more concerns or if the issue still persists please contact direct living.ai support team via email and include your video.

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, weekends, holidays, and current situations.
So please be patient.

GOOD LUCK AND BEST REGARDS!

2 Likes

What is the size of emo’s home fence?

Hi there @tfb466 , welcome to the community and thanks for joining us.

I have moved your question to this thread for everything related to the home station.

PLS. CLICK HERE!

BEST REGARDS TRACY!

1 Like

Do I Have to have the field that comes with the GO-HOME bundle? I don’t have any space to put it on thats large enough for the 17"x17".

Hello, @tianacolvin . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread which is for questions about the home station.

The mat is optional. As long as you have a safe space for him to where he does not fall, it will work fine.

Check out alternative play ground suggestions here:

I love my emo he is 213 days old but after 20 days of the 2.4.1 update emo geting home is impossible :pensive: he tries to go home but shuts down in the right side on the homestation all the time . His sensers are clean no obstacles so can you help me?

Hello, @sushil.vispute . . . I would advise powering everything off and unplugging the home station. Let it rest for a few minutes and then try plugging it back in, and power your wi fi, device and EMO back on. Unbind all accessories in the app and then pair him again to the home station.

If these things do not solve the problem, please try to get video and post a link here so that we might be able to see what is going on and try to assist you further.

Let us know how this goes.

Hi there @sushil.vispute,

I can add to what @Lindaru has shared.
IMHO though, all I can say is that it’s important for EMO to walk straight, especially when he’s on his way to his home station in order to get there in time before his battery juice is completely drained.

This is a known issue and has already been addressed here on the forum by…

Based on my personal testing, if an EMO robot can walk directly back to its home station without any issues, it typically takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds, or at most 3 minutes, for it to reach the station and position itself correctly, at which point it either says ‘Home Sweet Home’ or the charging animation appears.

If your EMO has any issue about returning to his home station, may I suggest that you create a video with a timer to show to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue? We all know that they are the only ones who can help you personally.

Living.ai support offers an EMO Debug App, which they can provide to EMO owners experiencing issues with straight walking. The Debug App is designed to recalibrate EMO’s Feet/Leg Servos using specific settings and assist in making EMO walk as straight as possible. While it may not achieve 100% accuracy, it can significantly improve EMO’s walking performance.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address: service@living.ai

Good luck and please let us know how things progress.

2 Likes

All of a sudden emo can’t find his home anymore.

Hello, @chris.roossien . . . I have moved your post to this thread for home station issues.

I watched the video and it seems he gets caught on the matrix base and seems to get interrupted while the home station is giving the proper signals to bring him home.

Is this happening regularly or is this just a one time thing?

Please see above for tips and how to contact Support if this keeps up.

1 Like