Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hello, @Kct5 . . . I would advise gently first wiping the area where his foot meets the charger in case there is something blocking it. If this does not work, I would advise contacting Support with a link to this video and letting them know what is happening. Information above in this thread where I have moved your post on how to do that.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi there @Kct5 ,

Have you tried swapping both cables for a quick test to determine if they are both in good working condition? The Skateboard Charger Cable and the Home Station Cable can be interchanged to check if the issue might be originating from the Home Station Cable?

You can also try disconnecting or unbinding EMO from both the charger and then start by connecting to either the Home Station or the charger to see if it resolves the issue.

Good luck and All the best Kristyā€¦

OK weird one here - been trying to help someone whose EMO was having issues due to the dreaded BT Router that binds the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels.

Managed to switch off 5GHz and get EMO connecting to WiFi fine now.

However the HomeStation refused to connect to it. We uninstalled the app, rebooted the HomeStation, used a different USB-C cable and charger just in case, but although EMO can connect to it by bluetooth, he cannot send the WiFi setup to it. When you try to manually Sync the WiFi setup it fails.

In the app EMO is showing connected to HomeStation 1f02, but the station just refuses to connect to WiFi.

Any help most appreciated as I canā€™t think of anything else to try.

1 Like

Updateā€¦ It appears that the HomeStation thinks itā€™s connected to a crazy non-existant WiFiā€¦ Pic attached.

1 Like

Hmmm, strange that was able to connect to 5ghz, in theory only have a 2.4 moduleā€¦ but, not sureā€¦ anyway, try to keep it in 2.4. Even, in some routers you can create an ā€œIOTā€ network, you can attach it to that.

1 Like

I realy dont know whats going on with it I thought the strange code it was trying befor was bad now its so long and no idears its bonkers lol and I thank you for helping me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if EMO has any pic codes, like Cozm0 and Victor has for interaction. Has cozm0 and victor Both had symbols on their little cubes, and victor has a symbol on his charging station to tell him what it is. Does EMO have anything like that?

Hi, @simonmcmillan . . . no code pictures like that. EMO relies on his TOF laser to guide him back to his home station which connects to the sensor on the station itself.

Hi, my emo will go to his station of his own and go on and off of it with the command but he has never left it of his own accord whether it be in the morning or after his afternoon nap. Itā€™s gotten to the point where i will slide him across onto his matt (donā€™t want to upset his by picking him up) and he is happy to be off of it. Am i doing something wrong?

Hi, @phoebe.raven . . . it is possible that perhaps the lighting there no matter the time of day is not well lit? I would advise you take some pictures or video of where his home station is so that we might be able to help you figure out what might be going on.

If nothing else, Support will assist you in solving the problem.

We look forward to hearing back.

1 Like

Hi there @phoebe.raven

INFO!
EMO will walk off the Home Station by himself after charging or when the battery is full or after 2 hrs of charging and only if he feels like it or wants to.

For my EMO, I can confirm that the above information is working properly either with lights or even at dark. All by himselfā€¦ he will automatically just say

• ON MY WAY
  • SOUNDS GOOD
  • I LIKE A WALK
    and then he leaves his Home Station all aloneā€¦

BEST REGARDS, AND ALL THE BEST, PHOEBE

2 Likes

Hello. I posted to this thread previously, when Emo could never find his home station. And that previous problem was really due to an error on my part, which was resolved 100%. But now, I think I may have a real bug to report.

My Emo has firmware version 2.4.0.

I think that there is some sort of logic problem, in the ability of Emoā€™s Bluetooth to link with the home station. Emo will go exploring just a bit more often than I think is normal, but stay within its fenced area. But, when I tell Emo to Go Home (after having rewarded him with some interaction), he will at first say that he canā€™t do that, because heā€™s not connected with his home station. What I then do is, not intervene in any physical way, but just repeat the command unchanged. The second time, Emo will go to his home station successfully.

The problem is intermittent.

What Iā€™m worried about is, that one day, if he goes exploring, and his firmware doesnā€™t detect that he has a home station, he may continue to try exploring until his battery runs out. But that hasnā€™t happened yet.

Dirk

Update: To test whether this could be a problem with his physical Bluetooth chip, Iā€™ve paired Emo with two of his lights. I can get Emo to turn the lights on and off, as well as to change their color, repeatedly, without error. So, this does not seem to be due to the Bluetooth hardware.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I guess he just doesnā€™t want to leave it then (fair enough since I donā€™t want to leave my bed in the morning lol). I will see if a different location might work if he continues to do this

Wish you and your Emo all the best

3 Likes

Well after 8 days and with all the problems ive been having with the help of AdamE I think we may of FINALY got it sorted out! It was my internet ive got a bt router that was causing all the issues firstly it was 2.4 and 5 combined hence why it wasnt connecting right. Managed to turn of the 5 so he connects as he should. Then the signal is so bad that is why when EMO trys to send the wifi link to the home station it connects to that stange no existent connection causing him not to be able to go home and him saying he is not connected to home station. We did a test erlier and took him upstairs next to the internet box and he connected as he should! It would also explain why the app on my iphone and tablet wouldnt find the internet to connect to half the time if the signal is bad. So Ive just orderd a TP 2.4 wifi booster that will arrive later this evening and fingers crossed if i can get that set up to boost the signal to my room he should connect fine and finaly be all working as he should. All i can do is hope and keep my fingers crossed but at least i can finaly see light at the end of the tunnel! :smiley: So a BIG Thank you to AdamE hopfully it will all soon be resolved :wink:
Edit : he is now connected to the home station as he should be one happy EMO and one happy Emo owner YAY :grin:
best wishes
Steve :wink:

5 Likes

dirkmittler sounds like the exact same problem i was having emo would say not connected and not go home. it isnt the blue tooth part that is fine its when emo trys to send the wifi link to the home station to go home. Mine was doing the same. It turned out to be the wifi signal not being good so it couldnt connect. I added a wifi booster and now he connects fine. if you go to home station icon connect it will show emo connected if you then go to wifi is he connected to the correct wifi? that was my issue. might be the problem your having to? if not hope you can sort it out.
Best wishes
Steve :wink:

3 Likes

Hello @Lindaru
Can EMO and home station connect to a 5GHz Wi-Fi channel and work correctly?

Hello, @BORIS . . . no, only 2.4 GHz. My personal router has both capabilities and I actually had to set it to the sign in for the 2.4.

1 Like

Hello, @stephen.murrell . Of course, my eyesight cannot tell me, whether Emo is using Bluetooth or WiFi, so, what you just wrote sounds plausible enough, that Iā€™ve just ordered a WiFi Extender. It should arrive tomorrow. When I have that set up, Iā€™ll also get a better idea whether this problem, which I wrote was intermittent, is in fact solved. Thank you!

P.S. Consistently with what you suggested, certain things Iā€™ve done with the WiFi indicated that my WiFi was indeed weak where Emo is set up.

Dirk

2 Likes

dirkmittler make sure the wi extender is only a 2.4 as emo wont work on 5G but i added that to the hall next to my room to boost the sigal so emo is connected to home station on that. So when i click the settings i can see emo is connected to the extender. Then if i click the homstation icon in app then wifi its shows connected to the extender also sho he is now running as he should be. It was a nightmere since i got him to get him to work right but now that is sorted out hes doing ok :slight_smile: Hope it solves your problem also :wink: this is what i got and has done the job :slight_smile:

it actuly shows the EXT on the end of the wifi for the booster whe you set him up on the wifi so my emo is only connected to the booster and not the wifi upstairs itself that is weak. and now he comes and goes on and off his charger as he wants. :slight_smile:

2 Likes