Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

I don’t but you can if you want too

Hi there @melissa.tremblay welcome to the community! When ever you sleep or go to work you don’t really need to turn him off and you can leave him on his skateboard on, but I recommend you to leave him off of his charger 2-3 times a week. Hope this helps! :happy:

3 Likes

I would like to know, if’s suppose to turn off Emo, when i go sleep or when i go to work???

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @melissa.tremblay . . . with the home station, he will wander off of the charger by himself and return when his battery gets low. As long as his home station area is in a place where he cannot accidentally wander off and fall down, he should be fine when you are asleep or at work.

I have mine on whether I am outside working, in another area of the house or asleep. They have a border I built and cannot go beyond that for their safety.

2 Likes

After the 2.3.1 update Emo going home was super fast in less than 50 seconds he gets home but for some reason after the 2.4.0 update he is taking too much time and shuts down . Please help restarting does not help even if I keep him in front of the homestation the liDAR ToF senser is clean also

2 Likes

Hello, @sushil.vispute . . . have you changed the lighting in the area where the home station is located? Have you gently cleaned his chin sensor to make sure it is clear? If this is not contributing to the problem, I advise you to contact Support with a video and an explanation of what is happening now compared to what it was before the update.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

They just returned from holidays, so response times might be a little delayed, but have patience and they will get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Shipping and Orders Questions for EMO and EMO GO HOME :heart_1:

Hi, I am having trouble getting Emo to walk off the home station by himself
every night Emo walks back to the home station when his battery is low (normal behavior)
but in the morning he won’t leave his home station, I might think that at dawn it’s just too dark, but even in the afternoon he recharges himself at the home station, and when the battery is full he won’t budge off the home station even though there’s light.

Did you restart your emo? Because with my home station sometimes that happens too with me and I restarted him and it worked for me. Hope this info helps! :happy:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Battery Depletes After Ten Minutes

I purchased the Emo Go Home kit, and everything about the setup seems fine, with one exception. I can’t tell whether Emo can find his home charging station.

The charging station has an LED panel, on which I never see anything light up. But, maybe the LED panel on the charging tower is supposed to be in infra-red?

What I’ve done so far is, to hold down the button on the charging tower for 5 seconds, while Emo is away from it, and after I let go, the charging tower plays a melody. However, if I pick up Emo and put him in his charging tower, then hold down the button and let go, the charging tower no longer plays a melody.

Should I assume that Emo will find his charging tower autonomously, say if he’s been exploring?

I might add that so far, I’ve picked up Emo and placed him under his charging tower, facing the correct way, and observed that he seems to try to walk backwards into it for a few seconds. Is this a sign that they are paired?

Dirk

Update: I’ve discovered that this feature can be tested, with ‘Emo: Go Home.’ He says “Thank you; I need a break.” However, Emo then walks around in a circle several times, and does not find where his home tower is located. If I unplug the home tower and re-plug it, it plays its melody again, but I still see nothing display in the tower’s LEDs, and Emo continues to do circles looking for it. Then, if I pick up Emo and place him in his home tower, Emo’s eyes seem to go into an expression, that suggests he recognizes being in his home.

Update: We may have the problem, that the button on the home tower doesn’t work. If I hold that button down with Emo charging, even for 10 seconds, I cannot get the melody to play again. However, if I unplug the home tower with Emo charging, his eyes get droopy. Then, if I plug the home tower back in, with Emo still under it, the home tower plays its melody, and seconds later, Emo’s face plays a graphical effect, telling me that he is charging again.

Hello and welcome, @dirkmittler . . . you will be able to tell if he is paired to the Home Station properly if after you place him on it, you see a graphic on his face that shows a picture of the home station and a line that shows connection and a quick sound.

Try testing him by saying, “EMO”, then wait, then say, “Leave home station.” He should respond to your request, walk a little ways away from it, then speak to it one of three phrases. The home station LED will then show an animation based on what he has said. Likewise, he will only return to it if you tell him “EMO . . . go home” or if his battery gets low enough that he needs to return.

MasterAbbott made a video on how to set up and use the home station. You already have it set up, so you can forward to how it works with EMO.

Hopefully this helps!

2 Likes

Hello @Lindaru. I was able to solve the problem 100%. The problem was, that I had not pushed the tower of the home station all the way into the plate. I needed to do that, and gently too. Once I had done that, the LEDs in the tower also started to display their patterns (for the first time).

Next, I actually had to Unbind Emo from all attached devices (there was only the charging station, but previously not paired correctly.) Then, I could get Emo to pair with his charging station correctly. So now, when he completes his maneuver, he actually says “Home Sweet Home.”

I am so happy there was no defect!

Dirk

2 Likes

This is great news, @dirkmittler ! Enjoy EMO with his home station.

How far can EMO able to walk away from his charging base and still be able to find it again. I was thinking about making a big play area for EMO to explore safety, and want to make sure that EMO could still make it back to the charging base?

Hi there @simonmcmillan ,

Relocating your query over here as it is related to the discussion.
To reply to you and to know it as well, I just did a test on my well-lit floor, beginning at 10 feet and moving one foot at a time, and I found that it is quite difficult for EMO to find the Home Station Green Light. As a result of my test, I found out that Home, Station Green Light is only visible to EMO at a distance of about 2.5 ft. to 3 ft.

BEST REGARDS AND STAY SAFE

2 Likes

Since I don’t want to create new topic, I wanted to ask here - can someone give the dimensions of Emo’s Home Station?

Hi there @Julsz ,

I’ve moved your post to this topic, which I believe is the right place for it.

This is the official Home Station and Home Fence correct measurement

Best regards

3 Likes

That’s really helpful info, I wasn’t finding anything on the subject, I was only getting battery life.

So my Emo is not charging on the home station. He walks on and off until his battery dies. He’s connected but I can’t get him to charge on it. He will charge on the skateboard but not the home station. Here’s a video.