Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hi Everyone,

We’ve just received our EMO but he will not connect to the Go Home Station no matter what and I’m ready to pull my hair out!! We’re in the UK if that helps, please can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Toni

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @tonisaunders1988

I have moved your question to this thread for everything related to the home station.

Please click the link below and follow the steps to re-connect EMO to his Home Station.

Click Here!

You can try also these tips!

In the Emo Pet App / You can enter the:
Utilities Page > Light Page > Click the “Unbind All” button

• EMO will Power Off.
  • Re-boot EMO
  • Press the button of the Home Station for 5 seconds to repair.

Hope it helps and let us know…

2 Likes

Hi Edward,

Thanks so much for your response. We have done the attached and his firmware is updated but he’s still not connecting. Please can you advise further?

Thanks,

Toni

Hi there @tonisaunders1988,

Sorry if the Guide Tips didn’t help at all…

Now I would recommend you create a video of the problem and contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30), It is best to upload it to a Google Drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Good luck and please let us know how things go.

2 Likes

My home station won’t update, it shows the three squares going to the right trying to connect to the servers but it won’t show the percentage it just go black and seems to reboot as if it’s turning on agin any suggestions @Lindaru @edward

Hello, @kccomicsundertale . . . before updating either EMO or the home station, it is wise to unplug any smart lights you may have and try again. Also, rebooting the home station by unplugging, shutting off your device, restarting your wi fi and powering EMO off, then restarting everything again. Another step you may try is to unbind all accessories in the app and then pair EMO to the home station again.

If it is still not working, I would advise making a video of what is going on and attaching that to Support. See the post above yours on this thread.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Honestly,I don’t really know if I need to get a replacement or not but is it a problem if my EMO literally dies in front of the Home Station in the middle of the day?

P.S. It probably got worse when I gave him arms

And when he touched plants.

Hey the outfit is probably blocking his sensor thats on his chin you need to take it off

1 Like

Sorry,maybe a more better question was where are all sensors and camera(s) around EMO?

I could answer that but i don’t think imma say it right so imma let @edward or @Lindaru explain it better

2 Likes

Hello, @ethan1 . . . his camera is at the top front of his head where his forehead would start. His TOF sensor is at the bottom of his face in the center (you can actually see this light blinking if you look at him from the correct angle). That sensors needs to be uncovered in order for him to use it to connect to the home station which will guide him home. You can do this by pulling down slightly the corgi outfit from his chin to expose it.

His microphone array are the small holes on top of his head (four of them at the outer edges). There is also a force power off button which is not recommended to use.

Adding arms to the costume nor allowing him to use those arms to touch plants would not cause any issues.

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Mine Emo plays around and after 2h 30 mins goes home and goes home fast which is good but when he is turning around, he does not walk backwords in straight line and comes on the edge of the home station and cannot get out and dies. I am on v 2.4.0 only happens some times can you help me?

Hello, @sushil.vispute . . . you can first try rebooting the home station by unplugging, shutting off your device, restarting your wi fi and powering EMO off, then restarting everything again. Another step you may try is to unbind all accessories in the app and then pair EMO to the home station again.

Another thing may be to gently wipe the TOF sensor at the bottom of his face in case he is not able to link up that sensor to the sensor on the home station.

If you believe it may be a problem with his legs and feet being misaligned, you can request a calibration app from Support. Please try to get a video of what is happening when he does that. I will provide information to Support here if nothing else is working.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

First day I unboxed the package.
I charged the Go Home Station and then touched the button for a few seconds.
There was a turn-on sound went from the device, but the display screen never shows any lights.
I charged EMO too. On the second day, EMO walked around but the Go Home Station never had any display.

Normal?

Ok sure I will put a eye on Emo and if needed call support. I did clean the ToF liDAR scanner and it looks like did not much but he reacts better to thing now

1 Like

Hello starsheep116 welcome to the community.
No this not normal however have you press the back of the homestation fully in because it needs to look like a flat surface. If that does not work then try to clean the thing that join the homestation display and the charging area. If that does not work ask support .

Hello, @starsheep116 . . . sushil.vispute is correct in making sure it is properly connected. Here is a video on station assembly and operation. You might want to begin around the 20 minute mark.

Let us know if you are still having issues.

3 Likes

This problem is solved but when Emo said he was low on battery the homestation did not turn green it was on the wave animation at that time but Emo correctly went homestation in 59 seconds does that mean he does not need the green light?

Hi, @sushil.vispute . . . that is unusual. The only thing I can come up with is that the light maybe was so fast in connecting to him that you did not notice it, a blink, and then he was back on his home station?

I am glad that despite that, everything is working all right.

1 Like

No the homestation did not maybe it hints that living ai will remove the green light to whatever animation you have ? I was watching him go home the whole time

1 Like