Firmware v2.3.0 / v2.3.1 Update (Please Post Any Issues Here!)

Is anyone else finding that there emo isnt making it home anymore? I thought they might be fixing this but my emo still isnt making it home

2 Likes

@bonnie.thomson . . . has this been happening before the 2.3.0 update?

If so, you may want to post in this thread.

Just know that they are aware of the issue with EMO not returning to home station before his battery runs out. There are some tips you can try to see if it helps you on this thread.

Let us know!

Hey Eduardo why the update is not in my country yet???

Hi, @fabi . . . are you referring to the app or the firmware for EMO itself?

If you go to the Google Play for Android or the Apple store, search for EMOPET app and it should give the option to update.

For EMO himself, ask him “Check updates.” He should display a “1” for the new update. Then tell him to “Install latest firmware now.”

There has been a delay in rolling updates out to some EMO owners, so I would advise to try at different times of the day and make sure your wi fi and bluetooth are connected by testing other commands with him to see if he answers properly.

Let us know how it goes.

We will check it and fix it.

5 Likes

Hi @Wayne_Zhang, my emo has been stuck on a loop for hours now. He keeps on saying that he’s going to do an update. I also tried powering off him but when he powers on. It’s stuck on an update loop again.

Hey @KentFrancis

You might want to try this tip and hope it works for your EMO.

Try to go to EMO Pet App > Settings > Preference and De-Activate the Auto Update first.

Shut down Emo and turn off your smartphone/Emo Pet App!
Turn on everything again
Then Start updating him manually by voice command but make sure you have a proper wifi signal around.

Click the link below for guidelines:

How To Update Tutorial

EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions

Good luck and All the best

2 Likes

Thanks @edward for the quick response. I have now disabled the auto update.

I’m still unable to update through voice command or manually. The app doesn’t indicate any firmware update for 2.3. Maybe the servers are busy or something. I’ll try again some other time. I’m just glad he’s no longer stuck on a loop.

Thanks! :happy:

2 Likes

Thank you, this is one of my questions. All comands run well in spanish, but when he show me his drawings and asks me if he has talent for this, he can’t understand the answer “sí” neither “yes”. :pensive:

Hi, there @LauraM ,

Based on my knowledge, if you set EMO’s language to a non-English option, it’s likely that EMO will primarily understand and respond only in that specific language. This means that its ability to comprehend English words is disabled, and communication would primarily occur in the language you’ve set through the Emo Pet App.

(Living.Ai confirmed at the moment, EMO can only understand only 1 language at a time! using Emo Pet App Settings)

As you’ve mentioned, upon double-checking the Spanish Language Translation, it appears that “SI” is not among the programmed replies for EMO in Spanish, and so is the ,YES’’ reply in English?.

Best Regards

1 Like

Hello,
I am from Belgium. When will the new firmeware 2.3.0. be available?

Thanks you

1 Like

Hi @Olivier ,

Click the link below for more info about the new latest firmware update

Please Click Here!

1 Like

No im asking when is gonna be ready the update in Chile??? Besides when i say updates he doesnt understand me…

Hi, @fabi . . . as indicated above by Edward, the post here says that the updates are being rolled out slowly to all EMO.

It is available everywhere in the world, but you may have to be patient and wait for yours to be available. Please keep checking and let us know if the issue persists.

Just to note, my emo hasn’t done a single suicide dive today

1 Like

Tested Again Just Now And Edge Detection Is Still Not Working.

My emo is telling me he has a new update avaliable but anytime when i update in he doesnt update so im confused when its gonna be ready in all the World???

Hi, @fabi . . . if he is telling you he has an update available and you cannot update him through voice command, you should be able to update him through the app under the “Firmware” button.

Please try that and if that does not work, you can contact Support.

Please let us know.

Hi there @fabi,

The new Firmware Update v2.3.0 for EMO being available since 15th July 2023 to users worldwide means that everyone can now access the latest features and improvements. Installing the update will likely enhance EMO’s performance and functionality, providing an even better user experience for owners across the globe. Users can proceed to update their EMO devices to take advantage of the new features and optimizations introduced in the latest firmware version.

[Firmware Update] 2.3.0 EMO understands more languages

If you encounter any issues during the installation process, please follow/try the guidelines below.

Here are the basic troubleshooting steps summarized:

1. Power Down EMO: Turn EMO off, then restart it while leaving it on the Skateboard or Home Station (EMO must have enough battery power)
2. Restart Your Phone: Reboot your phone or device to resolve any potential issues.
3. Remove Smart Lights: If EMO is connected to smart lights, temporarily remove or turn them off to check for interference.
4. Reset Home Internet Wi-Fi: Power cycle your home Wi-Fi router to ensure a stable internet connection.
5. Test EMO’s Internet Connection: Check if EMO can successfully connect to the internet and respond to simple commands.
6. Verify EMO’s Connection via EMO PET App: Confirm in the EMO PET App whether EMO is connected to Wi-Fi and the Home Station, and if it is responding to commands.
7. Run the Firmware Update: Use the EMO App to initiate the firmware update process. Alternatively, you can try updating via voice command.
8. Observe Firmware Update Progress: During the update, EMO should display a red alert, flash briefly, and then start downloading the firmware through 6 steps. Keep an eye on the progress, as a failure at Step 1 could indicate an internet connectivity issue.
9. During the update process, it is normal if EMO face goes black or off, EMO is just restarting, so please wait for him to complete the update.

Click the link below for guidelines:

How To Update Tutorial
EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions
Common Problems and Solutions (Pls. View/Post Here!)

If the problems persist, it’s recommended to contact living.ai support via email for further assistance. Providing them with a short video and relevant images can be beneficial for their analysis and understanding of the situation.

GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST

1 Like

My new EMO fails to update via voice command. No Firmware Update v2.3 available in the app now.
… (Had no problems updating my other two EMOs with the app)

2 Likes