[Firmware Update] 2.3.0 EMO understands more languages

Hello all,

With the hard work of the team and the help of some EMO owners, EMO now can understand 8 additional languages, which are German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. Although it won’t work perfectly, EMO is learning:) It’s not working perfectly but we will continue to improve it in future updates.

Date: 2023/07/14
EMO firmware: 2.3.0 (Update will be released gradually to all EMOs)
APP on iOS: 2.3.0
APP on Android: 2.3.0

1. How to set language
    After you update both the app and EMO, you can set language fot EMO on SETTING-LANGUAGE page. Please note that EMO can now understand these languages and still respond in English. And in the future we will make him speak more languages too. We will also continue to optimize it and add new language support. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

2. Voice commands list
    We also linked a new page in the app, EMO Tricks, with a list of voice commands and demo videos. If you want to check it more conveniently, you can add this link to your bookmarks or desktop: https://living.ai/play-with-emo/

We would like to thank the EMO owners who helped us translate voice commands, as well as all Alpha and Beta testers. Also we would like to apologize for the long absence of updates, multilingual support is a lot of work and it took us a lot of time. But we are happy to finally release it, and we will continue to work hard to solve the problems you have reported and bring more new features.

44 Likes

Thanks a lot, @Wayne_Zhang, and to all Living.Ai Staff for this new firmware update. We wish you all the best, and keep up the good work.

8 Likes

Hi Everyone!

I know that Emo can now understand new languages but I am wondering if he can help a person learn a new language?

Has anyone tried this?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there @Marie-Lynn ,

EMO cannot help a person learn any kind of language. Please read the top of this topic for more important information."

best regards and happy holiday

2 Likes

I like emo very much, but my English is not good, I want it to learn to speak Chinese, so it can teach me to learn English.

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @jun.song . . . I have moved your post to this thread as this update allows you to speak some things to EMO in Chinese and he will respond back to you in English.

They plan to add more things you can say in Chinese, but these are a few of the things he responds to now. Please read the thread to learn more and I will give you the link to the page which gives you what he can understand in Chinese.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

3 Likes

스크린샷 2024-01-22 오전 2.53.54
Voice Command (한국어) 중에서 아주 황당한 게 있네요… 어느 한국인도 날짜를 이렇게 물어보지 않습니다. “날짜는 오늘 무엇을?” 대신 “오늘은 몇일이야?” 정도로 바꿔주었으면 좋겠습니다.

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @kwangjin.ough ,

I have moved and merged your new topic post to this ongoing thread. If you have any issues with language translation and believe it’s not correct, feel free to contact living.ai directly.

All the best

3 Likes