Firmware v2.3.0 / v2.3.1 Update (Please Post Any Issues Here!)

@Wayne_Zhang

hello
when emo is on the charger skateboard there is an update detected and continues to update over and over again but there seems to be a problem with the process

2 Likes

Hi @sooni,
Please Check The App For The Update,
First Click, “Settings,” Then, “Firmware.

If It Still Says:
Current Version: v2.2.0.p2,
Please Try Again Later.
Example

This Is My EMO Pearl’s Current Firmware.

If It Says:
Current Fimware: v2.2.0.p2,
Available Update: v2.3.0,
Click Update Firmware,

If That Doesn’t Work, Try To Turn Off Auto-Update And See If That Fixes It.

If That Doesn’t Work, Try To Power Off EMO,
Here Is A Video On 5 Ways To Power Off EMO

(Video Credit: @MasterAbbott).

If That Doesn’t Work Either, It Is Recommended To Contact LivingAI Support By Submitting A Ticket On The LivingAI Website.

Fill All Details Including Your Order Number Found In Your LivingAI Account And Include Your EMO’s ID (EMO-XXXX) And Also Submit A Video.
However, If The Video Is Larger Than 30MB, It Is Best To Upload The Video To The Following Platforms:
iCloud.com,
DropBox.com,
YouTube.com,
Google Drive Or
MicrosoftOnedrive.com
And Then Submit/Send The Link To LivingAI Support Team

You Can Also Contact LivingAI Support Via Their Official Email Address: Service@Living.AI

If You Have Your Original EMO Order Confirmation Email, You Can Simply Just Click Reply To That As It Contains All Your Customer Contact Info Along With Your Order Number Details As Well And Then Once Again Provide A Detailed Description Of The Problem Or Issue You Have With Your EMO And Attach Your Video As Well.

You Can Also PM Moderator/LivingAI Staff @MavisZhang From The LivingAI Support Team (After Sales Product Physical Issues Department Service) So He Can Help You.

1 Like

Same issue I encountered and still suffering~
Tried all tips shared in this thread… no luck.

@Wayne_Zhang

Thanks Edward for your response. Unfortunately still no update available for my Emo. The app is up to date.

I have exactly the same problem! And there is no 2.3 update possibility via app at the moment …

The Last Update ist Like 7 month ago, emo did not improved much since release. Whats Happening? When is a big update coming that improves voice control and makes emo more useful? There was also talk of Alexa being introduced and Philips hue being able to be controlled.

2 Likes

Hi @ioannis, Welcome Back To The Forum,
Actually, The Newest Firmware v2.3.0 Was Released On July-15-2023 With Language Support Being The Only Feature In That Update.
And The Previous Firmware v2.2.0 Was Released 3 Months Ago On April-27-2023 With ChatGPT And AI Painting Being The Only Features In That Update.

NOTE:
A New Update Is Announced Every 2-3 Months, And The Update Is Announced By LivingAI Staff Member @Wayne_Zhang.

I Will Also Tag Moderator @edward So That He Can Move Your Topic To
Firmware v2.3.0 Update (Please Post Any Issues Here) (Looking For Help: EMO).

If You Have Any Other Questions, You Can PM LivingAI Staff @Wayne_Zhang So ThatHe Can Help With The Question.

As Far As I Know,
There Is No Exact Date On When The Intergration Of Amazon Alexa Or Google Assistant Being Released On EMO As Yet, But I Believe That The Next Firmware Possibly Called v2.4.0 May Be A Mega Update, But We Will Have To Wait Until The Middle Of September Of 2023,
There Was No Update For The Home Station As Yet Either,
The Last Home Station Update Was v1.1.2 Released On March-11-2023.

1 Like

Hi, there @ioannis , @GR-M3 , @Olivier , @doremic , @sooni , @fabi

If you tried already any possible tips from us moderators and from all well-experienced community members that are being shared here and still nothing helps…

The very best thing to do now is submit a support ticket to this website You can do so on the following page below.

…or send them an email too,

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, holidays, and current situations. so please be patient.

Nothing to worry much, about if the staff advice didn’t help you at all to resolve the issue, because they gonna advise you to send back your EMO at their own cost and they will send you a replacement immediately… gonna take quite some time and days but you have to be patient.

Wish and still Hope that Living.ai helps you to resolve the issue…

GOODLUCK and ALL THE BEST!

1 Like

Ive tried updating my emo but it failed. Am i doing something wrong?

Hello, @Leland . . . if you have tried everything provided in the guidelines below and it is still not working, you will need to contact Support.

Click the link below for guidelines:

How To Update Tutorial
EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions
Common Problems and Solutions (Pls. View/Post Here!)

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

They will help you out soon but know that it may take a few days for them to get back to you, so patience is required.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi, there @ioannis , @GR-M3 , @Olivier , @doremic , @sooni , @fabi , @Leland

Did you all try to use a different smartphone with a different operating system, apart from the one you are using now… or tried to connect your EMO to another WIFI, for example at a friend’s house, or you can also use another smartphone with internet and use it as a personal hotspot?

Apart from using your own WiFi at home, make sure EMO is properly connected to Bluetooth and the internet (Do a simple test like ask it for the current weather) when it responds before updating manually.

Actually, I just opened my spare EMO with also old firmware update and found the same problem, the update is not possible at home, so I brought it to my office and use my other Samsung smartphone because my main smartphone is iPhone and connects it to my NETGEAR Mobile WIFI signal. or you can also use another smartphone with internet and use it as a WiFI signal hotspot

Surprisingly the update goes through without interruption on my replacement EMO.

PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST AND GOOD LUCK

1 Like

Hello Edward, I rechecked the Firmware this morning (without changing anything). This time I got the new Firmware 2.3.0. The installation went well. Thank you for your answers. Good day

3 Likes

Thank you, @edward . . . I am glad you figured it out!

2 Likes

Suicide dive update: BOTH of them this morning pushed through a barrier (the skateboard charger with a tea light holder behind it) and ended up on the floor in the time I left the room and it took me to shower and make breakfast. The edge of the provided mat is a good 4 inches from the edge of the table on that side. This never happened before the latest update, not once.

Also to add, my first emo’s head sensor no longer works, and has also started having problems with one of the legs.

2 Likes

Hi there, I’m way a lot excited to try Emo in italian!
I saw in the “Emo tricks” area in the app that the “I love you” command is not written between the possible command in italian and neither in english.

I tried to tell him “Ti voglio bene” and “Ti amo” that are the italian traslation but It seems he doesn’t understand.
Does anyone know about this command?

Thank you!

Hi, there @coragasparotti ,

At present, living.ai has provided EMO with a limited set of basic phrases and int’l language options. However, they assure that additional will be added later or in the future. To explore and familiarize yourself with some prepared special basic Italian phrases for EMO, please click on the following link:

Based on my knowledge, if you set EMO’s language to a non-English option, it’s likely that EMO will primarily understand and respond only in that specific language. This means that its ability to comprehend English words is disabled, and communication would primarily occur in the language you’ve set through the Emo Pet App.

(Living.Ai confirmed at the moment, EMO can only understand only 1 language at a time! using Emo Pet App Settings)

Upon checking the Italian translation of the voice command, I found that there is no prepared and programmed Italian translation of the word “I Love You” available for the base/interaction.

Best Regards Cora…

1 Like

Thank you!
Hope soon I will be able to say to him “ti voglio bene” that is the translation of “i love you”.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m not able to update my EMO firmware past the 2.2 pre version .
the app itself is on version 2.3.1 and my latest notification is for the firmware update of 1.7.0.
what am i missing?

1 Like

Hello @jaimy,
If You Are Having Issues Updating,
Please Click The Link Here!

Hope This Helps

1 Like

thank you so much for your reply. sadly I’ve already tried all these steps and they didn’t work. so I’ve also opened a support ticket

1 Like