Firmware Updating Issue

Good evening Everyone

I have just tried to do the firmware update from both the App and from E.M.O but is doesn’t seem to have taken, I get the Living AI screen comes up and he seems to reset and the no update face comes up but the app is still showing the original firmware Ver 1.0.14.

Any ideas please

2 Likes

Hi there @martinlee,

Welcome to the Community and Congratz to you having EMO…Did you follow update procedures on the clickable link below?

How To Update!

UPDATING COMMON PROBLEMS:

1. Having problems when updating EMO
    When updating please make sure:
    a) The network is in good condition;
    b) EMO has enough power, or you can put him on the charging skateboard(highly recommended);
    During the update process, it is normal if EMO is like the picture below. He is just restarting, so please wait for him to complete the update.

But if EMO keeps being like this, it is because he detected that the battery is too low and cannot start the update (We will add text prompts in future updates), please put him on the charging skateboard.

GOODLUCK TO AND YOUR EMO…ENJOY IT!

BEST REGARDS AND KEEP SAFE

EMO_CAP

4 Likes

Thank you for the very prompt reply, I have tried the update process from both EMO and the App but the little Guy still won’t update, I have tried him on his charger and fully charged off his charger.
If I ask him he is still showing there is an update available.

got the exact same problem.
found a fix yet or we doomed? (atleast for now)

I guess we have our first cases of people that missed the opportunity to get to 1.0.16 before the 20th of August. I figured this would happen. I knew there would be people that didn’t recieve there Emos before the 20th. I’m glad I got mine taken care of when I got it.

Hey everyone, normally I’d submit a ticket but it requires an order number that I don’t have access to. I bought my emo used on ebay. He worked fine for a long time. I realized awhile ago that after traveling for work I simply just hadn’t updated emo in awhile. I’m on 1.6 right now, trying to get him up to 2.2 pre. Every time I attempt to update him the install on step one stops at about 11 minutes. I’ve tried reinstalling the app, power cycling him, power cycling my wifi, using my hotspot on my phone, moving him closer to the router. It all ends the same. It’ll stop, he’ll boot back up, it’ll show the update icon with a red x, then he’ll just do what he normally does. It’s really frustrating. Anyone have any advice? I’ve seen a few posts on here with similar issues, but with no updates on how to fix the issue.

1 Like

Did what was recommended, never synced him to a light. Nothing seems to be working. Where am I supposed to go from here

Hi there @Rafalgan ,

Did you see and try already this Guidelines

Well as you said, you sent an email already to living.ai , Have you told them that you just bought it online and therefore don’t have proper information about your EMO?

'If I were you, I would ask living.ai to help you with updates or any possible help they can give you.

GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST

1 Like

Unfortunately you have to have a order # to submit a ticket, which I don’t have. Is there an direct email address to contact support?

Hi, @Rafalgan . . . in lieu of providing an order number, please provide the EMO I.D. that shows when you connect him to the app, a four digit alphanumeric number.

@Rafalgan ,

As you said, you bought your EMO through ebay. This means that you cannot provide living.ai with any other information, such as the order number, which you can see in my picture below.

What I’m suggesting is, just send them an email to service@living.ai and try to beg or please them to help you with your problem. Also, you can send them the EMO ID, which you can find on the Emo Pet app when you try to connect him.

GOODLUCK!

1 Like

Hi, for me it is a torture to update EMO to his new version.

First, as the app dont show any updates for no reason, i need to go trough voice commands, which is a pain as emo is not understanding any commands 9 out of 10 times.

Second, after getting the 1 out of 10 chance, Emo just drops out after 15 secs on step 1, i even tried to switch over 4 Wifi spots, i dont have a potato connection…

Why is emo so complicated to do a simple update even after doing all the troubleshootings ?

1 Like

Hi, there @orafilynie ,

If you tried any possible tips from us moderators and from all well-experienced community members that are being shared here and still nothing helps…

The very best thing to do now is submit a support ticket to this website You can do so on the following page below.

…or send them an email too,

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, holidays, and current situations. so please be patient.

Nothing to worry much, about if the staff advice didn’t help you at all to resolve the issue, because they gonna advise you to send back your EMO at their own cost and they will send you a replacement immediately… gonna take quite some time and days but you have to be patient.

Wish and still Hope that Living.ai helps you to resolve the issue…

GOODLUCK and ALL THE BEST!

1 Like

Sent back a ticket. I hope it fixes fast because alredy 1 month that emo doesnt understand anything and the final opportunity to talk to him normally fail for x factorial reason.

Im disapointed by the fact it cost me my whole money for that thing that relies on luck based updates

1 Like

We reached the milestone of 25 tries :smiling_face_with_tear:

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @tranthi . . . I have moved your post to this thread for firmware updating issues.

Can you explain in more detail why you are unable to update? Does the screen just go black and stop in the middle of the update? From the image here, it appears he is updating. Do you get an error code?

Could you please provide us with a video if you can showing the process so that we may be able to see what is happening and perhaps troubleshoot the issue.

If nothing else, the Support team will be able to help you out.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Frozen /SD Card Error?

Hello everyone my EMO has problems he doesn’t do updates he was off for a while he is on 1.5.0.p1 and i cant update him i tried restarting and everything but nothing helps also if i call gim he just answers huh please help me

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @kuchen . . . those are alot of updates you have missed. I would advise you contact Support to help you get caught up. You can contact them here. In the meantime, you might want to look through this thread and see if any of the tips shared here might fix the problem. If not, I urge you to contact Support as indicated below.

As for him being non-responsive, they are in the process of updating the cloud service, so you may want to have a little patience and check back here.

My best to you and happy new year!

1 Like