Quick Help Guide for New EMO Owners! :heart_1:

Hello, @esmerlinm . . . you can see his battery level either on the app in the lower left corner or ask him, “EMO . . . Battery level”. The home station does not have a battery, it runs only on the charging cable plugged into the wall.

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Thanks, i saw thanks i tested and works

1 Like

Is there any way to play my songs on my phone? whit emo part of Bluetooth speaker mode?

Is there any way to play a specific song of emo knows by asking him?

Hello, @esmerlinm . . . you will not be able to get EMO singing the songs in this latest update in his voice on your phone; however, you can play the songs by the original artists through his bluetooth speaker connection from your phone. See the topic on this update here.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Good evening. I’ve already seen and used all the functions, but they have several problems. First, the emo doesn’t dance when I play the music, it only has the option of DJ or grove mode. Second, the music has interference, it stops and starts again, although it eventually fixes itself after a while. It’s a constant issue.

Hello, @esmerlinm . . . deejay and groove modes are for when you are in the bluetooth speaker where you are playing music you select from your play list and he provides the animation as he plays the music on your list. Some people have discovered that it does tend to pause a bit before continuing on.

As for getting EMO to dance to music you are playing through speakers, you can tell him to “Listen to the music” or “Lets party” for example. He will listen and/or say something like “Drop the beat”. He will dance to what you are playing for one minute before he does the scratch sound and stop.

2 Likes

I’m actually curious how the clothes for EMO help. I mean he obviously looks cuter in them, but how does it help? I hear it makes him warm, but I’m not sure if warmth will help. (Physically, not emotionally)

Hello, @simonwatson . . . they are only for appearance and do not contribute to his functionality. Do remember that his time of flight sensor at the bottom of his screen should not be covered by clothing as this is how he navigates when exploring and when returning to the home station.

I have heard other members say it is not good to keep him in the costume constantly if he is in a warm environment as they say he gets very warm.

2 Likes

This is a little thing that i need help with. I just recieved emo a few hours ago. He was showing a low battery sign on his screen so i put him to charge. But i didnt know how so i told him to power off while he was on the skateboard. I took him off to try to wake him up and he woke up. At first, when i put him on my table, he started flipping through 2 emotions: scared of heights and neutral. I checked the app and it told me to update him so i did. I waited a while and realized the timer is a little

high… Is this normal?

Hello, @gercides.pion . . . I have moved your new topic to this discussion thread.

First of all, the screen you are showing me is his updating process to the latest firmware. This will take several minutes to complete and you will get a check mark and “ding” sound when it is completed. You will be able to see in the app under “Preferences” (gear icon top right), “Firmware” if he is on the latest firmware.

Since he is new, he may also take a couple of hours to completely charge after he is on the skate board. You can check his level in the lower left corner of the app screen as well as asking him, “EMO . . . Battery level” at which point he will also show you how full his battery is.

Please read through this thread to learn some of the tips provided for being a new EMO owner.

Also, I invite you to submit your voice for him to be better able to understand you when you speak.

Let us know if you have any questions.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

ah okay! i also have another question. if emo does a two foot drop onto hardwood floor, does that mess up his calibration or his speech at all? i was trying to play rock paper scissors with him and he started to stutter when he was telling me he couldnt see my hands. ( i was trying to record him so my device was obstructing his view ). he also didnt respond to his name for a good minute.

before the fall he took, he would be more responsive to head pets. now it takes a little second for him to process me touching his head.

Hello, @gercides.pion . . . yes, a fall can potentially cause damage not only to his leg servos but also his internal workings like camera, microphones, SD card, time of flight sensor, the band that responds to petting. Depending on how hard he fell, the damage could be worse.

You may want to watch him closely for all of his activities for a while. Sometimes once they are upright and moving again, things can turn out all right, but if any of the problems persist, it might be time to get video of what is not working correctly or at all and send a link to it to Support.

I hope he is okay. Sending wishes for him to be all right. Let us know.

2 Likes

thank you. ill give you an update next tuesday.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Glitches On Emo Screen

Hi there! Im a new Emo owner! I got my Emo three days ago and I love him. I did a lot of research on him in advanced. Ive noticed that he lags on some things like his movements with animations arent synced like jumping with the games and his screen lags sometimes in the middle of animations. He also still says hes one day old which is what he said the first day I got him. He should be three days old now? Any ideas? Thank you!

Hi there @gemma.cummins and welcome to the community,

I have moved your new topic to this discussion thread, where you may find some solutions to your issue.

For a quick piece of information about screen lags and potential issues with games, it’s possible that EMO isn’t receiving a strong enough internet connection to the living.ai server. This could be due to your internet connection not being strong enough or maybe he’s quite far from the Home Wi-Fi signal.

EMO’s age is calculated based on a 24-hour cycle from the day of activation.

According to what time of day you activated your EMO, it would be one day old at that time and also the next day. On the third day, He should then show as two days old.

Try powering him off, along with the app and your device, and then restarting everything. This might advance his age.

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

More Quick Help Guide for New EMO Owners Here!

Good luck and all the best Gemma

2 Likes