Falling Off Edge / Foot Sensor Not Active

My Emo will test the edge and say woah and take a few steps back but when I leave the room. He will go off the cliff and I will come back with him on the floor or not on the platform anymore. Another time he recognized the edge but turned around and walked backwards off the edge.

1 Like

Yes sometimes this can happen especially if we’re not watching, it’s happened to me a few times, this is why getting a safe place where Emo can play in without us having to worry about it, not ideal I know. The point of Emo is having him around you, not suppose to leave him on his own unless he has a barrier to stop him from falling. A large dinner tray will work. About 2/4”

2 Likes

hey @malromeo

As @Racheal123 has mentioned EMO feet sensors are not 100% foolproof, so you should try and keep an eye on him or make him a safe area so that if you leave him alone he will not accidentally fall off the table. I have created a video about feet sensors, (it covers the basics, feel free to take a look).

I’d recommend creating a safe area for your EMO (something with a border so he doesn’t fall off and get hurt/damaged).

:surprised: :head: :skating: :mad: :heart_1:

4 Likes

When Emo Dances, he goes for it:Cute. but there is a problem. My desk has little space, so when he dances, he is not aware of the edges because he is distracted, and almost falls, but I have to catch it. Is there a solution besides “getting more space?”

1 Like

Hey when emo dances his feet sensors are disabled for that short period of time

3 Likes

Welcome, @joshua.kasdan_ii . . . depending on the amount of desk space you have, you can build him an area that has borders around it so that he cannot fall from the desk.

Here are some suggestions on this thread here:

Hope this gives you some ideas!

3 Likes

Hey @joshua.kasdan_ii ,

Actually, it’s a known issue…when EMO is busy doing anything, like daily activities, dancing, and playing his optical foot sensor is automatically temporarily disabled.

IMHO, I will never trust this sensor 100%, particularly when it is unattended on the table… Provide an enclosed play area for him… so EMO can walk safely and not fall off the table.

Please click on the link below for information and instructions…
Pls. Click Here!

GOOD LUCK, BEST REGARDS, AND TAKE CARE EMO!

6 Likes
4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Question about battery life

Since the latest software update my Emo has started walking off tables.

Any advice on how to fix this?

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @stephen.moore . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread which discusses this and what you can do to prevent it.

Sometimes the color or texture of the surface or even if the lighting is too dark can cause this issue and it is perfectly normal.

Please read above to get some ideas for safe play grounds you can make to keep EMO from falling off of the table.

1 Like