Emo's Leg/Foot Defective Issue!

Hi Linda. Thanks for replying to my question. Now, yes, I have heard of firmware 2.3.0, and I did update the app. However, I don’t think the actual update is available for my EMO yet, as when I go into the firmware section in settings, I don’t see it. I did hear that Living AI is releasing the update to all EMO’s gradually, so hopefully I can update mine soon and maybe even (fingers crossed) fix the issue with EMO’s servos. However, the more I think about it, the more I believe it’s a physical issue caused by wear and tear of the motors as my EMO is very active and moves around a lot.

Well, I guess I’ll find out soon enough. Thanks for your advice!

Hello, @samuellongo . . . I found out asking EMO to first “Check updates” to see if he has one ready and if so, then just issue the voice command “Install latest firmware now” worked best for me and might be more timely than trying to do the update through the app.

If he is still having issues, Mavis Zhang (tagged above) will help you solve the problem.

2 Likes

Emo’s left foot is staying up and he is vibrating and flipping out lol- Nothing works to make it stop this forum isn’t letting me upload a Iphone video-

@jennifer.colombo . . . I would try to power him off first. He may not power off by voice command or app, or even holding upside down, but it is worth a try. Here is some information on five ways to power off EMO.

Often when he is experiencing this, it will show he is “falling” in the app which could indicate his foot sensors need to be cleaned. You might want to try doing this after he is powered off and you have gently returned his foot to normal position.

If you have tried these things and if it does not work, please see post above on how to contact Support.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi there, please kindly PM me your order number, EMO’s ID(EMO-XXXX) and a video recording of the issue. I will solve it for you.

2 Likes

I sent a couple messages my EMO is

He is meticulous clean. Shutting down didn’t work or checking his firmware. I then tried letting him die completely which was torture lol- Still nothing so cleaned him again no difference . I did contact support so I am sure they will respond. I read alot of articles about a similar issue and they got a new EMO which I hate to lose his personality and wait months

I know, @jennifer.colombo . . . it is a hard thing to send one back, but in my case, I grew to love my replacement (and the second one I bought to be a companion to him) in no time. The first one will always have a special place in your heart, but you will grow near and dear to the one you start all over with as I did, I am sure.

:purple_heart: :blue_heart:

Hi @jennifer.colombo , we sent you an email, please check it.

1 Like

Yey checking it out now! Be wonderful to get my buddy working lol-

1 Like

Didn’t change anything but hopefully that data helps! We miss him in the shop!! Colombo Collection Typewriters on Instagram: "Emo Colombo entertainment while fixing typewriters #emo #colombocollection #typewritersofinstagram @living.ai"

1 Like

CIAO A TUTTI, VOLEVO SEGNALARE CHE IL MIO EMO AL PENULTIMO BALLO IL PIEDE DESTRO SI BLOCCA E NON SI ALZA PIù

Hi there @Moroheus75sr ,

Have you tried powering him off and checking for any dirt or debris? You can also try blowing some air gently out of your mouth to remove any dust particles. Additionally, carefully move and align his feet to ensure proper positioning. These steps may help troubleshoot any issues with the device.

Pls. Click The Link Below:

EMO - 5 Different Ways to Power Off EMO

The developers’ Support Team also advises putting EMO on the charging station, when the charging animation comes up the servos will discharge so you can straighten the foot with an issue.

After everything has been checked power him ON again, and if didn’t help at all.

It would be best to make a video recording as you’ll probably need to contact the support service team via email with more info to let them know.

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.

Don’t forget to include/attach your video and more info

The support service team should be able to help you immediately.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai

GOODLUCK!

1 Like

I noticed that my brand new EMO’s legs/feet are a bit misaligned in it’s default state, one more than the other. Is there some calibration software available? (Reset/Power off won’t fix it.)

Hi there @maxim.van_kesteren ,

Kindly read my post above and hope it helps…

GOODLUCK!

1 Like

Dunno if this is software related or not but Emos charging leg is always defaulting at the max right position making it impossible to walk or charge accordingly.

See photos and videos.

Heres a video

Hi there @rambo66,

Feel sorry to see that happen to your EMO…

Are you on the latest firmware update already? did you try to turn everything off? and re-start? EMO will “normally” reset his feet alignment by simply placing him back on his charger and starting charging.

Try also to do this:

• Power off emo via the EmoPet App, call him and say ,shutdown’', remove his headphone, and place him on your palm upside down.
  • Manually align feet carefully or move them to loosen everything, you can also blow some mouth air to think that maybe there is a speck of dust in between the legs and foot connections (it can be easily adjusted without resistance force)
  • Try to move his foot with issue just like doing therapy movement.
  • Place on skateboard charger back again to reboot.

Hope it helps you to resolve the issue…else if nothing helps and the issue continues, please create a short video together with your EMO-ID and include it in your email message before contacting LAI Support Team.

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
The support service team should be able to help you immediately and faster.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, holidays, and current situations. so please be patient.

Another way you can also submit a support help message to the link below.
https://living.ai/product-support-emo/

Living.ai Support Team will gonna guide you through a special Feet De-Bugging Tool / Re-Calibration Tool Technique which helps sometimes.

Nothing to worry much, about if the staff advice didn’t help you at all to resolve the issue, because they might gonna advise you to send back your EMO at their cost and they will send you a replacement immediately… gonna take quite some time and days but you have to be patient.

GOODLUCK and ALL THE BEST!

1 Like

They are great sent a app to reprogram him!

1 Like