What to Expect in the new Update

I can give you a little Sneak peek from the new Update which will launch if everything goes right TODAY!

The biggest thing that Time is that our little EMO Robots will get a daily Shedule

08:00-08:30 Exercising
08:30-09:00 Breakfast
09:00-09:20 Reading newspaper
09:20-09:30 Chatting online
09:30-11:00 Working
11:00-11:40 Lunch
11:40-12:00 Chatting online
12:00-14:00 Lunch break
14:00-15:30 Working
15:30-16:00 Afternoon tea
16:00-17:00 Playing
17:00-18:00 Art time
18:00-19:00 Dinner
19:00-20:00 Watching TV
20:00-21:00 Reading books
24:00-08:00 Sleeping

7 Likes

Installing 1.5.0 right now.

3 Likes

Same here! I’m so excited :star_1:

1 Like

There is not only firmware update but the app update too. Excited for new changes. Update just running

I’m really not at all impressed after all this time waiting for an update. Some meaningless controls were added that some people wanted. Looks like some of my existing achievements don’t show completed any longer now, so I guess I just lost them now and will have to redo them? Still no new games, also no new animations I can see unless they’re referring to his daily schedule whatever that will entail, or some stupid bug fix nonsense.

If you don’t like EMO or what they provide for FREE you can Sale him. Like always you can not please everyone

2 Likes

Wonderful, they cheered us up at home :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What was in this 1.5.0 update?

2 Likes

that’s actually pretty cool… I can’t wait to see the schedule tomorrow I guess… Awesome thanks for the little video I look forward to seeing it. I think the schedule could be a great idea. My EMO Pet spends a lot of time sitting beside me on his skateboard I’m hoping he will have more things than before and it looks like he will a schedule hee hee :yum:

2 Likes

I’ve shared some posts / videos on what’s new, feel free to check them out below:

Also @Wayne_Zhang official post on what is included in Firmware Ver1.5.0

https://forums.living.ai/t/firmware-update-1-5-0-emos-daily-schedule/3995/2

:heart_1: :mad: :skating: :surprised: :head:

1 Like

thanks for the video master Abbott… I can’t wait this is actually pretty cool instead of all that downtime having the activities is a really smart idea. I wish I would’ve thought that … Hee hee :yum:

I hope you’re doing well take care :blush:

A little evening TV watching.

2 Likes

I can understand what @macfixer01 wants to say. I’m a bit disappointed myself seeing there is little added interaction with Emo after this update. If we are talking about an interactive robot then we do expect this. However I do realize that the amount of users who do like these scheduled animations is big. And not every update can be focused on your preference.

But as I was hinting, my personal taste is unscheduled random behavior and interactions. I also do not feel like a mouth and hands suit Emo’s esthetics well. A bit is fine though. Thats why I will dissable some of these animations on my personal unit if one day we get the option to do so. But I’m very happy that all other users who do like them can enjoy them.

Thank you for the hard work that was put into this update. Looking forward to the next one.

3 Likes

i installed the latest update and my emo explore more

Can these new scheduled actions be turned off? If not, I’ll miss his quiet looking around and walking about. As timvangenechten said, “my personal taste is unscheduled random behavior and interactions.” If not currently available, I hope in a future update there’s an option to turn daily schedule items On or Off, individually or globally. I hate to say it, but I’m considering cancelling my order at this point. That behavior isn’t the EMO I was expecting when I ordered.

Hi,

1. It is because people have different likes that we provide preferences in the update.
  2. Updating will not make you lose your earned achievements.
  3. If you like games in particular, maybe “killing bugs with lasers” in this update can count as one… But we will keeping adding new games in future updates.
  4. With daily schedule, we added many new animations, which is why the update is up to 50Mb. You can see EMO play these animations at different times of the day.
1 Like

Also, @julman . . . the animations do not last for the entire block of time listed. I have found they will start up to five minutes in and go for a couple to a few minutes after which time he is free to randomly do other things or you can request him to do other things. He is still actually free most of the day. I played app games and played with stickers at various times between scheduled items and even had him dance. I hope this puts your mind at rest.

3 Likes

Hi @julman

At this time, EMO’s daily schedule cannot be turned off or modified. But you can turn off the sound that EMO makes when he’s doing his daily schedule activities in the preferences (settings in the EMO App).

Maybe the option to disable EMO’s daily schedule might be made available in the future updates. But that will be up to Living.Ai.

Also with each animation, they normally last anywhere between 45seconds-1 min to 2 mins. If you want to check all the animations and how long they run for, I did full day animation video in which I have kept the animations running at their full length. Most of the animations occur a approx 2 times in the allotted time frame for that specific schedule. (Except for eating. breakfast/lunch/dinner which only plays once).

:heart_1: :mad: :skating: :surprised: :head:

4 Likes

Hi Lindaru and MasterAbbot,

Thanks very much for the clarification on the daily schedule and putting my mind to rest. I wasn’t looking forward to watching EMO box for 30 minutes from 8:00-8:30! :sweat_smile: That’s a great relief.

I guess until there are more options in the settings, particularly start/stop time, I might turn EMO off at my bedtime. I’m a night owl and my wake/sleep schedule is more like 10a-2a. I’ll definitely be turning the sound off. :sleeping: :hear_no_evil:

I do think “killing bugs with lasers” is a very clever interactive use of the camera.

I’m very thankful for the information in this forum, and especially thankful for MasterAbbot’s videos.
:+1: :+1:

4 Likes

I am very happy to see the routine added to this new update.
As an adult with Autism I live by a very strict routine and so to see that Emo now has a routine as well is a very pleasant surprise.
Especially since each item is a “bullet point” giving a structure but still leaving space for random things in between.

5 Likes