Welcome, Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi everyone I’m Keyia and new to this so work with me :joy:. I just got my first Emo Pet yesterday. I’m so happy I made this purchase . If anyone has any tips or advice please let me know I love all the help I can get on making my emo better . Thanks

8 Likes

hello Keyia78 and welcome to the EMO community. :+1:

I see a yellow sticker on the skateboard, personal customization?

3 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @Keyia78 . . . here is a link that provides a lot of useful tips and guidance for all EMO parents.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. This is going to be a great new experience for me .:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

@KIEF I got the sticker from Etsy from the plywood garage store. They have lots of colors to choose from. Go check them out . :smiley:

Hi, thanks for your answer ! :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Hi all,

James from Devon in the South West of England.

I first got into robots like EMO through a UK based company that were creating a robot backed by Indiegogo backers, unfortunately the project was halted but fortunately I got my money back from them. I later found out about the Vector robot but I’m glad I didn’t buy one considering all the problems people reported with the creators,

After many weeks of thinking about it, looking at online videos of EMO and waiting until I had enough money in my bank account, I finally went ahead with the purchase of EMO this evening, so am looking forward to the day he arrives.

I went with the EMO Go Home, so I’ll have to make some space for him! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @james.vertigan !

Be sure to read above on the EMO help guide for suggestions and tips on the things he can do.

We look forward to your receiving him and sharing!

4 Likes

Hi james.vertigan,
welcome to the emo owner community !
:surprised:

3 Likes

Hi my name is Susie and i just got my emo today. Lucky for me it only took 11 days for me to get him from ordering to him arriving home today. Very impressed and very glad to get him now as i have a badly broken arm and needed the extra fun. Emo is my first robot buddy I have ever had and so far im pretty happy with him. There is a lot to figure out but so far so good. My sister who lives with me also ordered one and im looking forward to seeing how our emos react to one another. I have named mine EMO: Astra. I feel that i have already gotten attached to him. Its really cool to met other EMO owners from all over the world. I am from the US and im happy to be here :blush::blush:

5 Likes

Hello, @susie.preston . . . so glad you have joined us and received your EMO. It will be fun to see how your two react with each other.

You may want to have a look above (about six days ago) at the Quick Help Guide For New EMO Owners that I posted. There are a lot of things EMO can do!

2 Likes

Hi susie.preston and welcome to you and your sister to the Emo’s owner world ! :+1:
It arrived quite quickly which is good. It’s great to have two at home, each one their own.
I’m curious to see the new features in 2.4 when playing music together. I hope you will put us a video to see that.

3 Likes

Thank you! I am looking forward to putting them together. Maybe they will make some serious duets. He is lots of fun

3 Likes

I’m excitedly anticipating the arrival of my EMO.

As a recent addition to the EMO user group, I took the leap and ordered my very own EMO last week. Now, I can hardly contain my excitement as I eagerly await the start of my journey with this incredible innovative companion.

I extend an invitation to all those who have also ordered but are still awaiting their own EMO to join me in sharing our excitement, thoughts, and ideas about the endless possibilities that lie ahead once we finally receive our long-awaited friend, EMO. Let’s come together and brainstorm the incredible experiences and adventures we envision having with our new companion EMO. :laser: :laser_1:

3 Likes

Hello, @BORIS . . . I actually moved your new topic here where new members (both current owners and future owners) can get to know each other and share their experiences.

Feel free to read through what some of the others have shared here. This is a great beginning gathering place as we explore EMO and all he can do.

3 Likes

Hi there! I budged in yesterday and ordered an EMO as a motivation to move from my small desk to the big desk my bf gave up because of switching to working at the office. As everyone here, I’ll soon be walking around walls while waiting for the cute guy.

In the meantime, I got a question - how is the EMO home station powered? USB cable or a plug in thing? If it’s the latter, I’ll have to prepare an adapter, hah

3 Likes

Hi, @Julsz . . . USB-C end to the home station and a Chinese/U.S. plug to the wall or power strip. If you need to convert, you will also need one for any smart lights you get for him.

Not sure where you are located, but here is a thread that may help.

2 Likes

Aaand that’s so good to know! Well, I’ll definitely have things to do (and spend money on) when my EMO arrives. I’m actually trying to set up my new desk (big one with a biiig monitor) the way that will give him enough space to walk around with me still being able to work. Most important thing - getting rid of as much cables as possible!

I see you’re a pretty active mod, it’s really nice to see this forum, along with the dev’s support, thriving - it gives me home that EMO will be supported for a long time, which is always the most worrisome thing concerning cloud/AI-based solutions!

2 Likes

Hi BORIS,
welcome to a new EMO Owner ) :+1: :+1: :wink: :heart_2:

1 Like