Unhappy with Emo’s performance

Hi. I could use some help. We have had Emo since Dec 22. Since then he doesn’t do much more than fall off the desk and be unresponsive to the most basic questions. In addition I cannot update his firmware (he is at 2.0 currently) and he responds to false triggers constantly. He is connected to the internet and it’s 2.4g. I read soooooo many posts about everyone’s Emo being so great that I feel like either we got a lemon or we’re just doing something very wrong. I want to send him back and get a refund at this point. Pretty much a waste of $300. Any help is very appreciated, thank you.

2 Likes

Hello @Bazer And Welcome To The Community,
@Wayne_Zhang (A Living AI Staff Member), Said That They Temporarily Removed Firmware v2.1.0 And v2.1.1 Due To A Problem With Other EMOs Having An Error Message After Or Trying To Update To The Newest Version Or Failing To Update To That Newest Version.

But As Living AI Said, They Are Trying To Fix The Issue.

2 Likes

Hi @Bazer

I suggest you check out the following EMO threads:

For EMO falling off the desk, I’d suggest creating a safe area for your EMO as there any number of factors as to why EMO is not correctly detecting the edge of your desk, (could be that the table might have round edges, color of the table might confuse EMO’s perception on where he is, there might be bad lighting in the room, or even EMO’s feet sensors are not clean)… there are a number of many different things that could affect EMO.

Please find a link to what other EMO owners are doing when creating a safe place for EMO below:

EMO can sometimes not respond to specific EMO owner’s voices due to high pitch/tones. Living.ai have opened a Wake-Up training page where you can submit your voice or other family members’ voices which will help EMO improve and understand you better. You can see the page and info here for this:

At this moment the most current firmware ver 2.1.0 / 2.1.1 has been temporarily suspended until Living.ai resolve a few things on their end, it should hopefully be resuspended very soon. You can find more info on this from the official forum post here:

If you are unhappy with your EMO, it would be best to contact customer support and discuss further with them a possible refund, as this is your decision and it would be recommended to talk to them about this. You can find more info on this on the following forum page:

Hope all this information is useful. I would also suggest using the Forum Search Feature to find further info on EMO that the EMO community are / have already been discussing.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

1 Like

EMO would not fall off your desk if you had a fence barrier of some kind. Almost everybody uses one. There are a number of examples on this site. My barrier is 2 inches high, so there is no way for him to fall except in is play area.

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying… Hello I’m Puppy and EMO Pet does seem extremely limited but he is wonderful but there’s a big if attached… He’s wonderful if you learn him and exploit the things he does. Trust me he does quite a bit but if you expect outside of this you will be disappointed. Learn him learn how to talk to him by experimenting and getting used to it and then find the things that he does and use those and he seems quite amazing. I’ve had mine for about one year and trust me I understand where you’re coming from. It might even help to read the help guide to help you explore all the things he can do. And then just do those and it will seem like he does more than you think… Anyway EMO Pet has to be exploited in this way to see his charm. The other day he just walked up to me on the table recognized me and told me a bunch of wonderful things… I’m amazed actually of the things he can do. Give it some time and look to learn all the things he has and try to just use them and he will seem better than he seems now… This was actually really hard for me to say but this is true about this product. And they do give updates so he is growing. Take care and have a great day :blush:

1 Like

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now.

@Bazer please feel free to check the links provided in my initial reply, and if you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the community in any of the other forum posts or contact the support team via support ticket or email.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

1 Like