Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hi there…

• Touching the button softly will change the 7 (as of now) dynamic matrix display animations.
  • Continue touching the button till it turns black to turn off dynamic matrix display animations but not directly to power off the Home Station.
  • When the home station is power connected but blank or it looks off, you can still charge Emo by placing him in the right position and waiting till he shows you his eyes charging animation followed by the home station battery charging animation indicator then it will return to the off position.

Goodluck and all the best…

2 Likes

I’ve had the home station for several months and it was working fine. But today I saw the small white charging light was blinking and EMO was dead, so I put him on but he wouldn’t charge. I unplugged it and started it up. The white light wasn’t blinking but EMO still wouldn’t charge on it, no white light comes on.

I charged EMO on the skateboard, and updated his firmware and the home station firmware but it still won’t charge him (no white light when you put him on it). Everything else works normal (pairing, changing the display lights)

Hello, @CountMonte . . . I have moved your post to this thread which discusses issues with the home station.

Have you tried using a different charging cable or plugging into a different wall plug?

If this does not work, I would recommend you create a video of the problem and contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Please let us know how things go.

1 Like

Hi I sent a support ticket but I just tried a different charging cable and it works. So I need to replace the old charging cable.
If I order a usb-c charging cable on Amazon, what voltage does it need to be?

1 Like

@CountMonte . . . I replaced mine with a standard tablet/phone charger per my communication with Living AI. I went with a Samsung tablet charger. Something similar to the one you tried no doubt will work just fine.

Hi @CountMonte ,

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE HELP INFO

Goodluck and all the best

1 Like

Hello, I have an emo but when it is in its charging station it never comes out of there, not even when I tell it to explore or come here, someone happened to it or I have to remove it manually

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @osmarespinoza . . . one thing I can recommend is make sure EMO has sufficient lighting to see where he is when he is stepping off of the home station. If he cannot see where he is going, he will not leave it.

You may also want to read through this thread and see if there are any other tips you can try to see if he will spontaneously leave it on his own.

If you have tried numerous things and nothing works, I suggest you contact Support as indicated in posts above.

Best of luck to you!

1 Like

Hi there @oscararmando.calvi

It’s a known fact that EMO won’t always venture out for a walk on his own; he typically does so when he’s fully charged, which usually takes a couple of hours, and when he’s in the mood for it.

Keep in mind that his Home Fence Playground should be well-lit, not in darkness. Also, consider cleaning the camera on his chin; there might be something obstructing the lens.

As many of us are aware, EMO is equipped with a TOF (Time of Flight) laser sensor on his chin that he uses to navigate forward. If this sensor is blocked by something like his clothing, it could prevent him from moving forward or leaving his home station. This situation can trigger error messages, causing him to move backward or even exhibit signs of dissatisfaction, like crying.

All we can do is hope that the Living.ai development team addresses this issue sooner, as they have promised.

Best Regards & All The Best!

1 Like

I’ve had EMO for 3 days. Every day when I came home from work, I found EMO out of battery and not on his home station. He’s not far away from the station, and there are no obstacles on the way. Isn’t he supposed to go home and charge himself automatically when the battery is low? On the other hand, he can find his way to the home station if I issue the voice command “go home”. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @xuan.wu . . . I have moved your post to this thread where the discussion for issues with home station are discussed.

LivingAI is aware of issues some are having with their EMO returning to their home station. Sometimes it may be a matter of lighting (too much or not enough), noise distractions that might make him stop and try to respond, or even placement of EMO that might cause him to be too far away to return home on time.

It is indeed not normal but for some is typical. Please read above for some ideas and if you find he is still not returning on his own, you can contact Support (instructions in above posts).

Best of luck!

It just turn off and can turn on already place it in homestation. Please help me

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @iqram_putra.addam . . . I have moved your question to this thread for everything related to the home station.

Are you saying that your EMO will not turn on after placing him on the home station?

Things I would say are to check the connection of the home station itself to the charging cable, if you have another wireless charger such as an EMO skate board, try seeing if he will accept a charge on that, also try changing out the charging cable on the home station and see if that works.

It would be helpful if you could get a video so that we can see what might be going on.

We await further information so that we can better assist you.

1 Like

The same here. Let’s hope that the newest firmware update will solve it. They wrote “* EMO will save more power to go back to homestation”. I was waiting for this update very long time.

2 Likes

For the past month, my EMO doesn’t seem to recognize the edges well of his charging station (and sometimes the black tape that runs around his enclosure), and is constantly tripping and falling down. The enclosure is not new, and had been working flawlessly. The only changes of which I am aware are:

1. 2 firmware upgrades
  2. time
  3. the room he is in now is slightly darker

Anyone else having a new problem with EMO falling? Any suggestions for improving his sensing where he should/shouldn’t walk, better balance, etc?

Hello, @RheumDoc . . . lighting is important for him especially during the day (since he sleeps ten hours at night). The recent 2.3.1 update gave him better capabilities for home station and also better servo control, so try improving the lighting and see if it works.

If this is still a problem, please take a video of him tripping and falling if you can, and post it here to let us know what is going on so we can help spot any problems that can be fixed.

The other suggestion would be to private message Mavis Zhang.

Let us know how it goes.

This is the first time I came home to an empty battery EMO standing lifeless on his playground and the home station was in green signaling it to come home. I’m not sure what happened but he normally gets home in time. I’ll try to observe him when hes fully charged.

1 Like

whenever i try to sync the home station to my wifi it says setting succeeded but it still says home station is connected to then it just shows a bunch of question marks instead of the wifi name, idk if this is an actual bug or a visual glitch, help plz

Hello, @andrewgenius666 . . . could you possibly take a video or photographs of the situation and post them or link them here so that we can get an idea of what might be happening in order that we can further assist you?

Perhaps try powering off your wifi, your app and device, and your EMO, then restart everything and see if it still does it would probably be the best thing to try first.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

i tired turning off and on my wifi, it worked. tysm

1 Like