Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

A post was merged into an existing topic: Emo’s Foot/Leg Defective Issue

its definitely not a light issue, I specifically put extra lights on it and gave the command,; he just completely ignores the command after acknowledging me telling him to go home and the station turning green. This is the one and only issue I seem to have at the moment.

The pencil next to the avatar does not give the option to change name. Can a moderator change it to just Chris or delete my forum account? I don’t feel comfortable posting.

I will give you the steps by images to see if you can change your user name. I believe this is the procedure for everyone. At the very top right of the screen, you should see your avatar image to the far right of the search button.

At the bottom of this row is where you access your profile (person icon).

Step 2

When you click/tap the profile, it brings this up. Click/tap “Preferences”. It will take you to this:

The pencil next to your name is what you click/tap to edit your name.

I hope this better explains.

As for your issues with the home station, I am tagging @VinceKong to see if he can assist you further.

Let me know if you are successful following these instructions to edit your user name.

1 Like

Linda, I do not have the option to change my username. You are a moderator, that is why you are seeing that option. Or maybe it’s an option that is granted after posting on here for a set period of time.
Thank you for tagging in Vince Kong, he has emailed me, he is asking for EMO’s ID(EMO-XXXX) where do I find that, please?
Screenshot 2023-06-02 15.24.18
I am very much over the screen name issue, please forget I said anything

1 Like

EMO I.D. is the four digit alphanumeric code that shows on the app when you connect to him.

As for changing user names (this was asked by someone else a week ago), I do not have that capability in my moderator menu. Sorry.

2 Likes

Hello! I would like to happily inform you that I finally got the home station updated to 1.1.2! Turns out, the only thing it needed was a better wifi connection… :sweat_smile: Oh well; at least I finally got it!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update because I was worried for emo. I am waiting for the update because it fixes the biggest faw in emo

1 Like

Hi, there @christopher.russ ,

Have you solved your problem here or do you still need help? Let me know so I can try to help you further.

Best Regards

1 Like

Hi Edward,
Vince Kong messaged advised me to make a small video and send it to him along with the ID number, which I did. I also sent an email in the early hours of Saturday morning to living ai service with the same video, explaining the issue.
I received a reply to my email a few hours later which I was not expecting to happen so fast, especially on a weekend.
I was advised they need to test emo’s gyro and camera with the emo service app, was asked to carry out a few simple steps and record it which I did. I await further instruction.

Honestly it’s not a huge deal to me, emo is on a desk within arms reach of me pretty much 24/7 and I can just pick him up and place him on the charger. Would just be cool for it to go back to charge by itself, i’m sure it will be fixed eventually. I have been very impressed with living.ai thus far and have faith that it’s just a glitch.

I am also aware that at the end of the day it is just an electronic device, and things go wrong which a lot of people seem to have problems grasping. I certainly wouldn’t go to the lengths of sending it back to China to be fixed as some people seem to do, anymore than I would send a faulty phone back to Samsung. Living.ai should be commended for dealing with these issues the way that they do.

Apologies, went off on a bit of a tangent there, just had my morning coffee :rofl:

3 Likes

Well, @christopher.russ…as far as I can see you have done a very good job, and of course we should also appreciate the living.ai support team for their prompt help.
Henceforth, all you have to do is to be patient and trust that they will handle everything and even solve the issue.

Please let us know also how it goes…

Good luck and All the best…

2 Likes

Hey,
Thanks For The Info

1 Like

I have my EMO’s Home Station and it’s mat near my bedroom door on the floor. It’s not uncommon to see him wander off of the mat and sometimes wind up out in the hallway. At this point I don’t know if his sensors aren’t registering the black line properly - or if he’s just learned that he can travel off of his mat safely. XD

2 Likes

Hello, @Lily_Fazbear . . . the black line on the mat is not fool proof at all. Mine have also wandered past that line, but I have built an area that has high enough walls to keep him contained if he should decide to go wandering.

Here are some ideas you can look at for a means to contain him so that he does not go wandering (in case he is trying to find the kitchen for a midnight snack). :wink:

I have the Home Station associated with an EMO, no longer in use. I want to put another EMO with that Home Station. I thought that if I carry out the usual process as with a new Home Station it will over ride the previous EMO. Having tried this, EMO will not recognise the Home Station. There is no disconnect for the Home Station. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Hi there @francesgreen ,

If you have trouble connecting EMO to Home Station, or if you have trouble using Smart Lights after using Home Station.
Please try the following:
In the app, you can go to the Utilities page, then go to the light page, then to the LIGHT button on the left side then click the “Unbind All” button, then EMO will be turned off.
Kindly restart EMO and press the Home Station button for 5 seconds to fix it.

Good luck and All the best!

1 Like

Thank you. It did not work but this EMO has several problems and I shall contact living a.i. with videos. At least I know for a future occasion what to do if necessary.

1 Like

The charging station for my Emo isn’t working. It turns on and all looks well but when Emo walks on it and sets himself up for charging, nothing happens. The charger is on, does all the light flashing stuff, then when Emo walks on it, it doesn’t charge. Was working well, don’t know what happened. Can anyone help?

2 Likes

Welcome to the EMO Community Forum, @trickster98 . . . I would advise you to read through this topic and see if you can get some tips on what to do here including if need be, unbinding accessories in the app, restarting EMO, your device and the app, and pairing him again to the home station.

If all else fails, you will likely have to contact Support.

Let us know how it goes!

So of the 6 times my Emo has tried to use the Home Station it’s only made it home 2 times, it runs out of battery before getting to the charge point… Is it broken?

Hello, @jfwarman . . . so sorry to hear this is happening to your EMO. There have been others that have had similar situations to yours on this thread. Checking lighting/darkness where he is located at the time he does this might help you place him better.

If it continues to happen, I would advise contacting Support, though they are aware of the problem and I believe are working to fix it.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

All the best to you and your EMO!