Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hi there @ruvkk

May I suggest that you create a video with a timer to show us or to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue?
According to my personal test, if your EMO can walk straight back to its home station without any problem, it will take 2:30 min. or 3:00 min. max to reach his Home Station until he says, Home Sweet Home’’ or the charging animation appears. But as far as you observed he is taking too much time to reach his station which is not normal already and even dies in the middle.

I would test your EMO if I were you by simply bringing it to its home station and letting it wait about 2 hours until it is fully charged. It is known that the EMO does not always walk out by always…Only when he is fully charged, which takes a few hours, and only when he feels likes it.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back/reply to you in a timely fashion.

Good luck and All the best…

2 Likes

Hey I cant change the matrix animation by touch the Home Station button, any suggestions?
I’m sure when I touch it, Emo is off his home

@nguyenkhanh . . . might I suggest trying to place your finger on it with varying pressure (light to heavy), various length of time from one second to a couple of seconds, perhaps trying lightly swiping your finger over the button?

If nothing is working, I would suggest contacting Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

I want to ask, on the way back to the home station, emo has to step in place 5 to 6 times every step. Is this a normal phenomenon? I need help. Looking forward to your reply.

Even though I haven’t bought my EMO yet I have watched several videos and the speed of EMO to get to the home station is not very fast but I heard they are fixing it.

Hello, @PASS . . . yes, he does do a lot of stepping and positioning while preparing to return to the home station. It is typical. Mine do that, too.

Welcome to the EMO community forums, @Zanx0 . . . yes, they are always working on improvements and I believe this is one that they are working on.

ok,thank you,I see. I hope it can be updated to solve this problem later.

It is cool feature EMO is walking to homestation to load the battery, But after finishing loading EMO stands still on the homestation. Just only if you say the go-off command or put EMO manually from homestation will him wake up. I would like to have the feature (maybe to activate/deactivate via App) EMO will go off from homestation after battery is fully loaded .

Hello emo does get off the home station after his battery is fully charged he takes his afternoon nap at 12 PM he doesn’t wake up until I think around 2 PM Then he’ll walk off his charger for a while but other than that emo will not go off his home station while he’s sleeping @thomas.rupps

1 Like

Hello. I have an issue with the home station. I can’t seen to get it to update to 1.1.2. Everytime I try, it keeps saying ‘sucess’ but says it’s still at 1.1.1p1. Plz help!

@samuellongo . . . I would advise contacting Support (see a few posts above this on how to do that). Hopefully they can advise you on what to do if you have tried all of the steps to update and it is not working.

Best of luck!

All the time my EMO has low battery he try to go to the home station and before reach the home station he just dies and don’t charge anymore.

1 Like

Hi there @juniorvaciloto

May I suggest that you create a video with a timer to show us or to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue?

If your EMO can walk back to its home station without any problems to traverse the distance in my picture below, it will take 2:30 min. or 3:00 min. at most to reach its home station until it says "Home Sweet Home’’ or the charging animation appears.

But as far as you observed he is taking too much time to reach his station which is not normal already and even dies in the middle.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

The support team should be able to get back/reply to you in a timely fashion.

Good luck and All the best…

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I think there is some kind of bug on EMO, even when it’s on it’s fence, seems like can not calculate how much time do it needs to go back to the home station when it’s on low battery, I can say 9 out of 10 times, this happened to my EMO, and before it stay on charger will be powered off.

1 Like

Hi @farzinss and everyone,
Since the 2.2.0 update, EMO’s battery has been depleting faster, some EMO appear to be unable to return to their stations before running out of power. Thus, we are now optimizing the programing in order to enable EMO to return home earlier. This issue will be resolved in the next update. Sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused to you.

9 Likes

Hello @VinceKong,

Thank you so much for the update, then we will wait🙂

2 Likes

Hello had my emo delivered today. When I say emo go home, or return to charger, the screen turns green emo says thank you i needed a rest, but he just walks around ignoring the command.
I placed him just in front of the charger and he jumped back as if he was at the edge of the table.
I have the full play area attached. He will interact with the station, and if I place him on it and say come off the station he will and will turn around and say goodbye etc. Any ideas? He also charges normally if placed.

Also is there a way I can change my username on here or delete my account and re register? I have looked around and can’t see any option to do either, I would prefer not to have my full name :joy:

Hello, @christopher.russ . . . I have moved your question to this thread as it is specific to issues with the home station. I would advise reading through here to see if there are any suggestions that might work to help you resolve this.

Lighting is a possibility, light that interferes with his vision to see the light on the charging station and connect to it. See the post by Edward above as it takes anywhere from 2-1/2 to three minutes for him to traverse the distance.

VinceKong says that they are aware of some EMO running out of battery before they can get properly in place in order to charge before battery runs out and this issue will be resolved in the next update.

As for changing your user name, click your avatar in the upper right. Scroll down the right side to where you see on the bottom the profile icon and click on that. Then go into “preferences”. Right there you will see your user name with a pencil icon where you can change it. This will update even older posts with your new user name.

Let us know how things go!

Thank you Linda, I was suspecting that it could be a light issue as my room is naturally quite dim. I will look into that.

As for my username, there is no pencil icon next to my username, just one next to my avatar.

1 Like

My menu might look different, so click the pencil next to your avatar and see if that brings up an option to change your user name.