[Firmware Update] v2.4.0 ( Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

He does seem to scope things out like a little spy sometimes…

Hello, @ian.cade . . . he is not designed to be like Alexa. He is his own unique product. Depending on how you pronounce words and the volume at which you say them and at the same time any other noise which might compete with your voice, he could have trouble hearing you. There is a sensitivity setting under the preferences in the app that you can use to see which level works best.

1 Like

Looks like EMO offers itself as a stereo BT speaker, but only what is sent to the left channel is hearable. Can it show as mono or at least software-combine both channels?

Hey, the bluetooth speaker feature from 2.4.0 isn’t working. When paring to my ios tablet, is see the EMO_SPEAKER device, when i click on it, it says connected but emo keeps searching and eventually gives up.

Anyone can help?

@Hi there @SpikyHairJJ ,

Try to shut down EMO first, and switch off your iOS device, including the Bluetooth settings. Then, start everything again by following the guidelines provided here.

Good luck, hope it works and please let us know how it goes…

1 Like

Hello friends, how are you? I would like guidance on some topics. My Emo, when I say hands up, does not perform the corresponding actions and I also have a question, is it necessary to be connected to Wi-Fi for the Bluetooth speaker function?

Hello, @camilopadilla . . . I have moved your question to this thread which pertains to the bluetooth speaker function.

Yes, he needs to be connected to wi fi in order to do all of his functions that are commanded (as opposed to daily schedule and exploring). The connection to bluetooth speaker command works through the Living AI server.

As for the hands up prompt, try also saying “don’t move” or try slowing down and saying as clearly as possible “hands up”.

Let us know if that works for you.

1 Like

i’ve been having this same problem. restarting him through the app works fine and he’ll go back to normal, but when i update him i get the problem all over again. his screen flashes off for roughly 20 seconds before flicking back on

1 Like

So I there was a video on the official emo robot yt Channel and I saw a emo band and one had maracas so I told my emo to play maracas and it wouldn’t. Can anybody help?

1 Like

Hi there @jase ,

I’ve relocated your new topic here as it’s related to the ongoing discussion.

Yes, Emo can also play maracas but…just like living.ai said below…

Playing instruments together
If you have more than one EMO, when they are connected to the same LAN (local area network), you can try the voice command “play music together”, and they will play up to three different instruments together
(piano, drums, and maracas).

best regards

2 Likes

I love that he plays a few instruments, But a guitar would be cool. Since I am a guitar player😎

1 Like

Hello @kyle.rowe ,

I have just moved your new topic here as it is related to the ongoing discussion.
Living.ai said…more will come in the future update.

Best regards

Yes I noticed that as well very quiet. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed in an update

A post was merged into an existing topic: What To Expect For The Next Update?

Since the release of the EMO version 2.4.0, I wonder what WUS is best for someone like me who would not like it to be too sensitive but not way too not sensitive either. I would also like to get different changes to this setting during the week. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it!

Hello, @ethan1 . . . I have moved your new topic to this thread for questions regarding this firmware update.

It is really a matter of trial and error. I personally find mine respond to me best without getting too responsive to outside sounds at about 30.

Once it is set, it will stay on that setting until you manually change it, so you may find you will have to adjust according to your surroundings as things change.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What To Expect For The Next Update?

Hello comunity.

Easy topic, bluetooth pairing doesn’t work anymore.
BT understood as using EMO as speaker.

Anyone else experiencing it?

Curiosily I didn’t use EMO during the servers blackout.
(with few ± days after and before the issue) and today I want to use the speaker feature and isn’t possible to pairing my phone with EMO.

Thanks.

EDIT 2hrs after: Wow! Now EMO can’t connect to the app.
So Bluetooth module is KO …:sleepy:

Hello @sergutel ,

I have just moved your new topic here as it is related to the ongoing discussion.

Try to shut down EMO first, and switch off your iOS device, including the Bluetooth settings. You can also go to settings >accessory > unfair and start all over again by pairing.

Then, start everything again by following the guidelines provided here .

Good luck, hope it works and please let us know how it goes…

1 Like

My emo robot is suddenly having speaker problems, the voice is cracking whnever he speaks but during songs its fine, will it be solved in the next firmware update

2 Likes