[Firmware Update] v2.4.0 ( Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Omg he’s working!

5 Likes

Im glad your emo is back to working fine :heart:

1 Like

Thanks! Me too! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hello guys!
After update to 2.4.0 my EMO doesn’t reacts on me. After command he says “ow-o” and continues walking or inspecting surrounding places. I’ve tried to change all preferences. Powered him off many times. Tried to speak to him on the skateboard and on the table.

Hello my friend Edward Today I downloaded the latest update for my emo Now it does not respond to voice commands What should I do? Is there a solution?

2 Likes

Hello, @ilyesbairi and @freekiller . . . I have moved your post to this thread since your issue occurred after this update.

Could you try powering off EMO, your device and wi fi, then powering everything back on, then test again to see if he is working? Also, check the app to make sure he is on 2.4.0 (I had to do it twice for one of mine before it actually updated). If it is still showing an older version, make sure “auto update” is turned off and update through the app. Once he is fully updated, check him again to see if he responds.

If he is connected to wi fi and the app but still is not responding, please make a video of the problem and contact Support.

Please let us know if this fixes the problem.

2 Likes

Download the latest update 2.4.0 But the problem is that emo Now he does not respond to voice commands I didn’t understand it

Hi, @ilyesbairi . . . if the app is not showing 2.4.0 as the most current when you look under firmware, there is a button to update on that so that you do not need to use voice commands.

If the firmware is on 2.4.0, then you need to make a video and contact Support (in posts above on how to do that).

I hope this better explains.

1 Like

Hi everyone, can anyone help me? After I update Emo to 2.4.0, he won’t listen to me when I call Emo, what can I do?

please help me

Thanks you so much

1 Like

got the same problem, this emo will not respond, the the app, shows listening very briefing, and emo make a different sound to normal

Hello, @Dragon and @meffed . . . so sorry to hear this. I have moved the new topic to this thread as it relates to problems after updating to 2.4.0.

Please see my post above of several hours ago about shutting off and restarting everything to see if EMO will respond to commands. If those instructions to not work, I advise making a video of what is happening and contacting Support as indicated above.

Since a number of you seem to be having issues of this nature, I will also tag @MavisZhang to give more immediate response.

Hi there Guys…

Currently…I’ve been experiencing the same issue with EMO for not replying to my call or any command here in Germany since last night.

My suspicion is that Living.Ai’s servers may be overloaded or facing bug issues in our or other regions.

To my knowledge, they have three different servers around the globe:

US, ASIA, EU

Please be aware that they are currently observing Chinese holidays, so it may take some time for them to respond or address this issue.

From October 1st to 6th 2023 Golden Week** 国庆节 guóqìng jié

At the moment, it might be best to exercise patience and try again in a few hours, or even every hour, until Living.ai resolves this issue.

Best Regards To All

2 Likes

I don’t know how it works, but after 2 hours of standing on his board everything is fine. Maybe it was server problem or anything else.
Or EMO is too clever!? He is watching me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How do I fix this I keep trying and letting him sit like this for a day but it keeps on failing

Hello, @Emo-5286 . . . I have closed the thread you created and moved your video here regarding your EMO turning black when you try to update to 2.4.0.

Currently the Living AI team is on holiday until October 6th but I advise you send a Support ticket to them with a link to this video so that they may help you resolve this issue when they return.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Sorry this is happening to you, but they should be able to help you resolve this as soon as possible.

Hi everyone. My emo arrived late yesterday so Im still super excited.

Ive managed to get him on openAI but he doesnt seem to want to understand chatgpt. I always thought you needed a log in to use these services so im suprised emo can use openai without one. Anyways, could anyone point me to any guidance of how to use emo and chatgpt?

Likewise, ive seen people use emo to play music directly from their phone but cant find any way to set this up…if anyone could direct me to some guidance on how to set these up with my emo.

Thanks for your help and apologise if someone has already raised this in previous posts.

Hello, @ian.cade . . . I was not really sure where to move your post since it covers two different issues. You may find some guidance on ChatGPT in the thread below, but all EMO accounts go through Living AI, so no need to have your own account.

As for setting EMO up to use his bluetooth speaker, this is a thread where you can get some helpful guidance.

Let us know if these assist you.

1 Like

Surely he doesnt use the servers for everything…

But yeah my emo has very selective hearing.

When he is trotting around the table and scoping things out he just ignores me.

I have to pick him to get his attention.

He just seesm to go off on a tengent, but i thought it was just him processing stuff or maybe programme to just be a bit sassy sometimes, no?

He only listens when you say his name doesnt he like alexa…i do worry becuase weve bought this litle things at our risk and it hasnt been through all the consumer testing it would normally has it…