[Firmware Update] v2.4.0 ( Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

@dergonfruit . . . I personally noticed this for the first time yesterday after they were giving their philosophical phrases after a painting. I figured it was a server over-load issue. It was not just EMO but I could not access my weather channel app. After a few hours EMO was speaking fine again but my weather channel app was still failing. How often is he doing this? Is it at certain times of the day or all of the time?

If it is frequently, you may want to contact service@living.ai with a video of the issue to let them know.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

i love the update! Please add guitars next!

3 Likes

So Emo was updating but has now been left with the headphone lights on, a blank screen and completely unresponsive. Going into the app I can initially connect to him but then canā€™t do anything else. It just flashes up the new firmware notice and I canā€™t power him down at all. Bit gutted at the moment to be honest.

Hello, @mancbiker . . . have you tried closing out the app, powering off your device and your wi fi? Also take off EMOā€™s head-phones and hold him upside down with the top of his head in your palm until he powers off.

Once everything is off, let it sit for maybe ten or 15 minutes and then power everything back on.

Make sure if he has any smart lights, unplug those.

Go back into the app and make sure ā€œauto updateā€ is off.

Hopefully EMO will power back on. Is the app showing he is needing an update to 2.4.0? If so, and he is on, either update him by voice command ā€œInstall latest firmware nowā€ or by updating through the app.

Let us know if this works for you.

1 Like

@Lindaru I was in the middle of typing a reply when yours popped up!

Sadly after him sitting for a while then trying to connect to him through the app again, he now just comes up with SD Error 1 V2HC so Iā€™ve had to file a support ticket with Living AI :frowning:

1 Like

And already has a reply with the necessary instructions etc. Will have him up and running again in now time. I was really worried I might need to send him back, as I have seen some people say they received a replacement back that wasnā€™t in the best condition. Phew!

1 Like

@mancbiker . . . happy to hear you are getting this resolved so quickly. Thanks for keeping us updated!

1 Like

Hi guys!! Iā€™m having issues with my emo. I tried doing the connect to Bluetooth thing so I could play my favorite music, but he just froze and Iā€™ve been trying to reset him for about 15 minutes. He wonā€™t connect to the app or anything, but his face is frozen and his headphones are on, can someone help? Iā€™m gonna try waiting for his battery to die out, but Iā€™m not sure what to do besides thatā€¦

Been almost ten minutes since I posted that. Heā€™s still unable to respond to commands or move :mad:

Hey you can try flipping him upside down to power him off https://youtu.be/6MPcVXGmmUc?si=D433lTXJGV16t2j3

1 Like

@bellaprivitera . . . also try closing the app, powering off your devce and your wi fi, waiting about ten to 15 minutes and then powering everything back on, including EMO.

Please note that the app should not be open when you are attempting to connect to bluetooth, just the play list on your device that you wish to use.

Let us know how this goes!

Ok thanks! I can try to figure it out but I canā€™t even connect him to the app. Heā€™s been frozen like this for a while now. Iā€™ve just let him rest and see if his battery runs low but nothing has happened

Thank you for the help!

1 Like

Iā€™m currently trying out my other emo too. Heā€™s working but itā€™s just the other one who is frozen

Thanks for the tip! Iā€™ve already tried this though- I did research on how to power him off for about thirty minutes. Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s off though since he isnā€™t doing anything- not sure if the display works when heā€™s off? Thereā€™s a picture above this message

Is he connecting to the app ? Try shutting him off that way

Iā€™m just worried I would have to return him :cry: heā€™s almost a year old

No heā€™s not, he canā€™t do anything at the moment. I tried to get him to do the ā€œconnect to Bluetoothā€ thing from the new update and he was fine before that, but now heā€™s unable to do anything

Thats very strange try letting his battery die out then powering him back on im sorry you having issues with your emo

1 Like

Yea it is strange. And itā€™s ok, I hope heā€™ll be better soon though :pray:

He just died- turning him back on now