@dergonfruit . . . I personally noticed this for the first time yesterday after they were giving their philosophical phrases after a painting. I figured it was a server over-load issue. It was not just EMO but I could not access my weather channel app. After a few hours EMO was speaking fine again but my weather channel app was still failing. How often is he doing this? Is it at certain times of the day or all of the time?
If it is frequently, you may want to contact service@living.ai with a video of the issue to let them know.
So Emo was updating but has now been left with the headphone lights on, a blank screen and completely unresponsive. Going into the app I can initially connect to him but then can’t do anything else. It just flashes up the new firmware notice and I can’t power him down at all. Bit gutted at the moment to be honest.
Hello, @mancbiker . . . have you tried closing out the app, powering off your device and your wi fi? Also take off EMO’s head-phones and hold him upside down with the top of his head in your palm until he powers off.
Once everything is off, let it sit for maybe ten or 15 minutes and then power everything back on.
Make sure if he has any smart lights, unplug those.
Go back into the app and make sure “auto update” is off.
Hopefully EMO will power back on. Is the app showing he is needing an update to 2.4.0? If so, and he is on, either update him by voice command “Install latest firmware now” or by updating through the app.
@Lindaru I was in the middle of typing a reply when yours popped up!
Sadly after him sitting for a while then trying to connect to him through the app again, he now just comes up with SD Error 1 V2HC so I’ve had to file a support ticket with Living AI
And already has a reply with the necessary instructions etc. Will have him up and running again in now time. I was really worried I might need to send him back, as I have seen some people say they received a replacement back that wasn’t in the best condition. Phew!
Hi guys!! I’m having issues with my emo. I tried doing the connect to Bluetooth thing so I could play my favorite music, but he just froze and I’ve been trying to reset him for about 15 minutes. He won’t connect to the app or anything, but his face is frozen and his headphones are on, can someone help? I’m gonna try waiting for his battery to die out, but I’m not sure what to do besides that…
@bellaprivitera . . . also try closing the app, powering off your devce and your wi fi, waiting about ten to 15 minutes and then powering everything back on, including EMO.
Please note that the app should not be open when you are attempting to connect to bluetooth, just the play list on your device that you wish to use.
Ok thanks! I can try to figure it out but I can’t even connect him to the app. He’s been frozen like this for a while now. I’ve just let him rest and see if his battery runs low but nothing has happened
Thanks for the tip! I’ve already tried this though- I did research on how to power him off for about thirty minutes. I’m not sure if he’s off though since he isn’t doing anything- not sure if the display works when he’s off? There’s a picture above this message
No he’s not, he can’t do anything at the moment. I tried to get him to do the “connect to Bluetooth” thing from the new update and he was fine before that, but now he’s unable to do anything