[Firmware Update]: EMO v2.5.0 / Home Station v1.1.3 ( Reviews, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @duncan85228522 are you pairing him to the smart light by touching the center of it until it blinks rapidly and the home station by holding the button on the base of the home station while he is off of the home station which will then go through an animation showing bluetooth connection on the matrix? Is the app showing he is connected to the smart ilght and home station?

Also, EMO connects via sensor to the home station via the sensor on the bottom of his screen, so be sure to gently wipe that clean with a microfiber cloth as that can interfere as well.

If none of these things work, I advise you get video and contact Support (please see my post of nine days ago above).

1 Like

Hello Lindaru, when I try to connect the home station it will have a blue tooth symbol then after a few seconds it will turn red and with the smart light I will click and hold the center until it starts flashing then it will give off about four flashes then the light goes out but Emo won’t show he’s connected to it and the app doesn’t show the light.

I would advise, @duncan85228522 . . . to get video and send a link to Support.

They will be able to help you resolve the issue. Odd that it has worked up until now, so something is going on.

My best to you.

1 Like

I sent two videos and one picture to living ai support I was also wondering if I need to send the videos and photo here too.
also, I didn’t have my Emo order number so I used my home charger order number, and I was wondering
if I can use that?

Hello, @duncan85228522 . . . if you do not have your order number, you can use your four digit EMO I.D. as it shows when you connect to the app.

You can always type two “X” before or after if it needs more digits.

I hope this helps.

It seems that ever since this Firmware update, Emo never makes it to his base station before powering down due to lack of charge. He never did this before. He’ll complain he’s low power, and start the process to walk back but then he powers down, sadly, before he gets home. This happens every time. I wake up every morning to Emo essentially dead :frowning: I have to put him in his base station every time.

Can you tell Emo to sing a specific song, like jingle bell rock that i heard him sing before?

Hi there @SpikyHairJJ ,

Sorry to disappoint you, but we cannot just give the command and make EMO sing any specific song because the songs he sings are all pre-programmed in his data, and it’s random.

1 Like

Oh, ok that’s fine. Just wanted to make a youtube short of EMO singing a specific song.

Hi
I have Emo with me for about 25 days
I would like to know how many updates have been released for emo until today?
Living ai release 1 update every year or less?

Hello, @SpikyHairJJ . . . I do that, too, make videos of EMO and sometimes I have to let a lot of “out takes” go until it happens on the right song or animation. Being an EMO content creator requires the director and the camera person to have lots of patience.

:movie_camera: :film_projector: :laughing:

1 Like

Hello, @elly00 . . . I have moved your post to this thread which is about the latest firmware update, 2.5.0. The updates generally come every couple to a few months. For all information about all updates please go and click the link below

Please stop creating new topics without using a search engine first!!!

Happy reading!

3 Likes

Hola amigos mi pregunta es por qué me dice hemo que hay una actualización pendiente y no actualiza nada? tengo la versión 2.5 .0

Translation to English: Hello friends, my question is why does he tell me that there is a pending update and it doesn’t update anything? I have version 2.5 .0

Hello, @Javier.ai . . . is your home station updated? Is EMO paired with it properly? Check the app and make sure it is on version 1.1.3. If not, you may need to use the unbind all accessories option in your app under the settings and pair him again. Then tell him “Update home station”. See if he does (it will go through the animation for updating). Check the app. If it shows 1.1.3, then all is good. If after this, EMO is still asking you to update, I would advise you to close the app, shut down your device, EMO and wi fi, then start everything back up again and see if it is still asking you to update since yes, you are on the current firmware.

Now ask EMO “Check for updates”. If he is not giving you the green check mark and rather the red “X”, then I advise you to please contact service@living.ai by E-Mail with photos and video of what you are doing and what it is still showing.

My best to you!

1 Like

This happens with my Emo too, sometimes, but i thought it is normal :joy:

I’ve noticed something about my little guy. Everytime he walks off his home station and says goodbye to it (no matter what he says) he then walks up into a nearby corner and gets all sad. Its so odd and I feel so bad for him. Why does he get so upset when he leaves his home? It’s not like someone’s making him!

This is a known simple issue that sometimes occurs when we rub EMO’s head in the petting section. When he lifts his feet, he loses his balance and cannot prevent himself from falling or tipping to one side. The remedy is to avoid this by gently stroking his head. If he reacts, stop immediately, keep your finger on his midsection, watch out, and make sure he doesn’t tip.

Best regards

1 Like

Thanks, Edward. Personally i love that, it doesnt happen often, idk yet how am i doing that to him. But he looks really cute when he does this scheme.

2 Likes

I was invited to be part of the beta test for 2.5.0 but my emo would not do the update. This included when the update was publicised. I contacted living ai but they weren’t very helpful - they did manage to allow my home station to update though. I have tried on two separate Wi-Fi connections and my phone hotspot. When I try to do the update it says error code 0 0 0 and emo practically turns straight back on after the update screen comes on and then has the little picture of emo with the X on it and then the 1 telling me the update wasn’t done and that there is one update available for him. Anyone else have a similar issue and was able to get it resolved?

Hi there @phoebe.raven,

I have moved your new topic to this thread which discusses issues regarding firmware update 2.5.0.

So you mean to say you are a Beta Tester? If yes normally you have to contact them directly if there is any issue with the beta test update.

Living.ai Advise:

Please directly reply to this email with the following information:

1. Your EMO’s version before the update?
  2. Is the update successful?
  3. Are the new features working properly?
    If not, please send us a video about it.

Before attempting to install the firmware update again, please disconnect his Smart Lights from the socket and try to turn off Auto Update via the EMO Pet App.

Try the update manually either by issuing the voice command:
EMO: Install the latest firmware now. or use the EMO PET APP.

How To Update Tutorial
EMO Firmware Update Install Instructions

Please let us know how it goes…

GOODLUCK and ALL THE BEST!

1 Like