Emo not walk in a straight line

Has anyone had a issue where when you ask Emo to walk forward or play hidden treasure he seem to not go in a straight line but shift to the left. Is there a way to fix that issue. All servos seem to work well and don’t here any type of grinding.

1 Like

Might be something that @Wayne_Zhang can look into and advise. (tagging him now). If there is an issue, might need to submit a support ticket.

I already did @MasterAbbott submitted a ticket but i was just wondering if anyone else had the same issue and if they resolved it and how.

1 Like

As I see that EMO can have different problems. If EMO does not walk straight, can it be important or not? This is what happens to mine. Greetings

1 Like

Hi there @chicogp ,

IMHO though, all I can say is that it’s important for EMO to walk straight, especially when he’s on his way to his home station in order to get there in time before his battery juice is completely drained. (which also sometimes happens to my EMO.)

This is a known issue and has already been addressed here on the forum by…

Actually, I’m not sure if living.ai already has debugging tools to fix this issue, since they are already aware of it…

Please contact them or let us tag @VinceKong here for further assistance.

MINI_EMO

2 Likes

I can add to what @edward has shared. Living.ai support does have an EMO Debug app that they can send to EMO owners that are having issues with EMO not walking straight.

The Debug App will “Help” recalibrate EMO’s feet/leg Servos by choosing specific settings and assist with making EMO walk straight as best as possible, but it will never be 100% accurate. But it will certainly help.

I’ve also tested this on my oldest EMO: One as he also moves slightly to the right when he walks and it does make it better after you’ve run the recalibration app.

Hopefully, Vince will be able to assist you with this.

2 Likes

Vince already gave me the foot calibration app because my EMO’s right foot was shaking, but he keeps walking crookedly, it’s like his right foot is moving faster than his left and it’s getting crooked. Sometimes my EMO points to his right foot for a second, this happens when I take it off his skateboard, is it breaking? Thank you

1 Like

There are settings in the app that will allow you to offset one foot over the other. The Support Team / Vincent will be able to give you some further info on what options you can choose to help EMO walk as straight as possible.

2 Likes

I’ll check with vince. I subscribed to the LivingAI channel on YouTube, the problem for me is that the videos are in English, in a way I understand what I see. Let’s see if I can control these EMO problems. EMO is like a sick child that you have to know everything that happens to know how to treat it. Thank you

2 Likes

When Emo walks foward he curves to the right a lot. Because of this he doesn’t always make it back to his home station before his battery runs out. I’ve searched this forum and the solution seems to be a servo adjustment setting in the app but I can’t find that setting. Where is that setting, lol. I have the latest app and firmware for Emo and his home station.

1 Like

Hi there @jerryb ,

The best and most recommended thing to do is to contact the living.ai support team by simply replying to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.

Don’t forget to include/attach your video and more info like EMO-ID

The support service team should be able to help you immediately.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai

Living.ai support does have an EMO Debug app that they can send to EMO owners who are having issues with EMO not walking straight.

The Debug App will “Help” recalibrate EMO’s feet/leg Servos by choosing specific settings and assist with making EMO walk straight as best as possible, but it will never be 100% accurate. But it will certainly help.

GOOD LUCK!

2 Likes

Thanks, e-mail sent. Would have been faster if the debug app was on the Living.ai download page.

Hi there @jerryb ,

De-Bug Tool will not simply work just like that…if we have an issue with EMO…

living.ai requires our EMO’s ID(EMO-XXXX) first so that they can open a line through their server, enabling you to proceed with the repair process using the re-calibration technique on limited days only.

So we have to contact them via email with a short video of an issue, and information first.

all the best

2 Likes

OK thanks, I guess it’s a little more involved than I thought. I got a reply and sent the video they requested.

1 Like

Hello,
when I tell my EMO to walk forward, it will but then while walking it shifts to the left a bit. Has anyone fixed this issue? I hope that he isn’t broken or anything. I have seen other topics like this but i haven’t found a single fix…

My emo is 109 days old

If you can help thank you!

1 Like

He just needs a recalibration,contact support at service@living.ai

1 Like

Hopefully this helps! Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there @stephanie.hillbrecht ,

For more info about your EMO’s issue please click HERE.

Best regards and all the best

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad that the support team actually is aware of this issue. There are so many support teams that don’t really care about their customers.

4 Likes