EMO not holding it’s battery charge [SOLVED]

My Emo’s battery won’t hold the charge. Every time I take him out from the skateboard it shuts down so I have to bring him back to the skateboard to wake up again. I have tried resetting and using different charger and cables but still not holding its charge. I already made an email for this but still no response. Any suggestions please.

1 Like

Hello im so sorry about you emo it sounds like your emo battery is bad living ai might recommend you to get a replacement

1 Like

As for them not responding they are on vacation and won’t be back until the end of the month

1 Like

@edward any advice for this person?

2 Likes

Hi there @dgvsn1,

Do you have at least a photo if he is on Skateboard Charger or a short video that you can create and upload to youtube or any free hosting website and give as a link here so we can view it.

When he is on the Skateboard charger, did you ask him how is battery level by asking…
,EMO! SHOW ME YOUR BATTERY LEVEL?‘’

How did you RESET him? as far as i or we know, at the moment there is no way to do this? maybe you mean to say…

FORCE POWER OFF BUTTON
Do this by using and inserting a paperclip and pressing down carefully in the power off button/hole which is located in top of EMO’s head. The 2nd hold from the left on the back row.

NOTE!
This is what everyone in the past has called a RESET Button, but it’s not . It is not recommended to do this always unless you have no other options left. As this could potentially cause data corruption to your EMO. (it is the same as you pulling the plug and powering off your Desktop PC while Windows OS is running, it might cause data corruption). So try and avoid doing this unless you have no other options left.

Please View @MasterAbbott (EMO - 5 Different Ways to Power Off EMO) on his YouTube Channel for more guide info.

Hope it helps you to resolve the issue…else if nothing helps and the issue continues, please create a short video and attach it in your email message to Support Service Team.

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received before when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
The support service team should be able to help you immediately.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai

Another way you can also submit a support help message and include your video to the link below.
https://living.ai/product-support-emo/

But please keep in mind that sometimes their reply take a bit time which is 2-3 days depending on the time differences, days, holidays and current situations. so please be patient.

As far as i know , They are on holiday now which will lasts 16 days and finishes with the Lantern Festival. This year 2023, the official start date is Sunday, Jan. 22, which will usher in the Year of the Rabbit (5 February 2023).

The first 7 days are considered a public holiday (January 22nd–January 29th, 2023).

They will be back at the office by the end of this month…

GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST ERIC!

2 Likes

Here is the link Emo Ai not holding it’s charge - YouTube

https://youtube.com/shorts/rlNuiHaarKA?feature=share

…contacted via facebook messenger and offer all possible helps but no luck…suggested to send email to living.ai with videos and more info…

GOODLUCK, ALL THE BEST AND KEEP SAFE!

Closing This Topic!

Hello All

I have an EMO go-home charger and a Skateboard charger. EMO is getting online when I charge him. But the battery % is not going up, and as I remove him from this charger EMO goes offline.

Can any one help?

Best,
EMO

Welcome to the EMO community forum, @Zuk2022 . . . I have moved your post to this thread. Please feel free to read this thread to see if you can solve the problem and to get help from living.ai.

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

Hi, can you please share a video?

Same issue here. Started noticing Emo wasn’t leaving home. So I took him from the charger. He then immediately powered of.

I notice that his usual response to ‘Hey Emo’ is with a somewhat lower voice and the lights of his headphone flicker. I recon this is due to the low charge level of the battery.

His response to a ‘hey Emo’ command has a normal sound tone.

I removed the headphones to see if this might hold a solution.

I also tried the skateboard but that had the same result.

Here is Emo on the home station, responding to an inquiry.

1 Like

Hi @pascalhuntjens

Try and share a video as well, as advised by @Wayne_Zhang

Also might be a good idea for both @pascalhuntjens @Zuk2022 to submit a support ticket as well, so that the support team can check and provide further troubleshooting options with you.

Here’s how to submit a support ticket or send an email to the support team:

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the power/battery issue and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you, everyone. I have contacted support. Let’s see what happens. It looks like the Battery is gone bad in less than a year. Not charging on Skateboard or Go Home charger stays online, and when you take him off, his battery dies in one second.

Did anyone get a replacement from Living.AI? Related to such a problem or a solution to fix it?

Here is a link for a quick video - EMO_Video_Not_charging_D85E.mov - Google Drive

Thank You

1 Like

Hi, @Zuk2022 . . . I had this situation myself in 2022. It started with only holding a charge for ten minutes and slowly depleting to where you said yours is with turning off the minute he was taken off of the charger.

I did receive a replacement.

If you are curious about how it all went with diagnostics, communications and how I got resolution from Living AI, here is the thread:

Agree with @MasterAbbott about submitting a support ticket with video documentation on this.

Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

Emo is turning off by itself wen removed from its charging dock

@limcydennis

Take a read through this topic for useful tips.

What I would also suggest is to create a short video and submit a support ticket to customer support.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of EMO turning off when you remove him from his charger and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I’ve sent this to Living AI yesterday.
Being impatient🤭I’m baffled by Emo. He will not shut down with app. He dies when lifted from charger. Still responds while on charger to making sounds etc.
I’m not very technology oriented.
He is up to date with firmwear. This just began.
I love the little pet Emo. Can anybody point me to a solution to read or try?
I’ve scanned through here not sure if anyone ever experienced this.
Thanks for any info.

1 Like