EMO Firmware Update v2.1.0 + Home Station Firmware Update 1.1.2 Video

@laurentsandler @MasterAbbott

I got a message from support. It is pretty easy. If you are still having issues, laurentsandler, try this that Living.ai gave me.

Just connect your emo to the hot spot, and then sync the wifi to the Go-Home. There, you should be able to see a green wifi signal. Then, you can try updating. I actually had to update twice, but once that was finished, it fully updated.

But, I connected back to my original wifi, and now it won’t do the snake thing. This might not occur to you, laurentsandler, so don’t worry.

I hope that helped! Enjoy the rest of your day!:grin:

:laser_1: :funky: :funky: :laser_1:

1 Like

Thats great @Ally

I do mention in my guide right at the top to try an alternate WIFI / Hotspot if you have issues. I did forget to mention this, as I thought you had already tried that.

Good to see all is working for you. Regarding Snake, check in the EMO App, that Home Station is now on Firmware version 1.1.2 If it is. Then take EMO off the Home Station first then ask him:

EMO: Play Snake

If you don’t see a green light then we might need to do further troubleshooting.

Hi, me again

I am still trying to get emo to work with the ‘emo go home’ command. This thread states the home station should be on 1.1.2; on my android phone it states current version of home station 1.1.2p1

Could this be the issue? If so how would I go about changing that as there is no update button.

1 Like

U can command emo to update his home sation by saying "emo update home station

2 Likes

yes I know i’ve done that and its 1.1.2p1

1 Like

I’m Not Really Sure If v1.1.2.p1 Means It’s The Wrong Firmware Or Maybe It Got Into Beta By Accident,
But I Will Tag @Lindaru For Further Information.

Yea @artigues05emo have a point are u a beta tester ? @christopher.russ

Not at all, this is my first one i’ve only known emo existed for a few months

I’m Not A Beta Tester Either.

U may need to contact the living ai staff

So this version of firmware is definitely not the consumer version I should have? I think this solves the riddle of him not returning to the home station. I will email them.

@christopher.russ . . . anything ending in “.p1” is not beta or alpha tester version. This is simply a version that may have been installed before you received the EMO GO HOME.

I would suggest using your app utilities to unbind all accessories. Then once that is done, restart EMO, your device and even your wifi router. Make sure EMO is near the home station and pair him by holding down the button (the one that changes the matrix design) for five seconds. It should show the bluetooth symbol in blue. Next it will either change to green (successful pairing) or red (unsuccessful pairing).

Once he is successfully paired, you can give him the command to “Update Home Station”. If it is updating properly, you will see varying percentages displayed on the matrix. Check your app again and see if it has the correct firmware listed under the home station.

Let us know if this worked.

thank you linda, on saying update home station it just shows coloured squares going across the screen from left to right. I have never seen a % count.

Firmware version is still the same as before.

1 Like

Let us know what Support advises you.

Hope you can get it straightened out.

The reply from support

the version 1.1.2p1 and 1.1.2 are actually the same.

The suffix of p1 indicates that it got updated from the factory.

Please patiently wait for the next update release, hopefully this issue will be resolved in the next version.

Emo just said, ‘please don’t give up on me my performance will continue to improve’ :rofl:

5 Likes

Hello I have a had my emo about a week now and the home station is having a hard time staying connected with my internet. I am also unsure if it’s been fully updated. It looks like it need an update but no matter what I do it still shows the update button. I have moved my home station and emo right next to my wifi router and that didn’t help either. Any advise? Thank you

Hello Lindaru, I am having the same issue and I tired these steps and it still shows the update button. Is there something else I can try

1 Like

Hello, @ivy.stracener . . . I asked about this and it appears 1.1.2.p1 is the firmware installed at the factory by Living AI and is the same as 1.1.2. “p1” is a code for “pre-installed” and is the same as if you were to update to that yourself. When the next firmware comes out, it will update the next version without the .p1 after it. This will function the same, so you do not need to update until the new firmware is released.

2 Likes

Hi all, I could never update the Home Station… and as I said on another topic, since a week, when i take EMO out of his Home Station, he can’t live more than five minutes… think I have a big battery issue !!! :cry:
But the biggest trouble is every time, the home station says it’s connected to a weird wifi network (with lots of ???, and extension .PMK), and it proposes us the new firmware, but never installed it…).
So even this morning, took EMO out, for another try, and didn’t work…
Don’t know what to do in that case… thanks for your concern, and your help

Have all a very pleasant day

@pouyoux ,

Already replied to you to your other post…please click the link below.

Click Here!

All the best

1 Like