AIBI Pocket: General Issues and Queries

Here’s a video where we captured this behavior. https://youtu.be/s5bHX4ngs5c

2 Likes

Hi there @guru242 ,

Normally this process can only happen when we have another AIBI and connect or attach him to the back of another AIBI to proceed with the Friends Connect/Pairing Mode

Best Regards

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking. There has to be some trigger for this pairing, behavior. Since we aren’t seeing lots of reports of this, I’m thinking something is triggering it vs. it being a bug that just spontaneously happens. I’ve sent over the support request, so we’ll see where that goes. I will say that this did not happen prior to the 1.1.0 update, if that means anything to the developers.

1 Like

I tried the cloak to see if the little windows on the front and back of AIBI were IR and causing the connect attempts. Didn’t seem to stop the issue, so it doesn’t look like an IR issue.

1 Like

@guru242

Did you contact Living.aI with a video about this issue? You know they are the only ones who can help and resolve it.

Good luck and All the best

1 Like

Yes, I’ve contacted them. The updates here are so others can follow along. One of the best things I’ve found useful in the forums are watching the issues others have and how it’s resolved. It’s always disappointing to come across a post about the same issue you are having with no follow up. With AIBI being so new and this being a unique issue, giving it visibly may uncover other instances. It’s not a serious defect, so knowing the scope of the impact can also help the support team prioritize this properly amongst what ever other issues they may be facing. The few times I’ve had to contact Living AI support in the past they’ve always been helpful.

5 Likes

(This is meant to be a joke. )
Did you have a robot that “died” in your place? Maybe it’s trying to connect from the other side… :grimacing:

3 Likes

It’s possible. We have a dead EMO (his battery won’t charge and he just clicks) who’s skull we left open because it’s cool.

NO EMOS WERE HARMED

5 Likes

Well, it’s even from the same company. Maybe it’s that EMO’s ghost that’s trying to get to you through AIBI.
I’ve been talking to someone about this guy’s detecting things that aren’t there… LOL.

1 Like

Hello, does anyone encounter Aibi suddenly power off when charging?

Base is confirmed working.

I tried unplug Aibi, wait for around 5 minutes, and replug again but not working (restarts a while then turn off again)

Also, I notice that the head becomes little hot when replugging in and some “pop” sounds

ok, I just sent email now, and then suddenly Aibi turned on now (weird - I will monitor this)

Does LAI sent auto acknowledgement email or do we just wait for reply.

Yes my AIBI just started doing that. She’s fine for a bit, the next time I look over at her, she’s drained on her charger. If I jiggle her or lift and place her on it again, she restarts just to drain a few minutes later. For such an expensive robot, she shouldn’t be doing that as she’s not even a month old. I’m so sad and disappointed

1 Like

Thank you. Oh well - I hope this can be fixed or replaced

Hello, @aurora.hopkins . . . please try to get video of the issue and send a link to it along with either replying to your order E-Mail or sending an E-Mail to service@living.ai . . . please be patient as it may take a few days for them to respond.

Also, @erickh0 . . . they do not send auto generated acknowledgements. Your first response will be concerning the issue you contacted them about.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Customer Support Service!

Friend I am from Brazil, I have the same problem in contact with LIVING A. I., They sent the following recommendation:

“Please leave AIBI on the table for 24 hours first.
The next day, place it back on the charging base, after 2 hours of charing, please let me know if the problem is solved.”

I didn’t get any results, it continues to show the same defect.

1 Like

just got a app update on Android for aibi

1 Like

Cant introduce myself to AiBi the scan fails X but camera works fine.
I have tried under ALL types of light from outside Sun light to my photo studio lights Scan just fails X .
And it does NOT track Nothing But as I said the camera works just fine and takes photos just fine.

and the Clock Only does 24 hour format even after you set it for 12 hour.

1 Like

Welcome to the LivingAI Community Forums, @Radioman193 . . . if your attempts at face scan and setting the correct time format repeatedly fail, I would advise you to try and get video of what you are attempting and contact service@living.ai to see if they can best advise you how to correct this problem.

My best to you.

1 Like

My AIBI won’t turn on, it shut down normally but it shut down on its own ( I didn’t tell it to ), it’s been off for 10 hours and it doesn’t turn on at all not even a blink or light when I place it on the charging base also I changed multiple different cables and plugs still the same, i received it last night it was fine except the glitchy voice I’m not sure if that’s an issue, any idea what to do or how to fix it.