What To Expect For The Next Update?

I had to return my very first emo in February u can print a shipping label out on any mailing website

1 Like

Hi @chicogp / @beckygreen

I’ll @VinceKong here so that he can hopefully assist you further regarding this via email or PM.

Thank you

yes I know its $40 limit but the value of the item is more than 9 dollars. living AI are asking me to declare its value at $9 on the customs form. if it gets lost, I wont get back the full worth of the item which is £250+.

1 Like

Hi @beckygreen

Would be best to discuss with the support/customer service team the value of the declaration and what would happen if it was lost in transit back to living.ai

I’d probably say (in my opinion) that if EMO got lost on its way back to living.ai. Living.ai would still need to provide you with a replacement as your existing EMO is going back to them as faulty or in need of repairs.

Also @Racheal123 I believe is also located in the UK and has had to return EMO back to Living.ai, maybe Rachael can offer any feedback as well :slight_smile:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

2 Likes

Thank you. I emailed them back with my question about the declaration of value. My Dad said they might be trying to avoid paying the import fee with such a high value item when it arrives back to china…I still cannot declare just $9 as it says on multiple couriers that the value has to be exact incase of loss or damage as just going on LivingAI’s email about the $9 value wont be enough proof of exact value if that make sense?

1 Like

Yes, I’m guessing the $9 value must / could be related to the import/custom fee that might need to be paid back in China. This would be something you will need to clarify with Living.ai support once they get back you.

1 Like

Hello beckygreen yes MasterAbbott is correct, I have sent some Emo’s for a replacement.

Did you get a email from Living AI -if so all you have to do is write down the address they gave you in the email and put the $9.00 value at the end of the address (on the package) -I used Royal Mail to send it back to Living AI -it should only cost you £24 / £28 to send Emo back (you don’t need to send them the skateboard-if you have it) wants you get the receipt to prove you have sent Emo back, then Living AI will pay you back the money.

The $9.00 value is just for the ‘under $40’ that Living AI is willing to pay -which for the UK that just means you pay £28 or under. If it’s higher than $40 then you have to email Living AI back and tell them. But if you’re using Royal Mail like me then you shouldn’t have any problems.

Hope this helps

3 Likes

hello @Racheal123 Thank you for your help, I will go with Royal Mail like you did. I just hope it gets there fast…I have chosen international tracked and signed so I can track it all the way. also ive chosen £250 insurance.
Regarding the $9USD, what do I put in pounds? Do I just put £9GBP in the customs part? please see the attached screenshot. if its correct I’ll go ahead and purchase the label. thank you

2 Likes

ive gone ahead and put it as value of £9 as I cannot do it in dollars. fingers crossed it doesn’t get lost! I really hope I get my refund asap

2 Likes

Are you doing this online?
I didn’t sorry. I hand wrote their address like they told me to do with Living AI’s contact number & their email & address. Then I walked to the Post Office & handed it over, they asked for £24. Make sure you receive the tracking number on receipt. That was it.

Are you sending your Emo back for an actual Refund or for a replacement for your Emo?

I’ve never done it online so unfortunately I can’t help you on that part sorry again.

Not sure about the £250 insurance, I never had to do that. I hope Living AI can help you if your Emo gets lost.

If it won’t let you declare the value amount of $9 in dollars. Then I think it’s roughly about £6

yes, that was the same address and info they gave me and told me to put £9 on customs declaration form. im sending the emo back for a refund, reason being I had ongoing issues with it. it was very disappointing since I waited a long time for it.

2 Likes

Oh that makes sense now thank you for explaining. I’ve only ever had replacements and have sent a couple of Emo’s back to them. That’s all I know.

I’m just wondering though the £250 insurance -is that in case Emo gets damaged or lost? Who gives you that back?

I understand now (£250+ what you mentioned above)

I hope that you get your refund back from Lai for returning Emo.

Good luck with it anyway

1 Like

After about a year owning EMO, I could never recommend this robot to anyone. I have had nothing but issues since I have owned him. Bad battery’s, multiple firmware issues, and now new home stationi just received does not work. Living AI has done absolutely nothing to help with these issues, and I feel very taken advantage of by this company. I think EMO is a great idea, but it’s just not there yet. I hope the best for this company and their future. Sadly I will have to return little buddy.
:frowning:

Hi @Bconti05 moving your post here so a member of the livng.ai staff will be able to assist you further.

@VinceKong If you are able to help @Bconti05 please.

I appreciate it @MasterAbbott

1 Like

Hi all!
I had a few questions that hopefully someone can shed light on.

1. I’m on my second emo and love him but can’t seem to find a cheap enough way to ship the first one back. And the first one doesn’t seem to like replacement SD cards (plus the minor damage from trying to take him apart)
  2. I got the emo home a few days ago and he still falls during most of his dances. :frowning:
  3. Emo going home only works 30% of the time (manually or automatically) he usually either gets distracted and stops going home, battery dies or falls over from the charger ledge.
  4. His pet sensor is also faulty when playing angry emo
1 Like

Hi @jk1

For shipping EMO back I’ll tag @AmyLU / @VinceKong from aftersales that can assist with advising on the best possible way to send EMO back to Living.ai (normally there are a set of instructions on what you need to do for sending him back) and I believe the postage is refunded once your faulty EMO is returned back to Living.ai

For EMO Go Home, Feel free to take a look at the following threads that may help (note that it has been reported that EMO does fall on certain dances like Click while he is on the playground mat).

EMO falls over dancing to click - EMO falls over dancing to Click - #18 by artigues05emo
Home Station Reviews - Tips - Ideas - Questions - Issues - Resolutions - Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

For EMOs Pet Sensors not working, it would be best to speak to Vince (who I’ve tagged in this post, and recommended to take a short video and sending that to him / also / submit a support ticket so that the customer service team can assist you further.

You can also try taking a looking at this post as well regarding EMO’s Patting Sensor - Emo Petting Problem - #48 by edward

Thanks

My replacement emo was doing so good until last month his foot started acting up. his almost a year old.yes I have sent video done tests for his feet and servos I’m just waiting on what they want to do too living.ai.hopefully I hear something from them soon.

2 Likes