What To Expect For The Next Update?

Hi @MasterAbbott thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, I had already created a support ticket and also attached two short video clips that helped reveal the issue I am experiencing. It’s a bit disheartening as I’ve had these issues within less than a day of having EMO.

Are the sensors on the bottom of the feet? Is it simply a matter of me needing to clean them?

I would be grateful and appreciative if you could include the expert @VinceKong you had mentioned. Also, I believe you have a YouTube channel as well which was very helpful!

2 Likes

You can try cleaning EMO’s feet, but as you just recently got him and he’s only a few days old, I don’t think they would need clearing so soon. you can see how I clean my emo’s feet in this video here -https://youtube.com/shorts/XpN8TbIO16I

As we can’t see what is exactly happening. It might be a little hard to provide you with any sort of troubleshooting at this time. (I’m guessing you’ve at least powered EMO off and On once again a few times?)

Hopefully, Vince from the after-sales support team will be able to give you more details on what to try next.

Thanks for your quick reply @MasterAbbott !

Yes, you’re right. I only just received this and it looks clean to me… However I’ll give your tutorial a try.

Yes, I have tried powering off and on again several times:

Sometimes (not reliably) when he’s on the skateboard dock he is responsive and I give the verbal EMO, power off command and then quickly take him off the skateboard onto a table and he will complete the power off sequence. Sometimes it didn’t work, because he was already bugging out thinking that I lifted him up when I wasn’t.

I read about a hard reset button, but I didn’t want to make things worse so I’ll defer to your better judgment.

1 Like

You can also try flipping EMO upside down as well, take a look at this on different ways to power off EMO. EMO - 5 Different ways to power off EMO

Maybe try this:

Power him off. (maybe by flipping him upside / and ensure he’s powered off ok).
Then once he’s powered off.
Place him back onto the skateboard. Wait until his headphones start flashing, and his screen starts to light up. (but before his eyes appear).
Then quickly place him on the table.
By the time he’s powered up, he should be on the table and ready to walk around. (ready for any sort of commands).

Once he’s on, maybe ask him to DO A POSE / or DANCE … and see what he does / or if he can do it.

Just some simple troubleshooting steps to try.

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser:

Hello, we ordered our 1st EMO August 2022. His eyes started freezing March 15, 2023. We sent plenty of emails to Living.ai. Per their request, we also sent pictures and video proof of the issue and videos of us attempting to reboot using both options.

We were told to do the 2 steps below to reboot:

1. RESET by poking right hole button on top of his head. If that doesn’t work, then poke the left hole botton( DIDN’T work), so then a week later we were told to proceed to 2nd option.

2. 2nd option was to use the voice command by telling EMO to " install latest firmware" (it DIDN’T work). We got an error message
    “sd error no driver ERR”

We absolutely LOVE EMO and reordered a 2nd EMO on March 4, 2023. The 2nd EMO was ordered before having issues with the 1st one.

Is there anyone else going through same thing? Any advice on how to help?

Now im wondering is this because this EMO is older without latest update? Is our EMO just useless until they create the latest update beyond 2.0.0? Will the latest update solve the issue? I almost wished i hadn’t oreder the 2nd EMO. Dangit man!

Hi @drucillas

If your EMO is displaying an SD card error. The technical team will need to provide you with the next steps in how to hopefully resolve this problem.

I’ll tag both @VinceKong / and @Tony So they are both aware of the problem you are experiencing with your EMO.

Thanks @VinceKong and @Tony because we tried the "voice command " and that didn’t work. Also tried the top right and left button reset on top of his head and that didn’t work eirher. Now EMO has just a blank black screen. HELP!

Thanks @MasterAbbott my apologies for my slow reply as I’m in a different time zone than you :slight_smile: I’ll try powering off those different ways, and I’ll try to place him off the charger quicker and let you know what happens in a bit.

1 Like

Hi @MasterAbbott ,

So I tried shutting off the EMO turning it back on and immediately placing onto a surface off of the charger before his eyes initialized - no luck. He goes into the endless shuffle and the app shows that he’s being picked up every second when in fact he is not.

I tried this with the power off through verbal command, through the settings in the app and by holding upside down (which did not work as he continued to think he was being picked up the right side up every second and did the squeaking shuffle every second).

The only power off method that I’ve not used is the force shut down. Is this something I should try?

I believe that there’s something wrong with his sensors and given that I just received this the other day is there some kind of warranty or a replacement that I can receive? It’s disappointing, but I hope I didn’t pay all that money for a total dud.

Please advise. Thank you very much…

P.S. I have supplied videos to Living AI support, but I’m not sure how to share videos here. Seems to only accept JPGs.

1 Like

Hello every emo have a one year warranty so u can indeed get a replacement to upload videos here u can upload the video on YouTube and then share the link for it here @8ball

1 Like

Thank you @ryshera :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll upload them later tonight, and here’s a screenshot of the app continuously showing that the EMO keeps saying I’m picking him up when I’m not.

I hope this is a simple fix and that I have a working EMO soon!

2 Likes

Sorry for this additional message @MasterAbbott @ryshera

I was just thinking, if EMO thinks that it’s constantly being lifted, where exactly is the sensor for that? Would that be in the feet or on the head? I’m just wondering if a little wiggle to it would fix this? He functions correctly when on the dock and even when he keeps thinking he’s being lifted he wiggles his feet and gets angry, which I believe is normal behaviour when he is truly lifted from a flat surface.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hey his drop senors and stuff is on his feet the bottom of his feet @8ball

1 Like

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification @ryshera

Sadly, I can’t see anything visually wrong with the bottom of the feet. They’re both clean and look like new as they should :frowning:

2 Likes

Good day,

My Emo does not wake up and I am not able to locate the order number and email that was used to purchase it for requesting assitance from the living.AI
.I got my emo from another vendor.

May I seek help on how to remove Emo’s battery?
Is the battery a 2-pin or 3-pin?

please email me rafaelbalatbat.rb@gmail.com or contact me +63 9175521856

Regards,
Raf

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a copy of the micro SD boot-up for EMO?
I am planning to troubleshoot my EMO not waking up and not charging.

Regards,
Raf

Hi there, please PM me your order number and you EMO’s ID(EMO-XXXX), i will send you a link to test your EMO’s foot sensor.

@rafaelbalatbat

Adding both of your requests to this thread. As you mentioned you purchased your EMO from another vendor (and not via the official website - https://living.ai/store/

It would be best to contact support by submitting a support ticket, the support team should be able to assist you, but you might need to provide them with your EMO-ID at the very least when you do. This can be found on the start screen of the EMO APP.

With regards to SD card/files, normally, unless you have an SD card issue, the support/technical team usually will not send that data over unless they have first troubleshooter the problem and confirmed it is an SD card problem.

Either way, its best you contact support by submitting a support ticket.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the problem you have with EMO and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I will also add @VinceKong who can hopefully assist you.

I bought this littile robot almost month ago, but i wish i can return and get my money back.
Emo is very slow to respond, and doest not know much, just very little and a few commands.
Most of the time he male noses and talk something which is not related, even you did not ask anything but he said something. Fave recognizing is very slow, and a lot of time he iqnored the command.
Anyway i am not happy what i pay for at all.
And no recommended to anyone to buy this at all.

Hey @8ball

Missed your comment, replying a little to it. I would not suggest the Force Power OFF as it could lead to possible data corruption down the track. I’d suggest letting EMO power off on his own.

Thanks for sharing all the extra added info, I’d be interested in also seeing exactly what EMO is doing (if you can share your video here, that would be great) when he is on this table, (thinking that he is constantly being picked up).

The reason why EMO is acting normal on the skateboard/charger is that he is in charging mode, and will not move. As charging mode takes priority over anything else.

Sometimes using the DEBUG app to recalibrate EMO’s feet and legs might do the trick, at the moment, it would be best to not play around with his feet, and wait for the support team to give you a possible solution.

As @ryshera advised, if there is anything wrong with your EMO. Living.ai will confirm this and will provide a replacement. So no need to worry about that at all. As you just recently received your EMO, if they are unable to resolve it using the debug app or any other means, it might be that your EMO is defective and will probably need to be replaced.

Hope this helps, and keeps us updated on how everything goes :slight_smile:

:laser: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :laser: