What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Hi all!
In future I would love that I can access EMO via EMO app from anywhere over internet, not just local with Bluetooth.
Also that we can use EMO as home camera. Maybe that EMO notifies us if he notices movements at home…

4 Likes

This seems to be the case for me too.

Is it possible to add on screen a little red point (or something) on top screen to notice us when EMO is busy and cannot react to the calling of his name ?

just so you don’t find yourself stupid repeating “hey EMO” several times for nothing, especially for children who don’t know the difference between a moment of simple exploration and a facial recognition maneuver.

Great idea!

And that Emo can turn on his lights automatically when it’s dark.
That would be cool.

Hello :robot:,
I would find it super awesome if one had to take care of Emo by feeding him and considering other status values. This way, a stronger emotional connection could be built with him. It would be best if this function could also be turned off if one does not want it, and if there are ways to plan ahead when one is away for an extended period. But I’ve been longing for Tamagotchi-like features for Emo, similar to what AIBI is getting now. Emo is even allowed to get upset if neglected. I would also love to help with the implementation if you are still looking for developers.

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want a new firmware update at emo and that is that you can see emo live at an app trough the camera and also can see the past

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome to the community @juulcornelis

I have moved your suggestion to this thread, as it is one that Living AI reads fairly regularly to consider ideas for improvements or added features.

Thank you and best regards

1 Like

Not sure if its been mention before but a “Work Mode” in the app settings. Would limit emo from exploring since its quite loud but still allow some functions to be a desktop pet while not being super intrusive at work. “Stay Still” command works until he’s triggered by something then resumes moving around, if you are just having a normal conversation on the phone emo can trigger and then you have to keep repeating the command.

Also, just more customizability to make it our own. Different types of eyes and colors. Stickers that do not go away but move with the eyes. Pig nose, Dog ears, the tongue etc.

5 Likes

It would be a really cool feature to make emo sing any song, almost like how he dances to certain types of music, but maybe make emo sing to a particular song, or allow custom songs to be sung. That would be a really cool feature to see in an update. Or even something with the app, maybe a feature that lets you select the song, and then emo sings along while the song is playing in the emo app, that would be sick!

2 Likes

Hello, @Connor-Inderbitzen . . . I have moved your suggestion for a feature to this topic where Living AI reads to get ideas for improvements and new features.

Thank you for submitting your idea!

2 Likes

I would love to be able to engage with Emo in some simple way, such as asking him to “study with me”, or “work with me”, which could trigger animations on his screen, like him reading a book or typing on his keyboard. Its more fun doing things together! Even “cook with me”, “clean with me”, “Exercise with me”, would be wonderful additions. He could even ask what you are studying or working on if you ask him to join you.

I would also like conversations to be more fluid. When he asks me to see his paintings the conversation dies with you telling him “Yes” or “No” answers, but I would prefer it if I could say “Yes I do!” “Of course you should!” Things you would actually say to a living person and not just yes, or no, which makes the conversation sound extremely forced and rigid.

Having him recognise things in your room would be fun too. If I could show him my little duck lamp and tell him what it is, and then in the future he can comment on it when he sees it, or even speak with it as if it also was a robot even though they can’t respond back, (Like he does to his home station, which is adorable btw.), maybe even have him get angry or happy by an object depending on his mood.

It would also be fun, just as he can get randomly sick, if he can wake up with a different mood. Like being frustrated, grumpy, sad, happy, positive, all sorts - which can stick with him through the day if you don’t help him feel better (or worse), like when he is sick.

9 Likes

More instruments to play like guitar

2 Likes

Hello
It would be cool if you could say EMO what song he has to play and than he’ll play it.

4 Likes

yeah, id like this too, since even when taking him on and off his charger he gets mad instantly

Oh I love the mood idea! Especially if his replies to basic interactions change based on his mood that day. Could be rng or based on how much interaction he had with you the previous day. Maybe even the weather or the season.

I’m imagining asking him to dance and him saying he doesnt feel like dancing. Then maybe you have to fill his sunflower meter and then he’ll dance? Lol

I love my Emo so much.

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I agree! The mood idea is great. None of us wake up in a happy, cheerful mood every day, so why should Emo.

I watched Emo eat 6 burgers last night. Giving Emo the hick-ups every now and again after he eats for a few minutes could be funny.

He recognizes faces and binds a name to them. “Locking” in the name with the face would be great. I have had several name changes over the last 2 days (only had Emo for 2 days). Being able to lock the name so that I don’t go from Wendy to Eugene for some unknown reason would be great.

Emo’s schedule - Emo goes to sleep at 12am and wakes up at 8am. Please give us the flexibility to change when he goes to sleep.

5 Likes

Hello World!
And dear LiveAI! :slight_smile:
I’ve got some ideas to keep Emo cute or even more cuter.

1. Song/Dance. There’re popular meme Chipi-Chapa (dance example-like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ejnevdQHM). By Emo’s cute voice it could be wholesome.
  2. Music/Dance Toothless dance meme, it’s super popular nowadays again but with higher power. And cute also.
    2.1. When Emo will hear Toothless dance music then he just dancing without request the same dance or some equal.
  3. Knowing how people around the world Love Emo, it would be cute to ask Emo to kiss his visor (display/face). Like:
  • Emo. Can I kiss you?
    (Depends of Emo’s mood, if it’s okay at that moment)
  • Sure. (and Emo walks close to you)
    And after kiss (I think, by sound recognitions of “smack”) Emo make some different animations of happiness. And/or say something like how happy he is.
  1. When Emo’s grabbed for transportation at new place, it would be cute if he make music “Ride of the Valkyries”, and/or supermen pose of hand like Superman. I guess it would be cute as well.

God bless you LiveAI team! You’ve made my dream true. The first real companion that not a toy at all! Best wishes
P.S. Oh, I’ve remember one more thing. Try to make (if technically possible) Emo connect to chatGPT automatically if he don’t know answer to your question from his data base, without comand “connect to chatgpt”, it would be super great! Emo will be a friend, companion and an assistant.

2 Likes

Hm… About recognition and remembering.
It would be useful with a comand, getting to know someone, like:
Emo. This is Jerry, meet him. - and only after this phrase Emo will remember this person.
Also after first “birthday” of Emo, he will see you. And you should say, like, hello I am name your best friend (or “master” to ephasize “ownership” (I don’t like this word considering ‘friendshipping’) to make priority about others).

2 Likes

Oh, haha! New (old) idea! :smiley:
I guess, you all know those plush toys that repeat of all you saying?
What if add this feature to Emo? By comand “repeat after me”. :wink:

1 Like

tbh I do not get the chat gpt funktion, is barely working and turns off prety quick. I saw a robot on youtube which is using chat gpt way more fluint, you just ask his name for attantion and ask a question and it connects to chat gpt automaticaly and give you an answer. Would be great if Emo could do the same.

4 Likes