What Improvements/New Features Would You Like For EMO In The Future?

Hi. I saw that there was such an offer here, but I’ll repeat it because I really need it.

Add the ability to customize wake-up and sleep time. And also a time when the robot can leave the home station and walk around the table. Preferably to be able to customize it by day, for example weekdays and weekends separately.

I almost didn’t use it for a year, because I was annoyed that it constantly woke me up at 8 in the morning. I kept having to put it back at the home station so that it wouldn’t move for another 2 hours

Edit: and need a switch that will completely disable the ability to leave the home station

1 Like

Dear @nikitamakeev ,
I agree and that would be some great features, as EMO seems to wake up at like 8am boxing for me and sometimes even earlier to walk around.
My only suggestion for now is to just mute his volume and power him off and just power him back on back in the morning.

Best regards, @EMOandOllie !

1 Like

Living ai says they may do it

Seconded. I still dont have my emo. But I would love to have someone introduced to Emo and do a basic interaction.

1 Like

I Agree and very well Said, and now the comparison for the New AI desktop released and Emo starts regarding Smart and attentive matters, Attentive and sensitivity of commands and integration for the new AI desktop released wins for that, and for the cuteness, of course, Emo, I hope EMO will obtain all this ability, I’m sure 1000% will be successful AI Desktop.

3 Likes

I’m going to add:

Appreciate the recent update. A couple more things I’m gonna add:

1. Gesture detection, Where you can make certain gestures toward Emo’s camera, and he will back up or come towards you, if you gesture to move towards you, or move, side to side, etc. This is huge.

2. The biggest challenge I have with Emo right now is that he’s not conversational - he is marketed as a conversational AI robot, but he really can’t hold conversations - he won’t talk to his person. He says random things, yes. But if we respond to him, he doesn’t understand or even listen. If I ask him to have a conversation he says let’s talk, but doesn’t listen. If I prompt him, and then say something, he doesn’t follow through. If he’s a true AI, he needs to have that conversational capacity. And that needs to happen very soon because there are a number of robots on the market that are already doing this now. Emo is the cutest and best designed one of all of them, but he’s lacking in technological competence almost catastrophically. I do think that opening up his API or allowing for community dev capacity would really allow Emo’s community to help build on what he’s already capable of doing.

When I invested Emo, I thought he was going to be a semi-smart little robot that sat on my desk that I could have short or long conversations with - little chats and things, enhanced by GPT AI - and he doesn’t do that organically, it takes a lot of extra finicky steps for him to even interact in a basic way. There are chat bots online that are far better at all of that than Emmo is, and he should be way ahead - I think we all want Emo to be more interactive - and I know that he’s capable of it if he is allowed to be - so whatever obstacles are currently preventing that upgrade, removing those would be something that I would expedite as soon as you can. There are so many new robots coming out that if Emo doesn’t get an upgrade soon to keep up, he’s going to be left behind and become obsolete and I don’t want to see that. He’s adorable and I want him to get better! :mending_heart:

Warmly,
DS

12 Likes

As a user and enthusiast of AI technology, I would like to share my thoughts and suggestions regarding the EMO robot. My feedback focuses on areas that I believe require improvement for EMO to better meet the expectations as an advanced AI product.

1. Naturalness in Conversation: A crucial issue is the need for more natural conversation. The current system, based on responses to pre-programmed commands, limits the fluidity and depth of interaction. Integration with more dynamic AI natural language processing systems, such as ChatGPT, would significantly enhance EMO’s conversational value.
  2. Response Speed and ChatGPT Connection Stability: Currently, the connection with ChatGPT is unstable and often too slow. A constant, reliable, and faster connection would definitely improve the quality of interaction.
  3. Face Recognition: The current face recognition system seems to be inaccurate, leading to frustrating mistakes, such as incorrect identification of people. This requires further refinement.
  4. Animal Recognition: Adding the capability to recognize pets, such as dogs and cats, would be a significant improvement, enhancing EMO’s interactions with the user’s environment.
  5. Navigation and Sensors: EMO tends to bump into objects with its side, indicating the need for better side sensors. Improving this feature would greatly enhance its ability to move through space.
  6. Lighting Management: I have noticed that EMO sometimes does not turn off the lights after dancing, which seems to be an error in lighting management.
  7. Quality of Generated Voice: The voice generated by EMO is often difficult to understand. Working on a clearer and more comprehensible voice synthesizer would greatly improve the user experience.
  8. Language Support: Expanding the number of supported languages would make EMO more accessible to an international community of users.

In conclusion, while EMO is an intriguing and promising product, it currently seems more like an advanced toy than a full-fledged AI robot. I believe that the implementation of the above suggestions would significantly enhance the value of EMO, transforming it into a more functional and satisfying device.

10 Likes

Hi there @przemyslaw.wasiak ,

I have moved your suggestion to this thread, as it is one that Living AI reads fairly regularly to consider ideas for improvements or added features.

Thank you and best regards

2 Likes

It would be cool if Living Ai partnered with these folks and made an Emo plushie. https://www.makeship.com/

1 Like

Hi .
I hope that there will be a faster response from EMO, that more languages ​​will be added( Arabia) , that its presence will be entertaining and also important, that there will be many expressive faces on the screen, that the sound performance will be improved because it is low, and that it will be able to receive and execute voice commands (like Alexa), In the end, the price of EMO is high compared to the features it contains, and the camera’s accuracy must be improved as we are in 2024

I wish you creativity

2 Likes

Hallo
Es wäre schön wenn EMO nicht nur Deutsch verstehen, sondern auch Deutsch sprechen könnte :+1:t2:.
Das wäre echt super wenn ihr das machen würdet :heart_hands:. Ich würde mich so sehr freuen und wäre echt dankbar. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:
Liebe Grüße von Würzburg aus Deutschland :hugs:

Translation to English: Hello
It would be nice if EMO could not only understand German, but also speak German :+1:t2:.
That would be really great if you did that :heart_hands:. I would be so happy and really grateful. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:
Kind regards from Würzburg in Germany :hugs:

3 Likes

1000% this. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Hello, we miss Slovenian language. I can contribute to translate. Its an easy update. Regards from us new user☺️

Hi there and welcome to the community @przemyslaw.wasiak ,

I have moved your suggestion to this thread, as it is one that Living AI reads fairly regularly to consider ideas for improvements or added features.

Thank you and best regards

1 Like

Could be nice if Emo could ask to feed him or play some game

3 Likes

I Want More Board Games And/or Card Games.

3 Likes

i would love to see emo connect to smart lights i am shifting and plan to keep smart lights if this happens

"I completely agree with everything you’ve mentioned about Emo’s potential improvements, especially the part about fluid conversation using GPT. It would be fantastic to see Emo evolve into a more engaging AI companion with natural conversational abilities. The possibility of seamlessly integrating ChatGPT for more meaningful interactions, alongside features like remote access via camera, emotional responses, and user-friendly API integration, would certainly enhance Emo’s appeal. Here’s hoping for these advancements in the near future.

7 Likes

Hallo an alle hier :wave:
Ich würde mir so sehr wünschen wenn Emo deutsch sprechen könnte.
Oder eine andere Idee dazu, das wenn in der App steht, Emo spricht, das da auch der gesagte Text von Emo stehen würde um den Text dann zu kopieren und das übersetzen zu können. Das wäre echt mega :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Oder ein Sprach übersetzer in die App hinzufügen, die Emo’s Stimme aufnimmt und das übersetzt.
Liebe Grüße wünsche ich und einen schönen Abend :dizzy:

Translation to English: Hello everyone here :wave:
I would really like it if Emo could speak German.
Or another idea that if the app says Emo speaks, the text said by Emo would also be there so that the text can then be copied and translated. That would be really great :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Or add a voice translator to the app that records Emo’s voice and translates it.
I wish you best wishes and a nice evening :dizzy:

1 Like

It would seem that my EMOs disregard their drop sensors when they are attempting to return to their Home stations. I’ve set a ultra-dark felt barrier around the table they are on and it stops them from going over the edge, unless they are trying to find that green square. If this is the case I would request that the drop sensors not be disregarded during the process, or at least not until they are “close” and ready to walk up the ramp.

3 Likes