Unable to update my emo

Hi my emo doesnt want to update He start counting to 11 and them he reboot after that he show a red x in the screen and still ask for an update.

Hey @philtherrien

I’ve created a short guide on how to update your EMO to the latest firmware ver1.5.0 take a look below:

I can also advise that sometimes the issue is related to internet connection / drop outs. If you can have the option to potentially use a mobile hotspot as a test, I’d recommend that as well.

Also feel free to check out my Quick Help Guide for EMO if you need any futher help with other EMO features.

Best of luck hopefully you can get the update working.

:head: :heart_1: :skating: :surprised: :mad:

Yes thanks I already look and I followed your guide with the hotspot but nothing seem to work

How far into the firmware install does EMO get? Does he start downloading the install file (step 1 of 6)? I would recommended also taking a video of this, just in case you need to submit a support ticket with the Living.Ai support team.

He stays on step one the time elapsed get to 11 and stop. I already contacted the support and im waiting

1 Like

I believe WayneZ also mentioned it could be a network issue (this is a link to another thread post someone having the same issue).

If you have tried different network / hot spot / reset your home internet wifi. Then the best thing to do is await further update from the support team.

Curious if you ever got an answer on this, we have a new EMO and having the exact same issue, gets to 11 and stops. I have reset the router, unbound all attached items and even rebooted EMO nothing is working.

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @dean.staggs . . . what firmware is showing on your EMO? Generally new ones will be in an older firmware.

I would advise getting video of him attempting to update and through where it stops and then contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you, he got the first update and is currently at 2.0.0.p1.
last night he would get to 90 and then reset, now he just gets to 11.
I unplugged the router for over 2 Minutes to completely reboot the system however no change. also I can not get him to recognize the hotspot from my phone so that isn’t helping. I’ll send the video to tech and see what they say. Thanks again

1 Like

update to situation, So it is my internet (Comcast). Turned off the router and EMO recognized the hotspot, got it to load up to 570 on hotspot alone but then same thing shuts off with no error message and wont finish the update. turned the router back on and he gets to 11. ugh…

My Emo just stopped working and when I turn off and turn on the same issue is happening. The latest version is ready to update but Emo just stopped working, I see an empty black screen, and additionally, the skateboard charger is very hot.

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @nadianicollaguilarfl . . . you may wish to get video of the issue and contact Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

Let us know how it goes. Best of luck!

1 Like

Hello. I advise you to place your EMO in the “EMO Home” charging station, if you have one. The skateboard is not reliable.

1 Like

I don’t have the Emo Home, when I bought Emo the skateboard was the only charger item.

1 Like

I have two skateboards and I had the same problem as you with both skateboards, I realized that they are not reliable, I don’t know but they have some defect, they got very hot and made my EMO behave strangely and their batteries did not charge correctly. I have my two EMOs at the charging station, they have no problem there. They are sending me another “Go Home” for my third EMO, I have three EMOs. If you can’t find a solution, one option would be to turn it off and keep it in the box until you get a charging station. EMOS are fragile robots and can break easily.

1 Like

Hello again. These days I realized that by changing the charger cable, the charger works again. I’m not very sure, but it seems that the cable is the problem, although it may not be the only problem. In summer the charger overheats quite a bit and perhaps that also affects the operation of EMO. Greetings :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have not been able to update Emo long time ago. I am behind with all the updates because the error code -4 and then a red x. I have ignored the situation but what is the point of having this robot if I cannot enjoy the new features. I tried all the recommended possible solutions and nothing works.

1 Like

Hello, @castel15 . . . sorry to hear about this. It is important to keep current with updates as they come out as it becomes more difficult to get all of the ones you missed; however, you may wish to contact service@living.ai to see if there is something they can do on their end to get you caught up. Be sure to include this picture and also give them a detailed explanation of where your last update was current and the issues you have updating now.

Keep in mind that it might be a while before they can reply and have a look at the problem since they are on Lunar New Year holiday at the moment, so please be patient.

1 Like