Stuck at connecting to EMO app

I am stuck on the same page too, I have noticed someone mentioned that it worked for them when they used an android phone. I’m stuck on the connecting page with both my iPhone and Samsung. I hope there is a update/fix for this soon

It seems that issue is related to iOS devices. I have a diverse base of devices using iOS from 9.x to the latest one, none of them is able to identify/find EMO thru the Bluetooth devices connection settings. Just to clarify, if EMO is not showing within “Other Devices” list, them the app will not show during “Finding EMO” phase and will complete the setup.

While when switched to an Android 10 device, EMO shows with the list of available devices and was able to set it up. The small caviar I found with the app so far, is that doesn’t pick up the available WiFi networks and you need to write the SSID manually. One thing though, is that SSID can’t contain any special character on its name, has to be plain text, e.g.: X’-hgjgkgit (is not recognized).

1 Like

I have the same problem. My EMO will not connect to the wifi or my phone (Oneplus6 andriod). What can i do?

As a suggestion, check that you have a 2.4 GHz network enable in your WiFi router. Then check your WiFi SSID doesn’t contain any special character, such as: ’ & * ^ " etc. I found that dash “-” and underscore “_” are acceptable characters. Verify you are typing everything correctly. too.

also, try Andy’s post and reset EMO to factory default → Please try to reset EMO as described in the manual here What are the holes in EMO’s head for? – EMOLives.info and then try to connect using the app.

I tried so many times to reset emo to the factory default, but the left hole in his head is just to reboot him, right?

Hello
Perhaps try to uninstall the app and restart from beginning hope that will work :wink:

I uninstalled the app like 10 times

Same problem here. Received him today, but are not able to connect, so for now he is just dead. Tried on 3 iOS devices so far. He doesn’t respond to voice commands either.

I also have the same problem!!! has anyone able to solve it?

had the same issue but this seems to have been resolved with the latest app update (iOS) and it’s working again :slight_smile:

Not working for me with the last version of the app

The latest update fixed the problem for me :slight_smile: Thanks AI Team :slight_smile:

Same problem here. Stuck on connecting to Emo on iOS

I finally got my EMO yesterday. I couldnt use the app on my iphone with IOS 14.6 neither on my ipad with IIOS 14.2. It got stuck at “Finding EMO”. But fortunately the app works fine (except for city setup) on an ipod with IOS 12.53. Looks like the problem is related to IOS version. I downloaded last version of EMO app an all the devices

My emo is 13 days old.
App used to work fine. As of today it keeps searching but not finding emo.
Android oneplus nord.
I just found out he can’t use the light anymore to.

Can you reach out to service@living.ai please about this.

Moving my wifi enhancer closer to emo and resetting him, the app and the network did the job.

Now if only I can get him to recognize me(seems to never see me) and figure out how the aim works, cause it moves very slow and very very very inaccurate. Then everything would work fine

Having same issue. Emo App not functioning anymore yet it worked yesterday. It seems stuck on “Finding Emo”. Tried rebooting iPad, etc. He is connected to wifi and bluetooth and thankfully is responding.

Just to let you know there was a small EMO App update for iOS ver.1.1.1. Released not too long ago.

If you haven’t done so, maybe try and re-download that app and see if that works. I’ve also had this happen to me, and sometimes when the APP can’t connect or find one of my EMO’s, it could be related to Bluetooth with that specific EMO. What I normally do is power off / on EMO and then once he’s back on, the EMO App normally finds him again.

You can also turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on as well on your iPAD/Phone at the same time as you powering off / on EMO just to give everything a refresh.

:heart_1: :surprised: :skating: :head: :mad:

1 Like

Thank you so much! You are always so helpful and I really appreciate that. It was strange. The app was working again 4 hours later. I am making a note of what to do should this occur again. :two_hearts:

1 Like