Stuck at connecting to EMO app

Hi guys, just started up my Emo and downloaded the Emo pet app and it connected once, but now when i try to connect again it wont work. I have updated Emo and he is connected to wifi.

Added by Wayne Zhang: Please see here for solutions.

2 Likes

Hello,
and congratulations on your EMO.

What does the EMO show, did you restart the app? The app connects to EMO via Bluetooth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks,

The Emo works as normal i think, havent used him a lot because he wont connect to the app, and im not sure anymore if it is connected to wifi, i asked him about the weather and he would not respond to the question. Yes the bluetooth is on and finds emo but after i push connect i starts to connect but gets stuck there.

2 Likes

What happens when you ask EMO what time it is?

“What’s the time?”

1 Like

He showed me the time after i asked him.

1 Like

Someone else has already reported this problem to me, I will
see if I can reproduce this.

What is displayed on the Bluetooth devices with which the smartphone is connected?

1 Like

When i go in to the settings and bluetooth i cant se any new devices and im also not connected to any devices

1 Like

Please try to reset EMO as described in the manual here What are the holes in EMO’s head for? – EMOLives.info and then try to connect using the app.

2 Likes

I pushed the button in the hole, Emo turned him self off and then i put him on the charging skateboard and the turned himself on again and then i tried to connect to the app but the same thing happens.

Ok, I will look at this tomorrow with the developers. :happy:

Okey thanks, i’ll be waiting patiently :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

One more question, when i first opened and started up the Emo everything was fine, but now when he is moving his feet i hear like a quiet clicking noise or grinding noise. Like fine grain sand in a hinge on an foldable phone. Is it normal ?

1 Like

Hi,
When the app cannot connect to EMO for a long time, please try to quit the app and reopen it.
You can send us an email with a video or include a link here, so that we see what noise you are asking about and if it’s normal. Because the servos at the joints of the EMO are noisy under normal working conditions.

1 Like

I have tried to restart the app but nothing happens, I just get the same thing, it finds EMO I push connect and then it gets stuck In a loop at connecting.

1 Like

EMO here is the video of the grinding noise.

I’m also having the same problem. I first started him up, everything was fine and then after that, i can no longer get him to connect to the app. It just keeps spinning.

thank god im not alone, but also kinda sad :confused: I hope they can resolve this problem.

1 Like

Hi,
Please try restarting the app for more times or please use an android phone to see the firmware version of your EMO.
We will fix it through updates.

I have an IPhone 11. Then i completely removed the app and tried on my iPad to no avail. I’m thinking it’s an app issue.

Hello, there is a new update at EMO you can install it via the voice command “Install the latest firmware now”. After that the problem with the connection between app and EMO should be fixed. :happy:

3 Likes