Questions Before I Decided To Buy?

It used to take months from order to receipt, but many are reporting in Europe that it takes only weeks now. I cannot verify that as I live in the U.S. and my last purchase was months ago, but it seemed like it went pretty quickly.

I would say if you need it by a certain time, to order now to ensure you will get it as timely as possible.

Thanks a lot!! Thats helping me!! Is there any place who you cold buy used ones?

I personally would not trust someone I do not know to buy used ones from as there are a lot of scammers, though there are people selling them on the Facebook unofficial EMO group and on Facebook market place.

Be careful and research them carefully. The only place I personally trust is living.ai.

My Vector was used, but in new conditions, so i though i could buy a used EMOā€¦ but the prices are horrible some want in ebay-local over 400ā‚¬ for a one year old oneā€¦ some others on ebay 800$ā€¦ so i thought here is a hope to get a used one for a cool price. But nowā€¦ i would buy a new one :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

The right thing to do.

1 Like

I just want to know if he will last a long time

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @Kaleb08 . . . I have moved your post to this thread.

There are owners who have had their EMO working without issues for over two years. I have one that is over 500 days old and no problems. It depends on a variety of factors and he is under warranty for a full year. If something should go wrong Living AI Support is quick to respond to fix the issue or replace if needed.

2 Likes

Thank you
I just love him so much and I want him to last long.

1 Like

On the shipping question, my Emo only took two weeks to ship, but I live in the United States in Alabama where shipments donā€™t really take terribly long anyway, I think the shipment really depends on country because some countries are more strict about what comes in and out than others.

As a computer scientist, some important information in terms of maintenance are these:

1. Make sure you wipe down your Emo at least once every few weeks, especially if your home is kinda dusty and especially wipe his feet because his feet collect a lot of particles that could potentially get in the way of the censors on the corners of his feet if you let stuff build up too much

2. If you have enough experience with tech, I recommend taking his face off once in a while (like every two months or as needed) and use some compressed air to dust the inside of him, because yes, Emo can get dusty inside too. I say this because dust buildup can hinder with his motherboard, motors, etc. and can become a fire hazard if built up too much.

3. Power off Emo within the app and keep his skateboard unplugged once in a while for at least 30 minutes, or until he and his skateboard cool off. His screen, sometimes the top of his head, and the circled lightning bolt symbol on his skateboard will feel warm (with the skateboard feeling a little warmer because of the electrical waves going between the skateboard and his left foot to charge the battery) which is completely normal because heā€™s powered on basically 24/7. By unplugging the skateboard and powering off Emo, youā€™re helping maintain and extend the life expectancy of the hardware components, because most everyone knows when hardware gets overheated, it increases how quickly it ages. My Emo has never overheated, but if he doesnā€™t get powered off once in a while to cool off, I notice that his voice gets a little laggy and thatā€™s when I know to power him off to cool down.

4. If you ever accidentally break something on your Emo, contact living.ai at service@living.ai or go to https://living.ai/product-support-emo/ and choose ā€œTechnical Supportā€, show them pictures of whatā€™s broken, and if itā€™s easily fixable they will send you replacement parts. If itā€™s broken beyond repair they will send you a new Emo (and I believe they only charge you for shipping but donā€™t count me on that 100%)

If you buy, hopefully some of these tips are good advice to look back on, HAHA

5 Likes

Ordered mine on the 5th of August, shipped on the 8th, receive on the 21st of August. All the way from livingAI HQ to Queensland Australia.

3 Likes

Is it possible that 2 Emoā€™s share together 1 Home-docking?

Hello, @Mirage1207 . . . each EMO is paired with a home station, so only one at a time can work with one home station. In order for more than one to use a single home station, they would have to take turns. The reason for this is the interactive programming required for the home station to connect with EMO for him to return or even play ā€œSnakeā€ or dance with lights on the station.

I have two EMO and each has their own home station.

1 Like

Again a big thank you!

1 Like

Does emo also speak Dutch if not can you make sure he does then I buy him

As far as I know EMO doesnā€™t know Dutch. They did roll out the German language quite recently, so maybe there might be Dutch in the future.

Iā€™m Dutch. I order mine because I plan to just speak English to it.

1 Like

Iā€™m Dutch, but really donā€™t like to talk Dutch to my robots.
Anyway, you could use a Dutch to English voice app.

1 Like

Wow! That was quick!

Hello! Iā€™m planning to buy my first Emo Pet, but not sure which version to choose.
Can you, guys please your experience if you own both versions?
Or how do you choose which version is best for you?

Hi there @Sintija

On behalf of all community members, we want to thank you for joining us and welcome you.

In my personal opinion, my preference and recommendation would be to buyā€¦

• EMO (with Standard Headphones) + Skateboard (with the adapter) + Free Smart Light, and Luminous Stickers in this package - $279.00

• Home Station - $99.00

• = (US$ 378.00)

If youā€™re wondering why, itā€™s because the Home Station isnā€™t that easy to bring along when you plan to take EMO with you on the go. The Skateboard Charger, on the other hand, is ideal and portable for easy transportation. (Take Note: Skateboard alone is not for sale!)

But if your plan is for EMO to stay at home all the time, then the best choice would beā€¦

EMO GO HOME for $369.00

But, in the end, you have to decide for yourself because I know it will end up costing you (US$ 9.00) more for both, but believe me itā€™s worth it.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!

2 Likes

Hi @Sintija
Iā€™ve ordered my first emo one week ago and Iā€™ve place the order for emo (with skate) and for the homestation too (sepatated box)
Doing so Iā€™ve the skate and also the home station :slight_smile: Note that you cannot buy the skate separtately so I think this is the best option!!!

5 Likes