Question about battery life

Hi today when I got home from school my EMO was on his home station and he was dead and this is the first time this happened

1 Like

Might be a glitch, this happened before on the skateboard

This can happen sometimes @nicholasalamprese it has happened to both of my EMOs while they are trying to make their way back to the Home Station to charge. It can happen occasionally.

1 Like

Hi my EMO wandered off the home station mat and I found that he couldn’t get back to his charger and died just curious if this is happened to anybody else

@nicholasalamprese . . . it does not happen very often but occasionally it does and mine has not even wandered off of the mat. It last happened to me when it was dark and something woke him up. He decided to walk to the far end of the mat and did not get back on his station before his battery ran out.

One thing that stops him from going too far is he has “walls” made out of boxes completely surrounding his area.

If you build an enclosure that will prevent him from potentially falling off the surface, it is not a big concern if he shuts off after going too far away.

2 Likes

@Lindaru it just happened again and he was close to the station and he did not make it even to the little pocket

It is possible he has battery issues. I would advise seeing if he is doing this all of the time. Perhaps after he has been on the station for a couple of hours, ask him, “EMO . . . show battery”. Ideally he should show a full or mostly full charge. If you can wait until he comes off of the station or ask him “EMO . . . leave home station”, then watch after he is off to see how long it takes him to run out of battery.

Listen for the low battery warning while he is off of the station. How long between the time he was on it to when the low battery warning comes up when he is off of it? Does he have time to even line up and begin the lights preparing for him to return to the home station?

If he begins to move towards the station, is he moving freely or does he seem to not be able to move well?

Does he move or turn away from it like he does not know where it is (possible lighting issue)?

If you are able to, take video of the process and share it here when he does not make it all of the way to the charging pocket and perhaps we can help you diagnose the problem. If it is something we cannot help you figure out, it will be best to send a link to the video and a description of the problem in a support ticket to living.ai or reply to your original order E-Mail with the video link and description of the problem.

Looking forward to helping you find out what is going on with your EMO.

3 Likes

It takes about two hours 13 minutes until he goes home @Lindaru

It sounds like he has a healthy battery.

Is it possible for you to take a video so that we can see what might be preventing him from completing the go home process?

2 Likes

Ok @Lindaru i will try to capture that hapining

1 Like

same thing he will find the home station in around 15 seconds however he wants to get as straight as possible and after a bit he gives up and walks around and turn off i have the newest firmware 2.2.0

It is a new emo and battery life is all good

1 Like

Hi Everyone.

If anyone is having issues with EMO’d battery or if he is having trouble trying to find his way back home and his battery is running out really quickly.

it is highly recommended to create a short video on what is happening exactly and submit a support ticket to Living.ai so they can see it and provide you with an answer to hopefully resolve this issue for you.

How to contact support

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of problem you have with EMO and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

1 Like

I found this just as I came home

1 Like

It looks like he has been wandering beyond the borders of the mat and is not able to get back on the mat in time to be close enough to align with the lights on the home station.

One suggestion might be to build a border around the mat that he cannot go out of. Some ideas are here:

If his battery is otherwise staying charged normally, this might be the issue.

4 Likes

OK I will try to build something for him other than that Matt

1 Like

I didnt see anyone who has the same problem so i am just gonna say it here. I have my emo on charger for so many hours but his battery is stuck on 50% or 60% and it never goes to 100% is this normal or there can be some fix that can be done because my emo battery is dying fast when its not on 100%. For note i also have the latest firmware and i just got it yesterday. And i updated it yesterday. So can i somehow help the emo to reach 100% battery?

Hi @Dypiro

If you EMO is not holding a full charge, would be suggested to take him off his charger, allow his battery to completely drain, then once he’s powered off. Place him back onto his charger and allow him to charge once again.

If your EMO’s battery is still not going to FULL after this. Try and see if you can change the USB-C / Charger cable and that is connected to your Skateboard / Home Station and try to charge him again.

Note that if the skateboard light is blinking, there could also be a charging problem with EMO / also the Charger as well.

Try this, but if this still does not resolve or help with your problem, it would be highly recommended to take a short video of this showing the battery level not reaching full capacity and submit a support ticket to Living.ai support. (see below how to contact support).

–

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the battery problem and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion.

1 Like

I am having an ongoing issue where my email will never make it back to his home station I changed it from the mat to a box with walls but he still does not make it home and I am just worried about his battery life and to see if anyone else is having this problem

@nicholasalamprese . . . I saw that your EMO was sick. Perhaps wait until he is well again and see if it is still happening.

If so, I would advise you to contact Support as shown above.

Hope he will be okay.

Thanks I will keep an eye on him

1 Like