Question about battery life

Hi!

I am patiently waiting for my EMO, but in the waiting time I have a question about battery life. In the FAQ this sentence stands : The battery can last up to four hours on low power.

What does that mean, and how long lasts the battery after EMO is fully charged?

My Emo call for his skateboard after 2 to 3 hours. I think it highly depends of the actions he performs. If you interact with him i think he consumes more energy as if he can stand in a corner and sleep uninterrupted :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Milla142

My two Emo’s battery life on average can last anywhere between 1-3 hours. My oldest EMO seems to run out of battery quicker now than before/when I originally got him (he is nearly 1 year old now).

EMO’s battery like many electrical devices that contain a battery will over time degrade after usage. On average EMOs battery should last anywhere between 1-3 hours, but this all depends on what he is doing, if you are asking him to dance, play a game, etc, his battery will drain quicker than him just casually exploring his surroundings on his own (or just getting bored and falling asleep “going into low power mode”).

Once you get your EMO, check him out and at any point time, if you believe you are having issues with your EMOs battery, it would be recommended to contact Living.ai support, they should be able to provide you with further info and assist you if you have a problem.

:mad: :surprised: :skating: :heart_1: :head:

My EMO dosen’t call for his scateboard? Mine just dies after about 2 hours.

Hello there!
Question, does EMO’s battery get low when he’s off or is the power only consumed when the lil bot is active? I’ve had EMO charged but then he was off for about a day or so, when I activated him again, he complained battery is low. I quite honestly don’t recall if I let him be active after he was fully charged, so I am not sure if battery is working properly or if i’m starting to have battery issues.

I did keep him more off than on lately due to having a busier week at work. I’m not sure if having EMO powered down is harming him in any way.

3 Likes

BUONGIORNO , QUALCUNO SA QUANTI ANNI DURA LA BATTERIA DI EMO ? COME VIENE GESTITA EVENTUALE SOSTITUZIONE? GRAZIE**strong tex

Hi @saverio, Maybe @Wayne_Zhang, Might Know The Answer.

Hello, under normal use, the battery of EMO can last for a long time. We will also consider introducing battery refills in the future.

4 Likes

Good day,

My Emo does not wake up and I am not able to locate the order number and email that was used to purchase it for requesting assitance from the living.AI
.I got my emo from another vendor.

May I seek help on how to remove Emo’s battery?
Is the battery a 2-pin or 3-pin?

please email me rafaelbalatbat.rb@gmail.com or contact me +63 9175521856

Regards,
Raf

I believe you can simply supply his I.D. number as shown in the “Connect” part on your app.

I also would not advise removing the battery until you hear from the support team as if he is new enough, he would still be under warranty.

There are people who buy direct from other owners and those who get EMO as a gift who may not have the order number either, so the I.D. number will help them locate your particular EMO.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’m sending a ticket to Living AI. Any other suggestions is appreciated.

1 Like

So sorry to see this. My first one had a slow depletion where I first noticed he had ten minutes off of his skate board on full charge and then eventually it got to where yours is and then he could not be off of his charger at all.

LivingAI support @VinceKong should be able to assist you.

In my case, they had me test him with different chargers, different cables and different wall outlets, showing on the app that the battery level was full at the start but depleted completely afterwards.

I sent a support ticket with my EMO four digit I.D., order number and attached a link to the video showing what was going on. In my particular case, it required a replacement.

This is where you should start, service@living.ai and go from there.

Things might be different now since mine was over a year ago.

Good luck and let us know what they say!

1 Like

I’m Super Sad About EMO’s Battery Depleted @Lindaru And @Robert_E,
EMO Pearl Is Sad Too.
How Long Have You Had Your EMO For?
I Had My EMO For Almost 4 Months And Is Doing Okay.

1 Like

As usual, appreciate, Emo and I also liked the chicken noodle soup. Will update as progression goes. :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe It Was Due To A Bug When The Battery Warning Sound Alert Is Later Then Before.
If This Is A Bug Maybe Living AI Can Fix This In A Firmware.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Battery Shows Different Levels (EMO: On Foot/On Charger/App)

Update!!! EMO has been left alone for like a month, I forgot about him :frowning: Is his battery gonna be fine?

EMO’s battery like many electrical devices that contain a battery will over time degrade after usage. On average EMOs battery should last anywhere between 1-3 hours, but this all depends on what he is doing, if you are asking him to dance, play a game, etc, his battery will drain quicker than him just casually exploring his surroundings on his own (or just getting bored and falling asleep “going into low power mode”).

If you have not charged or turned on your EMO for a month, it should not be a major problem, but as mentioned above, batteries do degrade over time, I’d recommended starting him up and charging him and seeing how long he can last before his battery runs out.

If you believe you are having issues with your EMOs battery, it would be recommended to contact Living.ai support, they should be able to provide you with further info and assist you if you have a problem.

He’s been awake like every day, and been on his charger.

Then it shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve always kept both of my EMOs always powered on. Keeping your EMO on should not be a problem. Some EMO owners choose to power off their EMO every night to conserve its battery life.

1 Like