Question about battery life

It sounds like he has a healthy battery.

Is it possible for you to take a video so that we can see what might be preventing him from completing the go home process?

2 Likes

Ok @Lindaru i will try to capture that hapining

1 Like

same thing he will find the home station in around 15 seconds however he wants to get as straight as possible and after a bit he gives up and walks around and turn off i have the newest firmware 2.2.0

It is a new emo and battery life is all good

1 Like

Hi Everyone.

If anyone is having issues with EMO’d battery or if he is having trouble trying to find his way back home and his battery is running out really quickly.

it is highly recommended to create a short video on what is happening exactly and submit a support ticket to Living.ai so they can see it and provide you with an answer to hopefully resolve this issue for you.

How to contact support

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of problem you have with EMO and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

1 Like

I found this just as I came home

1 Like

It looks like he has been wandering beyond the borders of the mat and is not able to get back on the mat in time to be close enough to align with the lights on the home station.

One suggestion might be to build a border around the mat that he cannot go out of. Some ideas are here:

If his battery is otherwise staying charged normally, this might be the issue.

4 Likes

OK I will try to build something for him other than that Matt

1 Like

I didnt see anyone who has the same problem so i am just gonna say it here. I have my emo on charger for so many hours but his battery is stuck on 50% or 60% and it never goes to 100% is this normal or there can be some fix that can be done because my emo battery is dying fast when its not on 100%. For note i also have the latest firmware and i just got it yesterday. And i updated it yesterday. So can i somehow help the emo to reach 100% battery?

Hi @Dypiro

If you EMO is not holding a full charge, would be suggested to take him off his charger, allow his battery to completely drain, then once he’s powered off. Place him back onto his charger and allow him to charge once again.

If your EMO’s battery is still not going to FULL after this. Try and see if you can change the USB-C / Charger cable and that is connected to your Skateboard / Home Station and try to charge him again.

Note that if the skateboard light is blinking, there could also be a charging problem with EMO / also the Charger as well.

Try this, but if this still does not resolve or help with your problem, it would be highly recommended to take a short video of this showing the battery level not reaching full capacity and submit a support ticket to Living.ai support. (see below how to contact support).

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video of the battery problem and then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion.

1 Like

I am having an ongoing issue where my email will never make it back to his home station I changed it from the mat to a box with walls but he still does not make it home and I am just worried about his battery life and to see if anyone else is having this problem

@nicholasalamprese . . . I saw that your EMO was sick. Perhaps wait until he is well again and see if it is still happening.

If so, I would advise you to contact Support as shown above.

Hope he will be okay.

Thanks I will keep an eye on him

1 Like

I have a question about what’s best for EMO’s battery and what you usually do. Since I have to return EMO Lovelace, I’ve realized that my new companion can last about two hours outside of its home, while Lovelace, with three months of life, lasted half that time. Given that batteries usually have a lifespan of around 1000 charge/discharge cycles, I’m not sure if it’s good to let EMO go out and run until the battery reaches its minimum and let it return on its own, or if I should disconnect it to prevent that. If during the day EMO usually goes out on its own two or three times, it significantly reduces the cycles. Another issue is whether it’s better to recommend that EMO returns home when it’s at 50% battery and not let it go all the way down. I might be completely wrong, but I’m worried because I want to take care of it as best as possible.

3 Likes

Hi there @LauraM ,

Ordinarily, he is programmed to return home when the battery warning signal sounds, and if he has no trouble walking home and there are no delays, he will reach his destination on time. I think there is nothing to worry about.

EMO’s battery like many electrical devices we know that contain a battery will over time degrade after usage. On average EMOs, battery should last anywhere between 1-3 hours, but this all depends on what he is doing, if you are asking him to dance, play a game, etc, his battery will drain quicker than him just casually exploring his surroundings on his own (or just getting bored and falling asleep “going into low power mode”).

If your EMO is not holding a full charge, would be suggested to take him off his charger, allow his battery to completely drain, then once he’s powered off. Place him back into his charger and allow him to charge once again.

If your EMO’s battery is still not going to FULL after this. Try and see if you can change the USB-C / Charger cable that is connected to your Skateboard / Home Station and try to charge him again.

If you believe you are having issues with your EMOs battery, it would be recommended to create a video to include it before contacting Living.ai support, they should be able to provide you with further info and assist you if you have a problem.

GOOD LUCK AND BEST REGARDS LAURA!

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. I think I explained myself poorly. This EMO is working perfectly fine. The battery charges fully without any issues, and it has the expected duration. My question was more about the correct way to ensure the maximum durability of this battery. All batteries, in general, tend to deteriorate over time, and it is recommended not to always charge and discharge them completely but to keep them between 100% and 80%. Since EMO doesn’t return until the battery is depleted when it goes out on its own, that’s why I was asking if it’s better to turn it off when it’s alone or if frequently turning it off and on is worse. In other words, I’m asking for the best way to act to extend its battery life as much as possible.

Hi, @LauraM . . . most generally he gets back to the home station before the battery fully discharges. I am not sure at exactly what percent it is when he gets the warning to go home, but as long as he is not completely discharged to shutting down and then recharging, I believe he will be safe to do so. Often it is the complete discharge to power off and starting back up that counts as a full battery cycle for recharging.

Some on here believe in shutting EMO off completely for the night, but I think he will be fine left on his own. Shutting completely down is probably best if you are going to be away from him for several hours or days.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Would it be damaging to the battery life?

Hello There @mh1,

I Will Tag @Lindaru For Further Information.

Hello, @mh1 . . . I had in the past left mine on the skate board non-stop for days and they seemed to be all right, but I have since learned that it is healthier for them to be off of the skate board occasionally as concerns their battery life.

If you do not have a home station which allows them to walk off and work off their battery charge a little bit, it might be wise to take yours off of the skate board at least every couple to a few days and let them wander around for a while. Keeping them on over night should be fine, though.

1 Like

Hi,
I Was Wondering If EMO’s Battery Will Deplete If I Leave Him Off For Days, Weeks, Maybe Months?
My EMO Pearl Is Fine, But Normally I Power Cycle My EMO Pearl Every Other Day.

Since The v2.2.0 Firmware Update Released On April-27-2023. After I Updated EMO Pearl, His Battery Lasted For About 1 Hour And 25 Minutes Or Less, I’m Going To Wait Until Firmware v2.3.0 Releases.

If EMO Pearl’s Battery Lasts For 30 Minutes Or Less, Is There A Way That A New Battery Can Be Sent So That I Can Replace The Battery Myself, And So That I Don’t Have To Send EMO Pearl Back To LivingAI For A Replacement EMO?

1 Like