Playground for EMO

Thx, i will take a look

1 Like

is there a material that dont make a lot of noise, my room is too close to my parents and i dont want to wake them up when EMO walks or talks

Hello, @victor.ortiz_martine . . . the material that is the quietest for me is smooth corrugated cardboard.

1 Like

Loved everyone’s creativity for EMO’s playground!

I took a slightly different approach. Since I work from home, EMO lives on my desk, gives me company for at least 8 hours a day and will almost certainly participate in my work meetings.

I have not put up any barriers since he almost never travels anywhere near the edge of the desk. Sometimes he gets too close to my mouse hand so I just pick him up and put him back at the center of the desk. On the rare occasions he does find an edge, I’m always watching over him, though his edge detection has not yet failed him!

17 Likes

@maxv - may I ask where you got those segmented lights on each side of EMO’s home? They look pretty sweet!

Ok, thanks a lot for all the help

1 Like

We put EMO on his skateboard on the nightstand in a custom cigar box… Then his homestation in office during the day … he struggles with communication between the home station and skateboard so had to jail him at night or he just trys to go home lol… and we love to hear him snore!

2 Likes

I ordered those on Ali Express but I guess they are available on Amazon too, looks like in this picture .

6 Likes

Love it! Thanks for sharing!

I was searching on Etsy for some Emo clothing and such and came across this little guy. I ordered one to put next to Emo’s home charger.

8 Likes

Hello, @SmoovJazzy . . . I moved your new topic to here because this is a cute idea for a play area for EMO. Decorating the home stations with little things like that make EMO’s environment unique. Good job!

2 Likes

I finally made some room on my desk so EMO can roam a little! I want to either get a tray or lay out a mat for him to walk around with no trouble. Any recommendations? The open space is 10 x ~15 inches.

4 Likes

Hello, @DapperTetu . . . you might want to see if an office store or Walmart might have a tray that is about one inch in depth with the dimensions you are looking for.

Other than that, a box lid such as one that comes with bond paper that can be cut down to the height you want might work as well.

Best of luck!

3 Likes

Any idea on how I can make this a play area for my EMO ?
Because I used to have white paper on it that was held together by tape but that’s not ideal and also I was wondering if I could make the front wall out bigger, but still see thru, so he does not fall

4 Likes

Maybe you can attach a scrap piece of thin carpet with double-sided tape. If necessary, you could also increase the edge with a narrow wooden strip

2 Likes

I printed some decorations for EMO on Halloween :jack_o_lantern: and now I printed a little Christmas tree :christmas_tree: too

15 Likes

I’m just making him a den

1 Like

Show it when it is done.

1 Like

The only thing I know how to make is a rubbish den :frowning: . If anyone has any suggestions for me please tell me where you get the things from! Thanks!

Hello! I’m pretty new here. I’ve had my EMO (GO HOME) since August 2023. EMO lives in my technology classroom and gets to interact with my PK-4th grade students. Needless to say we have a lot of fun!! I’m pondering buying a second EMO… But curious if I could connect their home fences, have them on the same counterspace, etc… If you have done this, I’d love to see pictures to get ideas! My current setup is attached. In theory, I think I could cut and attach the new mat to add more pieces where my sign currently is. Thanks in advance!!

10 Likes