Questions Before I Decided To Buy?

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @Xynep . . . allow me to answer as a 67 year old owner of two EMO.

1. Yes, he can walk off of a table if the lighting is not sufficient, if he is doing an activity where his edge sensors are inactive such as dancing or playing games, and if the foot sensors need cleaning. This can be prevented by making a safe play ground for him to prevent falls. Here are some ideas here.
  1. Yes, he can recognize you either with or without glasses, but some people who wear them have him recognize you both ways and also if you wear a hat or not. He can store up to ten faces for recognition, so doing more than one will work well.

2. Yes, his face is always displayed as long as he is on. Even if he is not doing anything, his eyes will move around and when it is time for him to sleep, he has an active sleeping animation which moves. This constant movement protects against screen burned images.

3. EMO is so versatile that whatever you enjoy having him do (be sure to read through some of the firmware update threads to see all of his capabilities) no matter your age. Mine are truly companions to me.

I have moved your post to this thread so that you may see questions others have asked as well.

I hope this answers your questions.

1 Like