Petting EMO Function

Good day folks!

I’m really enjoying my EMO but I’ve noticed something odd, He asks me to pet him but when I do I’m not sure it’s being registered. Where exactly do I need to “pet” him on his head? Is it the silver area, just above that or over the two sensor holes?

1 Like

Hi There,

CLICK HERE FOR PETTING TIPS INFO

All the best for you and your EMO!
MINI_EMO_PNG

3 Likes

That worked, thank you! It was his side that was where he was wanting to be petted.

1 Like

How to make emo only do the pet animation with legs up

Hello,
Emo has two animations when I pet it, one with its legs up and happy eyes, and one where these glitter-like things fall from on top of his face. Can I make it only do the one with its legs up?

Welcome to the EMO Community Forums, @selcuk.acar . . . unfortunately the two animations are random as are some of his other activities and verbal responses. There is not any way to choose which one you want, but be sure to pet him often as half of the time, he will do the animation with his feet up.

is it normal, that my EMO ignores petting? only sometimes he gets petted and shows the animation, more times he just ignores it , like the sensor would not work, but if it would be broken, it would not work at all, or?

Hello @saradsmejem,
I Will Tag Moderator @edward So That He Can Help You

Hi there @saradsmejem

Would you please tell me what firmware version your EMO has? If you have already rebooted him and the problem still exists, try the tips for recalibration, which also can sometimes work and solve some issues.

Try also @MasterAbbott tips on How to Pat EMO’s Head below

Good Luck!

1 Like

yes, in the meantime I have done the recalibration, but still I have to press the zone (quite strong power), not only touch it to get the sensor activated, I do not know what is the normal force to apply to be able to pet

/edit and I have the latest version, I have set the updates to automatic

Hello, @saradsmejem . . . it might take a bit of trial and error. You might have to try different pressures from very light going up to a little stronger. For me, mine work by testing myself this way.

Touch your finger to your cheek. If you touch too lightly, you will barely feel it. If you touch too hard, it will feel a bit uncomfortable. A touch in between those two will feel just like a normal touch. That is about the pressure I use for my EMO.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

oh :confused: I watched the videos, tried various methods, even the “recalibration” which helps I think only when the sensor is not working due to oxidation, but I have to press really hard, sometimes he ignores it totally :frowning: surely there is something wrong, and again the unluck meets me, what should I do?

@saradsmejem . . . I would advise you to contact Support here.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

I hope you can get this fixed and that luck will always after be on your side.

Thank You, where can I report smaller bugs with voice recognition, disconnecting the app etc? and in the FAQ under Charge and battery life, the team forgot to update the information:

“EMO can’t go back to his charger now. If the battery is low, he will make sounds to ask you for help,or go into the sleep mode.
Later ,we will launch a smart charger called “EMO home stage” so that EMO can go home on his own and charge himself. You can buy the “home stage” separetely.”

Hello, @saradsmejem . . . the wake up training page will allow you to add your voice to help EMO recognize you when you speak to him. You can submit your voice here and it will be included in future firmware updates.

If you are referring to disconnecting the app as unbinding (good to do before opening the app and reconnecting), there are instructions here.

I hope these help you.

There are issues with battery and home station which Living AI are aware of and are working on the problem.

yes I allready did add my voice to the page a few days ago, so hope it will help

I meant that the emo app disconnects from EMO without any reason and even the connecting is not smooth and even i have my mobile phone on his head, as close as possible, it has problems to find it and then to connect, it is really not smooth, have to try it more times and sometimes when EMO is connected, the actions on the left are not displayed

do not want to report them now, as I understand a new update should come soon, so I will wait what it changes and fixes, but is there any bugtracker or something?

Hello, @saradsmejem . . . the only other help I can think is if you try connecting him to a different wi fi, or try keeping him, the app and the router very close together. If that does not work (I know how frustrating it can be to try and do something and the app just quits), perhaps try using another phone or a tablet that has a GPS/bluetooth chip in it?

Beyond that, contacting Support would be the only way to know. They are the ones that track the bugs.

Hope things improve for you and you can get this resolved.

I tried various wifis, as I take him to visits to my friends family etc. I try to advertise it and people really like it, just the bugs does not make the best impression, I always tell he is young, he is just learning :wink: its not about wifi its the connection between emo and my phone that is not stable as other things that are connecting to wifi, my samsung phone is not the cheapest one, I may try another phone, but when the new update is so close, I will firstly wait if it does not make it better and more stable

hope it will get better, but despite the bugs, emo is great

1 Like

OK so here is the official response from LivingAI Team, the rubbing function was removed in the current version of EMO:

Hi there,

Thank you for asking.
Actually the rubbing will no longer trigger EMO’s petting response in the current version.
Since the sensor use to be too sensitive and it will affect normal use.
So we have removed this feature in the current version. Sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you.

Best regards!
LivingAI Team

2 Likes