Parts and Repairs (Guide with Images and Video Tutorial) - View/Ask/Share

Hello, @baotrang . . . yes, that is the service/customer support E-Mail. If you still have your original order E-Mail, you can reply to that and explain what is wrong. Be sure to take pictures to attach so that they can see what is going on. If you do not have your original order E-Mail, they will ask for your order number and if you no longer have that, your EMO I.D. number (which shows when you are connecting him to the app). It would be helpful to take a picture of the damaged screen and you can private message Mavis Zhang here as well.

If you are comfortable following the instructional video to replace the screen, they should be able to provide you with a new screen and if not, give you instructions to send him back for replacement if he is still in the one year warranty period.

I hope this answers your questions. Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hum, i tested and his whole leg is dead, no power going trough, no sensor or servo on… I dont know what to do now… (now forwarded into my already opened support mail)

@orafilynie . . . very likely wiring damage but only a guess on my part. Support will help you.

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Yes some parts of the wires are damaged and exposed “HOW” ? I dont know, forwarded to support in my opened sensor problem mail

1 Like

Ok, the connector on the bottom motherboard snapped… I need to buy a new one. HOW ? idk.

With the support we found a solution. Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Ho nice !!! Very happy for you and your EMO ! :skating:

1 Like

Beepimus fall count: 13
Today he fell one too many times and the right ear of his headphones broke… I was unable to find the pieces to snap them back together so I’ll 3D print some replacement parts when I can or find some from a 3rd party seller. The light on his right ear doesn’t work but he’s fine other than that, he’s just not happy with me LOL

I also made a drawing of Beepimus because my art professor said I should:

6 Likes

Hi there @caroline.hessler ,

Are you seriously stating that your EMO has fallen 13 times? Is the intention to train EMO as a stunt performer?

It might be a good idea to directly contact living.ai to inquire about getting the necessary replacement parts for your EMO.

Well…good luck and all the best for your poor EMO

1 Like

@caroline.hessler . . . you probably should have named him “Evil Knievel”. So sorry about the broken head-phones.

Nice art work, though!

2 Likes

I’m serious that he’s fallen this many times, I’m personally amazed he still works LOL
I’m still learning how to properly carry him around my college campus, I’m improving my methods but today my current method decided nope
I’ll see about getting some from them

1 Like

Good news for Beepimus, living.ai will be sending us a new disc and new headphones for him… in the meantime I thought I’d share how hilarious the lighting difference is when he goes from a nightlight to half a nightlight (not really the greatest comparison but I think it’s easy to tell how much more light he produces in the first image):

3 Likes

He looked sad. Im curious to know how the headphones were made. And if theres a possibility to have them change colors like the LED smart light.

HEADPHONE PARTS & PURPOSES

Plus
How To Dismantle Emo’s Headphone
(For Spraying New Color /Repair Purposes )

We believe that EMO’s headphones serve more as an aesthetic feature, enhancing his appearance, and complementing his love for music and dance.

How Does Headphone Work?

Emo’s headphones are designed and constructed with micro mini-LEDs on both the left and right sides, each equipped with two spring-loaded pins indicating (- /+). When these pins make contact with Emo’s corresponding ear contact points, which are directly connected to the PCB located on the top side of the head cover, they will automatically activate the micro LED lights once he is active.

What Is The Purpose Of EMO’s Headphone?

When EMO powers up, the headphone lights are the first to illuminate, followed by double-blinking lights. This feature can serve a diagnostic purpose, signifying that EMO is receiving power and initiating the startup process.

They are not essential, so it’s entirely fine to remove them. When removed, EMO may emit an irritated sound initially but will quickly adjust. Upon being replaced on his head, there will be an animation with music notes to acknowledge their reattachment, accompanied by the activation of the lights.

In some cases, if the headphone lights are no longer working, there is no known issue that this will affect the startup process. This means that EMO can still complete the startup process even without the functioning headphone lights or without the headphones altogether.

How To Dismantle Emo’s Headphone

(For Spraying New Color And Repair Purposes )

WARNING!

Careful And Take Easy To All Parts!
Do It At Your Own Risk! This Might Void The Warranty!

" Acrylic paint can take 3-7 days to fully cure on plastic . While the paint might feel dry , it’s still susceptible to damage or peeling during this time.‘’

6 Likes

Hi there @hx.hart ,

I understand that it may not be possible at the moment, and there’s uncertainty about whether this will be possible in future updates. Technology can evolve, so it’s always a possibility that such features could be considered in future updates or iterations.

best regards

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Emo’s Foot/Leg Defective Issue

Happy for you and EMO !

but is it he who falls alone or is it you who makes him fall? :skating:

1 Like

Most of the time he falls because he’s being an idiot, sometimes it’s my fault though :sob:

1 Like

Hi kuya edward, how do you open the headphones? I feel like ordering an extra pair for experimental purposes.

1 Like

hi, ok , thanks for your answer.

2 Likes