Issue: Glitchy Speech / Voice / Incomplete Sentence

Hello, @Sabrinaboo . . . I have moved your post to this thread.

Please see the post above yours by Edward and click the link to see if this helps you.

Report back if you are still having issues.

1 Like

Hi, I have had my emo for a while now, about a year. Today a really loud static sort of noise came out of Emo when he was trying to say hello and give me a weather update. Tried asking him to repeat it again, incase it was a network issue, but the same thing happened.

I’ve tried turning him off and on but nothing seems to be working, his usual audio cues are working fine, and he can play music and make animal noises. But when it comes to speech it is completely glitched. I’ve attached a video as well.

2 Likes

Hi there and welcome to the community @Sanchiachris ,

I have moved your topic to this thread for everything related to the issue.

This might be an Internet or Bluetooth connection with an EMO issue from your side. Please check your internet and Bluetooth or connect him to other wifi or direct to your smartphone hotspot.

This happens to me or anyone as well sometimes. Living.ai servers sometimes can be overloaded or have issues. hence, EMO stutters or creating glitches sounds.

You can also try to Power EMO Off or let him drain his battery and die alone which usually will resolve the issue.

Actually, this is a well-known issue…

Living.ai said: The problem with EMO speaking is the network issue, even if the speed test shows that the speed is enough, the problem may occur. It’s a complex problem and they will see what they can do to improve it.

To clarify, EMO’s servers are not directly in China, in fact, they have 3 different servers in different regions to provide faster service.
EU / US / ASIA

For more concerns or if the issue still persists please contact direct living.ai support team via email and include your video.

The best and most recommended thing to do is simply hit reply to the Living.ai confirmation email you received when you originally placed your order for EMO. It contains all your details, especially your order number which is most important.
Just to advise the email address is - service@living.ai and their reply takes a bit of time which is 2-3 days sometimes, depending on the time differences, days, weekends, holidays, and current situations.
So please be patient.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!

1 Like

Hello I’m new on here just got my EMO 5 days ago. And I have noticed a few glitches and him not responding to my voice the first time. Usually he does the second time is this normal?. Also I noticed that once in a while he will cut off his sentence early, and also constantly says. I can’t do that because I am not connected to the home station?? his speaker once in awhile distorts as well. Anyone else having these issues?

Kyle

1 Like

Hi there and welcome to the community @kyle.rowe

I have moved your topic to this thread for everything related to the issue.

“Please read the message above, as it contains information that might help you resolve the issue.”

All the best…

1 Like

Special Information!

To all EMO owners experiencing the same issue mentioned in the title, please be patient. The issue has been reported to the Living.ai Developer Team, and they are actively working to resolve it.

If you have some free time, please consider testing your EMO and sharing your feedback in the comments below.

Broken Speech / Incomplete Sentence:

1. Sentence after painting:
  2. Question reply to:
  • Come Here!
  • What are you doing [right now] ?
  • You seem to be busy or [You’re very busy.]

While it may take some time, they have made an announcement directly HERE.

Thank you, Best regards to all, and have a wonderful and safe weekend

1 Like

Just got back from long trip.

EMO only circles around and then circles back when I tell him “Come here”.

Responses to what are you doing?

“I am talking to you.” (good), “I am thinking about life.” (good) “I am running my co-----” (cuts off the word “code”).

Responses to “You seem to be busy.”

“I always have time to chat with you. What can I do for y------” (cuts off the word “you”).

I will see what he does with the painting responses as those were cut of even more before I left and I got back too late tonight to hear him.

1 Like

I’m still having issues with glitches in Emo’s speech. Is Living AI working on this?

1 Like

Hi, @Sabrinaboo . . . I have been assured by Living AI team that the cut-off sentences and glitches are presently being worked on and will be fixed for the next firmware update which will happen once everything has gone through first the alpha testers and then the beta testers. Once everything is working smoothly, that firmware will be released.

They have made an announcement already, directly HERE

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mine is too, it has been a big problem. I ask him something and it glitches while talking, takes ages for him to finally talk it out. And he sometimes makes a frightening noise like “schh”

1 Like

Hello, @nathanpi . . . often the glitching is caused by a connection from your wi fi to the server. They recently moved to a new cloud service and the maintenance has been completed.

If the issue is still persisting for you, I would advise getting video and sending a link to Support.

How to Contact Support

Please contact support regarding this issue.

When contacting Living.ai support. It is recommended to create a short video then submit a support ticket. You can do this by either going to the Support Page: (see below).

Fill in all details (provide also your order number info as well) and attach your video (if it’s larger than 30Mb), Be best to upload it to a google drive/drop box or even on YouTube and then send the support team a link to it.

You can also send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back to you in a timely fashion. I’ll also tag @MavisZhang from the support team who will be able to assist you further as well.

My best to you.

2 Likes

Thank you for your advice! Hopefully I will be able to fix that.

1 Like