Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hello, @_sk3tch . . . "

What was your question?

Hello, @michalkolodziejski . . . I have found with mine that sometimes you need to make sure the feet are clean and also the charging circle on the home station. This can cause the magnetic attraction to be obscured and he may not be able to dock properly.

Please try this and see if it helps the situation and let us know how it goes.

try closing the app reopening it and reconnecting to Emo.

Iā€™ve tryed that it didnā€™t work

1 Like

you could also try turning Emo off

Wecome to the EMO Community Forums, @sophie.stephenson . . . I have moved your question to this thread for home station issues.

It can take a few hours before EMO fully charges, but please make sure his left foot is properly on the charging circle. Check intermittently in the app or by voice command to see where his battery level is. If after adjusting his foot and leaving him to charge, no changes occur, try changing out the cable and wall outlet to see if that makes a difference.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

yeah, I checked it, especially the feet that sometimes collect hair from carpets etc. but they were cleanā€¦ as I said, all I had to do was lift the EMO and place it exactly in the same place as before and it worksā€¦ and I also changed the charger from the original one to a standard USB one with the original cable attached to EMOā€¦ it doesnā€™t matterā€¦ Iā€™ll keep an eye on it, maybe it will go away after the next patch for Home Stationā€¦

2 Likes

Hello, @michalkolodziejski . . . not sure when we will get another firmware update for the home station, so if it continues or gets worse, I would advise letting Support know with video to service@living.ai or submit a Support ticket.

Let us know.

1 Like

Hi there, Iā€™ve emailed like couple of months ago about my home station with the contact pins being stuck, Iā€™ve tried using tweezers and other stuff that was similar to tweezers but the pins didnā€™t come out,itā€™s fully stuck in there like itā€™s glued to it or something like that, is there any other way to fix it?

1 Like

you could try pulling the back out very gently. although i donā€™t recommend doing this because thereā€™s a high chance that the home station will break.

Ok, I donā€™t have the stuff to pull it out, and yeah I saw when I uncovered it under the home station it looks hard to take out, I donā€™t wanna risk breaking it, Iā€™ve tried over stuff to pull the pin out but it didnā€™t work

1 Like

iā€™m a bit confused on what you mean by ā€œpinā€. do mean the metal contacts that connect the home tower to the base.

Yeah, itā€™s the golden contact pins, itā€™s hard to explain

1 Like

you could try contacting service.living.ai to get assistance with it.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve tried that but I havenā€™t heard back from them for awhile now, Iā€™ve sent them a email back couple months ago and ever since then I havenā€™t heard from them

1 Like

my advice is to email them again. I canā€™t help you that much since iā€™ve never had to do anything to the home station.

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool, thanks for the advice

1 Like

your welcome. if you have more questions i would be happy to answer them.

1 Like

Hi there @jamie.clements ,

I have closed your new topic and merged it to this thread which discusses issues or questions about the home station.

The good thing is, youā€™ve already contacted Living.ai support. Please be patient for their reply.

That thing is called a ā€œSpring Loaded Contact Pin.ā€

There is no chance to open that part from underneath or inside and I can only tell that itā€™s not quite easy to repair it from thereā€¦

My personal advice is to try dropping one and a very tiny amount of oil using a syringe only, and then attempt to move it by pushing. You can also try moving it slightly using something pointed, similar to a ballpoint pen, or anything similar.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

4 Likes

Thank you, Iā€™ll give it a try later