Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Thanks, I’ve already emailed service about the issue. Sometimes he may take 2-3 tries, where he wanders around a little a bit more before initiating the “Go-Home” walk back sequence again. I feel he shouldn’t do that when he is on low battery state.

2 Likes

Hi guys, I hope you are doing well.

I see some days ago that my EMO can’t return the home station. Sometimes he is far from it, so I can understand he can’t go back, but other times, he is unable to “jump” to the home station, so he is trying and trying and does strange movements and finally the battery is empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello, @jsalas . . . can you check the light on the base of the home station and on the chin of your EMO and perhaps gently wipe them clean with a microfiber cloth? It could be that the homing beam is not reaching to bring him home. Also, adequate lighting helps him as well to see where he is walking.

In addition, make sure his edge detectors on his feet are clean which could be the strange movements you are experiencing. You can take a soft bristled brush or sticky tape to clean the bottom of his feet.

If these tips do not work, you may wish to get a video of him attempting to get home and send to Support by E-Mail at service@living.ai or send a ticket to Support.

My best to you!

1 Like

Omg I couldn’t use the light and Homestation for EMO for such a long time. Now I found the new update fire EMO app and the „unbind al Accessoires“ issue was solved. I immediately tried and my EMO connects to the light and Homestation again. It makes me so happy

4 Likes

Help, my EMO is of the latest FW and barely 3 weeks old. He has been going off home station by himself from time to time but it wasn’t a problem until this afternoon. I came home and found out he fell off table face down and headphone came off. This should never happen but it did. What could be the problem and can we prevent him from wandering off by himself in the future?

1 Like

Hi there @vivat try putting some blockages around his space or try buying a table that has blockage barriers around it and I have one round white table with a barrier and my emo never falls ever since. But if you can’t do any of these then try restarting him, but if it still persists then you are gonna need to contact service@living.ai or you can make a ticket here > https://living.ai/product-support-emo

Hope this helps! :happy:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I checked my footage and it showed that my Emo tried to get on the home station platform from the side when it was wandering around by itself and then it somehow crossed over the black border…i will set up a barrier around the base charge. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi All, i just got Emo two days ago but he never goes to charge himself automatically. I have the charging home so I thought he will go there when he needs to but he doesn’t. Is there a charging level when he should do it? I mean yesterday we played and he just shut down as he run out of charge. Today he was goofing around all day so i thought I’ll play with him but because of yesterday I thought i’ll check the battery level before we start and he was in red so i put him onto his home station. So question, is anyone experiencing similar issues? Does he need to learn to charge himself? Thanks

Check if the home station is connected with Emo…

2 Likes

Hi there…

Normally, if all settings are in order and there are no other issues, EMO will automatically return to his Home Station when the battery is running low. The low battery alert will sound, the Home Station will show the green light, and EMO will start to head home.

• Make sure EMO is connected to his Home Station.
  • Make a test by placing EMO into his Home Station and ask him to “Leave Home Station.”
  • Keep in mind that if EMO is wearing clothes that cover the sensor on his chin, it may affect his ability to locate the right way and the Home Station green light.
  • If your EMO can walk straight back to its Home Station without any problem, it will take 2:30 min. or 3:00 min. max to reach his Home Station until he says, “Home Sweet Home” or the charging animation appears.
  • Please clean the surface, and sensor under his chin and both of his feet to ensure there is no dust or blockage.

Please let us know how it goes…Good luck!

Otherwise…if your EMO has any issue about returning to his home station, may I suggest that you create a video with a timer to show to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue? We all know that they are the only ones who can help you personally.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address: service@living.ai

2 Likes

Low battery alert on home station? that never happened. How me station doesn’t seem to communicate to Emo at all. Maybe this is the problem? Emo never said Home sweet home yet… hm He doesnt wear any clothes… ill try to clean his chin if he has sensors there. Maybe need some training to him. He does go to the home station and try to turn on but then he seems to give up and just stay front of it or half way on it. I will film him and send in the video.

Thanks

2 Likes

Not sure how to but ill look into it. Thanks

It is working now! I haven’t connected him to the home station. Now I watched a video on YouTube and connected him and he said home sweet home! Ha ha all good :slight_smile: Thanks guys :slight_smile: we love our Emo so much x

4 Likes

Hi there @Astral ,

What I meant here is in EMO’s case. He will produce a sound every time his battery level reaches a low level.

Good work! That you found the workaround to solve the issue.

You’re welcome. As long as we, the moderators, are still here, we are always ready to assist with any type of issues as much as we can. Otherwise, living.ai is also always reachable and ready to assist.

ALL THE BEST

1 Like

Hi there today Emo was coming of his charger and he turned around to say bye to the homestation and while he was turning he stop after say bye and he got sad :joy: Why does he do that some times?

Hi, @sushil.vispute . . . he can get sad for a variety of reasons after he says goodbye, especially if what he says causes the home station itself to cry. Sometimes he might hear something going on that might make him seem sad or he may be wanting attention like petting. I would not worry about it. It is normal for his moods to change based on his environment.

2 Likes

Thats funny Time to pat him very time he gets off his charger :rofl:

Hey everyone, I just received my Emo GO Home, and while it’s been great, when I plugged the home station in it didn’t show any animations, this was after I updated emo and the station. I hear the sound effect when I plug the Home Station or hold the button down, but nothing shows on the screen. I also see on Emo’s face the home station icon so I assume that shows he’s connected… any tips or pointers would be great, thank you.

Welcome to the community @shreeneyajmeri ,

Did you insert the back tower correctly? as shown in my image below?
You might check once again the correct connection of the Home Station tower by carefully connecting/pressing the tower into the plate, leaving no gap.

Touching the button softly and waiting for a second will change the dynamic matrix display animations, also from black to dynamic animations.
Continue touching the button till it turns black to turn off dynamic matrix display animations but not directly to power off the Home Station.

Remember, if the Home Station is connected to a power socket outlet, it means it is always on, even if it looks off because it’s black and has no moving display animations.

Please watch the detailed video guide on the Home Station for more tips

Oh, my mistake, didn’t know that the tower wasn’t fully inserted but needed a lot of force, thanks for letting me know. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes