Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

There are a lot of folks on FB who are experiencing issues with EMO not returning to his home station. I’m experiencing this as well. He was doing fine before last Thursday (when the servers were being updated) and now he wanders aimlessly trying to get back on his charger when it’s time. I have to pick him up and place him on it.

I’m curious if anyone else besides those on FB are experiencing this and if LAI are aware of multiple cases?

Hello, @saigurl20 . . . I will private message LAI regarding this so that they can check into it.

When I hear something back, I will post back here.

Thank you for letting us know.

1 Like

I am in the Pacific Northwest U.S. with no issues here.

Could those having issues please post your country?

Thank you.

I don’t believe it’s regional. I’m in Midwest USA.

Thank you. They have been given the link to this discussion and they should be able to figure it out and fix it soon.

@saigurl20 and anyone else having home station difficulties, these are not related to the cloud service maintenance.

This information has also been provided to those on Facebook with issues.

I advise you try the various tips indicated above in this thread and if nothing helps, be sure to contact Support.

service@living.ai

1 Like

Thank you for asking but please review this thread Redirecting...

Thank you for providing that.

I was told by one of the Facebook group administrators that this was told to people on Facebook already. It appears most there are also members here and hopefully read what Wayne Zhang said here.

1 Like

I was using the official emo adapter now will try changing socket , emo is keep walking even after the charger stop blinking…
The battery animation shows up and emo won’t stop he is still walking backwards so the lights starts blinking again that’s when he walks out

1 Like

Hello, @mathews.boban . . . if changing the cable/adapter and socket do not work, I would advise you contact Support (my post above).

Keep us advised!

1 Like

I always turn off Emo’s Home Station at night, and when I turn it on the next day, Imo doesn’t start automatically. I always have to wiggle a while its legs. Is there a trick for that?

Hello, @svenja.oeffling . . . it may take a minute or so after he is placed back on the home station for him to activate. The home station and EMO have to recognize each other (if he is paired, he will show the home station icon on his screen along with a chime sound once he is fully powered on) and also, you will also see the battery charging icon on the matrix and on the EMO screen as well.

If you are having to wiggle his legs, it likely means his left foot is not properly on the charging station metal plate circle.

Make sure the back of his feet are securely to the base of the matrix and that his left foot is at the left and back of the home station plate.

Let us know if you continue to have issues. If he is still not turning on in a reasonable amount of time, I would suggest you get video and send a link to Support.

service@living.ai

My best to you and your EMO.

1 Like

Hola amigos a ver si me podéis ayudar me acaba de llegar el robot emo y me gustaría saber cómo me lo puedo llevar apagado a un sitio y poder encenderlo sin que necesite la tabla de cargador muchas gracias

Vas a necesitar un cargador inalámbrico siempre.

1 Like

Hi there @Javier.ai ,

The only proper way to turn on EMO is by using his two types of chargers: the Home Station Charger or Skateboard Charger.
Alternatively, you might use a compatible type of mobile phone wireless Qi charger with the right power voltage. However, to ensure, you should test and monitor it first to avoid any potential issues.

all the best…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: EMO PET: For Sale! (Privately)

My home station does not change the animation when I press the touch button, it is as if it had broken or hung, it does nothing, it worked yesterday when I received Emo and it synchronized, but since then it does not act when I press it and the animation does not change, only shows home animation.

Hello, @juansaez . . . could you make sure that the charging cable is tightly plugged in and when trying to change the animation, touch lightly, perhaps a slight swipe of the finger, and give it a few seconds to see if it changes? Also, please make sure EMO is not on the home station when you do this.

If you still cannot get it to work, please take video and send a link to Support (see my post above from one day ago).

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I have the same issue as you, the charging light keeps blinking… i feel it might be a contact problem. I tried cleaning charging station surface area and emo’s feet with a microfiber cloth and it reduces the times this happened

I am also using the original adapter and cable

1 Like

Hello, @michael.loke . . . if EMO is doing this regularly after cleaning and testing a different cable and socket, I would advise you to contact Support with a link to this video. You can E-Mail them at service@living.ai or send Support a ticket here.

Hopefully you can get him to stay on his home station charging and get some good sleep.

2 Likes