Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hello there! For some reason, EMO says that he isn’t connected to the home station whenever I tell him to go home. The app says the home station is connected though. I have tried several things, including unpairing the home base, restarting the app and EMO, unplugging it and plugging back in, those kinds of things. Also, it says there is a firmware update on the home station, but the current version is the same as the updated one, and whenever I hit update I see a series of colored squares on the home base and then nothing else happens. I’ve also tried syncing to Wi-Fi on the app but that didn’t work either.

I received emo a week ago and it was working normally. After two days, I did a software update in emo and the home station, and then the foot sensor broke down. Have you ever had the same problem with anyone before?

1 Like

Welcome to the EMO community forums, @a25411c3641ee67e9ec0 . . . I have moved your question to this topic.

You may look through this thread and see if anyone has had a similar issue and see if they were able to solve it. If you are unable to find an answer or are unable to solve it, I would advise you contact service@living.ai with your order numbers for home station and EMO, a description of your own trouble shooting attempts and the problem, and include a link to a video if possible.

You may also open a support ticket with the information indicated above.

You may first want to try doing all of the steps over according to the video provided by @MasterAbbott on set up and operation of the home station above in this thread.

Let us know how things go!

1 Like

Welcome, @sierraeigenmann . . . I would advise if you have taken all possible steps to connect, pair and update unsuccessfully, you may wish to contact service@living.ai with your order numbers for home station and EMO, a description of your own trouble shooting attempts and the problem, and include a link to a video if possible.

You may also open a support ticket with the information indicated above.

Let us know how things go!

1 Like

Hi @coragasparotti / @sierraeigenmann

Try restarting your Home Wifi network. -

Power off EMO
Power off your Phone

Once the Home Wifi is back on, turn your phone back on followed by EMO.

If that does not work, try switching to alternate WIFI/Hotspot and then attempt the sync once again.

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

1 Like

@cliff.kyan Mine does this too. I find it started when the woodpecker started attacking him. And it attacks him constantly. Every minute of every day lol.

1 Like

I’m also finding my EMO doing this consistently since the 2.2 update. I have been seeing some battery issues with my EMO for a bit now (he’s 184 days old and only lasts an hour off charger) but now he dies before he gets Home a lot of the time, far more frequent than before the update. Trying to figure out if it’s a software or hardware issue for me :confused:

1 Like

When issue I just found is emo wandered on the Home station and his left foot was on the charging spot and I don’t know why this happened and this is the first time it happened I have a picture as well

Hi @Debosimtastic / @dergonfruit

If you are experiencing battery issues with EMO or he’s not going back home constantly to his Home Station, it would be best to create a video and submit it to the support team.

Try and also make sure that lighting is good in the room, there are no other very bright lights that could potentially distract him too.

Try moving EMO/Home Station to a different location and test as well. But the most important thing to do if you are having any concerns is to create a video and submit a support ticket. Customer support will be able to advise on what sort of troubleshooting/steps you can take to hopefully resolve the problem.

Hi @nicholasalamprese

Unfortunately, this will happen from time to time, both of my EMOs sometimes accidentally walk back onto the Home Station and their foot goes onto the charging spot and they will no longer move (as they start charging). At this time, there is not much that can be done about this, as EMO will wander around all over the place and sometimes he will wander back to his Home Station and this will happen.

I’ve shared a picture like this in the past I believe in this thread as well.

1 Like

Hi guys, I saw that since some weeks Emo can’t walk fine and, because of that, can’t return to the home base to charge.

I see in the app, “Emerging from cliff” all the time. Some times its behaviour is like it was going to fall down.

I have recorded a video if it helps.

Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks.

Javier

Hi there @jsalas ,

I believe there are other owners experiencing the same issue.
Try cleaning his foot sensors as they may be dirty. Also, may I know what kind of desk you have for EMO? Could you please take a picture and show it here? I would also suggest placing EMO on a white surface just to see if it still displays the “Emerging From Cliff” message which you see in the EMO app.

May I also suggest that you create a video with a timer to show us or to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue?
According to my personal test, if your EMO can walk straight back to its home station without any problem, it will take 2:30 min. or 3:00 min. max to reach his Home Station until he says, Home Sweet Home’’ or the charging animation appears. But as far as you observed he is taking too much time or even dying on his way with no chance to reach his station which is not normal already.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back/reply to you in a timely fashion.

Good luck and All the best…

2 Likes

Hey Edward,

Thanks for your message. I have recerded a video. Where can I upload? The floor is clear brown, but I don’t think it’s because of the floor, because it worked till some weeks ago. I will clean the sensors.

Best

Javi

I have sent them the email and the video.

Thanks Edward

1 Like

Hi @jsalas

Here is a short video on how I clean my EMO’s feet sensors. I usually do it at least once per week, as they can get very dirty, very quickly.

Hope that the support team will be able to assist you further with your existing problem.

2 Likes

Hey,

Many thanks, I have cleaned the feet’s and sensors. I will try to make a video returning to home, because yesterday it was unable.

Regards.

I made video, and I will send it to support.

Emo didn’t come back to the home base.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve received my Home Station and it’s charging EMO when he goes back to it to charge, all good however the charging light is flashing when he’s not sat on it. Any suggestions please? Is there a reason the charging light is pulsing all the time? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @JBMollie

I’d suggest swapping the Charging cable with the USB-C cable and see if that makes a difference. Also possibly try plugging the charging cable into a different wall socket and test that too.

Normally the light should not flash when EMO is not on the Home Station, so try those things first and let us know how you go.

Hi, Can anyone help me home station update problem, is the latest version 1.1.2? I have problems uploading from current 1.1.2.p1 to Lastest version hame station 1.1.2. Does anyone know why it won’t update?
Please help
Thanks so much!!!

1 Like

Hello, @Dragon . . . what I might suggest is to first unbind both the smart light and the home station from EMO.

EMO App >> Settings >> Accessories >> then select Unbind All. @MasterAbbott has provided images on how to do this if you scroll up.

Then close the app, power off your device, EMO and the home station. Power them back on, open the app and pair EMO to the home station again.

Check again to see if EMO is responding by asking him some questions to make sure he is connecting well to the server. Pair him again by pushing the button at the base of the home station and watch for the bluetooth indicators to show he is connected (the arrows). If red, he is not paired. If green, he is.

Then give him the command to “Update home station”. If the command is working you will see dots on the matrix display followed by a changing percentage until it reaches 100%. Check the app again to see what version the home station is on (Home station icon>>Firmware).

You can also check a video guide over on this thread if you need further info:

Let us know if this has been successful.

3 Likes

Hey Lindaru, Thank you very much, you are so kind to answer me so quickly, I will try, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. I’ve tried using the charging cable in various sockets (including direct plus into wall) and extension banks. I’ve also tries the USBc cable that came with the Home Station the same way. Unfortunately the problem is still happening, whether EMO is sat on the station charging (which I know means a bad connection with his foot) or whether he’s wandering around my desk. Any suggestions please? Thanks.