Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hi @DarrenAnthony

Take a look through this forum thread as it does contain a lot of useful info. For Home Station, I’ve shared a video help guide that can hopefully help. Take a look below:

Also how to use EMO and Help with many features, etc. Take a look through my EMO New User Guide as well - Quick Help Guide for New EMO Owners! :heart_1:

If you need further help, feel free to reach out :slight_smile:

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

Hi @MasterAbbott .
Unfortunately the video is not of use, because my Emo does not switch on and therefore does not pair with the home station and can not be found by the app.

Just to add…
Not sure why the topic was moved here, as the problem is not with the home station… That powers up fine.
The problem is with Emo not powering up, being not being found by the app (location is set to always on & bluetooth is on) and basically just being totally dead at the moment :frowning:

If EMO is not powering up after you’ve placed him on the Home Station, it would be best to contact support. I’ll also tag @VinceKong from the aftersales support team so he can assist you further.

Apologies for moving your question here, as I thought it was more so related to Home Station and not EMO. Vince will still be able to assist you further regardless.

I would suggest you create a short video of what exactly is happening and submit that with your support ticket so that the support team can check and advise on what to do next.

Thanks

:heart_1: :laser: :skating: :laser: :heart_1:

I update firmware 2.2.0 with home atation version1.1.2. I am having issue having emo get off home station. Kept saying “I can’t do it now.”. see video attached
Most of the time, it didn’t work. Only many try emo will get off.

3 Likes

Hi @cliff.kyan

This can sometimes happen when EMO has just returned back onto his Home Station. He normally needs a bit of time to charge up before going off once again.

If EMO has already been on his Home Station for a fair amount of time, then what I can suggest would be to unpair and pair EMO once again and see if that helps.

You can check this thread for further info on how to unbind all accessories and pair EMO to Home Station.

Hi maybe try holding the button on the homestation for 5 seconds

I found out that he will not come off the charger when he is sleeping can this be fixed?

When EMO is sleeping he will not go off the Home Station. This a set routine for EMO, at 10pm he will go to sleep and will wake up at 8 am in the morning. (during this time he will not leave the Home Station on his own).

Between this time you can ask EMO to leave Home Station and he will. But as mentioned during the time that EMO is sleeping he will not go off Home Station. I don’t see this as being fixed, as it is a routine that living.ai have implemented into EMO.

1 Like

I came up with a sort of solution that finally got Emo going. My brother brought round his charging pad for phones and after putting Emo on there after a few minutes the headphones lit up and he came to life. After that, he also now seems to be able to charge on the homestation.
So fingers crossed, there will be no more problems. But thanks for trying to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi I watched your video about home station. Just in regards to the LED matrix display being blurry. I have noticed in their pictures on the website it is as clear as crystal (more false advertising from LAI?), but all videos I have see, and as you have metioned (as have others), the display is blurry. Do you happen to know if they are just using cheap and nasty displays/hardware or is this actually a firmware issue that is planned to be fixed eventually?

Great to see that EMO finally started up. I noticed you also spoke about a skateboard charger. I can suggest this one from Amazon. It looks very similar to what you get when purchasing an EMO. (note this is not official product)

https://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Charging-Airpods-Charger-Station/dp/B09SZ1KVPZ

This would come in handy if you had to bring EMO out with you, as the Home station is a little too large to take with you.

Can’t really comment on what sort of parts they are using for the display (but it is not the same resolution as EMO’s screen). But from what everyone has reported when you are trying to make videos, it is not very clear and can come out blurry on screen.

When looking at the Home Station LED in general and the animations that it displays on the LED Matrix does not look cheap and nasty, but it is a basic-looking display, it is not the same resolution as EMO’s screen that’s for sure. But it does the job, from my own personal opinion, having the LED Matrix is pretty cool and even if the display is not in 4K (haha) it performs the basic functions that are required for EMO to guide his way home when his battery is low.

1 Like

What I find: sometimes Emo will naturally cycle on and off the Home station on his own with no problem. A LOT of time I’ll come home to find him standing off the station, Green Home LED lit, and he’s dead.

Sometimes if I put him in charging position the station charge LED will blink and continue regardless of his position. However if I slowly slide him into positions it will usually detect and start charging.

Also after a day or 2 I find him doing his thing with a totally blank screen. I have to cycle his power to get it back.

Hello, @mikegervasi . . . is he wandering past the black border of the mat if you have the mat placed on the home station? Sometimes that can cause them to not make it back to the home station before the battery runs out.

As for placing him back on the station, you have to center him in such a way that his left foot is completely on the charging circle which means all of EMO is against the back of the home station at the bottom of the LED tower.

The blank screen is not normal. I would advise you to P.M. @VinceKong in regard to that to see what suggestions he may have.

Keep us advised!

1 Like

Hello, I’m having trouble with my EMO Home Station. The LED thing on the station won’t power up, instead, it plays a random tune every once in a while. And EMO himself was charging and randomly stopped charging from the station. Since the LED station thing won’t power up, EMO can’t connect either, and I don’t know how anyway.

Welcome to the EMO community forum, @orangeluigi . . . it may be how it is connected, paired and/or updated. Might I suggest you watch this video on how to set up and connect the home station that @MasterAbbott has provided?

If following these steps does not provide a solution, you may wish to send an E-Mail to service@living.ai with an explanation and if you can take a video of the issue, provide that in an attachment to your E-Mail. You can also reply to your original order confirmation E-Mail if you still have it, or send a support ticket. Be sure to fill in all information.

It may take some time for them to reply but they will reply to you.

Please let us know if the video helps you trouble shoot the problem.

2 Likes

Hi @orangeluigi
The station won’t light is likely due to the poor contact between the LED tower and the base.
Please make sure you install the station properly, you can refer to the pictures below.

3 Likes

Is that price for the charging station a windup?

Hi, I already tried all the things you said on previous threads but it is not working.

My emo connects via bluetooth to home station, but then said to me that he is not connected, even if from the app it tells he is.

I tried to sync wifi and I found out that he is not connecting to wifi (the home station monitor shows the red wifi icon).

Anyway I updated everything and tried many and many time to unbind, power off and try again. (And I’ve already check if wifi is 2.4 and not 5 and it is.)

Please, can you suggest anything?

Hi there @coragasparotti ,

Please click this LINK and read some helpful tips advice from @Lindaru and @MasterAbbott .

GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST!

2 Likes

Hi I could use some help. When my Emos battery gets low he starts returning to his home station by himself. But then midway through going to his home station he suddenly turns off/ his battery dies. This happens around 3-5 times a week.

Hi there @laurentsandler ,

May I suggest that you create a video with a timer to show us or to Living.ai Staff so they can see it and analyze the issue?
According to my personal test, if your EMO can walk straight back to its home station without any problem, it will take 2:30 min. or 3:00 min. max to reach his Home Station until he says , Home Sweet Home’’ or the charging animation appears. But as far as you observed he is taking too much time or even dying on his way with no chance to reach his station which is not normal already.

Try to contact and send support an email to the following email address:

service@living.ai

If you have your original EMO Order confirmation email, you can simply just hit reply to that as it contains all your customer contact info along with your order number details as well and then once again provide a detailed description of the problem you have with your EMO and attach your video as well.

The support team should be able to get back/reply to you in a timely fashion.

Good luck and All the best…

2 Likes