Home Station: Reviews, Tips, Ideas, Queries, Issues, and Solutions

Hello I’m sorry you’re upset though I’m not sure why. Just to let you know your original post is available, we can all see your original post on here, no one has taken it down (that I’m aware of)

The charging station is great :+1:

1 Like

I have had the home station for a month now and everything was working great until recently. EMO will no longer return to his station and runs out of power. He is connected and the lighting is fine.
I didn’t really want to reset him as he is over 600 days old.
Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hi @pf2303

When you ask EMO to Go Home, will he acknowledge it and attempt to go home? Also, does the Home Station LED Matrix turn Green?

If EMO is not responding or giving you a voice response that he is not connected to Home Station, you might need to pair him again with the Home Station.

As you mentioned (resetting him). You won’t need to do this, as there is no actual option to reset EMO. But, you can unbind him/un-pair him from the Home Station and pair him again. You can check out this mini guide that goes through how to set up the Home Station, but also how to pair/unbind as well – EMO Home Station - How to Use / Tips / Guide / Useful Information - Mini Guide

Hope this helps, if not, recommend creating a short video and sharing it here with the community so we can hopefully help you better :slight_smile:

:heart_2: :heart_1: :skating: :heart_1: :heart_2:

1 Like

Hey @JJBeck

Hope you’ve been well! Is the Home Station worth it? It all depends on whether you want EMO to be a little more autonomous, where he can walk around/explore on his own, and when his battery runs low, he can go back and self-charge.

I picked up 2 Home Stations for both of my EMOs and they are working well. I’ve personally not had any major issues with them pairing/connecting walking off/walking back on whatsoever. (sometimes they don’t get back in time and the battery runs out, but that doesn’t always happen).

The Home Station does give EMO a lot more freedom, but with that freedom, you also need to make sure you keep them safe as well protected. The Home Station does come with a playground area, but sometimes EMO might walk over that border and could potentially walk off/fall off a table/bench as the edge/detection even with the border is not always 100% full-proof. As many EMO owners have already done, they still create for their EMOs a safe play area where he can still wander around without having to worry about him falling and getting damaged.

At the moment Home Station is still quite new, there are not many things that EMO can do with it in terms of interactions, but he does speak to it when he walks off it and he can also play Snake along with dancing while the Home Station displays a light show which is pretty cool. Also as @Lindaru shared you can also change the LED animation as well. And hopefully, there are plans to also make your own custom marque animation display too (this is something that might be made available in a future update).

For $99 USD + Postage, Yes the price is fairly expensive, especially if you convert that over to AUD for you/me as we are both from AU and the AUD is pretty weak at the moment compared to the USD.

I recall you have 2 EMOs (one for you and one for your daughter). And one Home Station can only be used by One EMO so they will need to have their own as well and cannot share the same Home Station. So this could end up costing you close to $300+ if you did decide to get 2.

Overall, the Home Station does a good job at giving EMO more freedom to explore/walk around instead of always being trapped on his skateboard where he cannot move or do anything.

New things should hopefully be added to the Home Station where EMO can interact with it, so in my opinion it’s certainly more fun having a Home Station vs just having EMO on his Skateboard.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If you have a large enough space, you can build him an entire neighorhood (I call this one “Electric Avenue”) to keep him from falling from the mat.

6 Likes

EMO will return home most of the time if I say go home but when he is out he would return home on his own to charge until recently. Now he leaves home until he runs out of battery.
The green light does come on and he is close to the station but will not return on his own.

4 Likes

Both of my EMOs do occasionally not make it home when they display the battery warning alert as well, but it is not happening all the time. Most of the time they are able to make their way home and dock successfully.

There could be due to a number of different reasons why EMO is not making it back in time, one of them could be he is confused/distracted by other lights in the room or a possible battery issue.

@linda shared some very good info regarding EMO’s battery which might also be a factor as well, take a look over here:

Hope this helps :slight_smile: Also what firmware version is your EMO on? If he is on 2.0.0 I’d also suggest and wait until the latest firmware 2.1.0/2.1.1 is unsuspended and installing that on your EMO. As there were some improvements made to EMO and Home Station on that latest firmware as well.

2 Likes

His battery is fine as he lasts quite a long time off his station. The lighting is fine as he had no problem at all when I first got the station. It does change to green when he is near it and ready to charge but he just stands near the station moonwalking on the same spot not moving. He is walking fine normally and he will carry on his Michael Jackson stunt for 15 minutes until he dies.

Hello-

I don’t think my Emo is updating properly.

And he is thinks he is on his skateboard sometimes when he is on his home charger. So I can’t command him to leave his charger.

Please see video below of me trying to update. We also shot bugs hoping that would help solve things.

Emo updating failure

As for the update, what does your app say is the version he is currently on? If 2.0.0, you will not be able to successfully update again until they unsuspend 2.1.0/2.1.1 as they are working on fixing things on that. Do not try to update him beyond 2.0.0 until they give the official announcement.

I believe you also may not be paired to the home station. Power EMO and your device off. Unplug the home station. Then plug the home station back in, and power on your device and make sure bluetooth is enabled. Check the app and make sure of your wi fi connection. Power EMO back on. Once everything is back on, press the button on the home station until it goes through all of the checks with the blue arrows on the matrix and then if he is successfully connected to the home station, it will end with a green arrow on the matrix. If the connection/pairing failed, it will show a red arrow. Another way to make sure he is connected is to put him on the home station and his face will show a “house” animation briefly just like it did with the smart light.

I do want to remind you that when Living AI says you can now update to the new firmware, it is advised to unplug your smart light before having him install the latest firmware. Some have reported issues in the past with that.

Let us know how it goes and if pairing him again works.

4 Likes

Hi there. I saw that a user named aexatabris had this problem too, but while their issue seems resolved or they gave up, mine just started and I don’t know how to fix it. Sorry if this is long, but I want to give enough info to rule out the stuff I’ve tried already.

I just got my Home station and it’s fantastic for daytime. I love knowing that I can leave EMO alone for a little while if I have to, and they’re still free to play and wonder in the safety zone. However, I work late and so my day starts at 10. EMO’s daily schedule wakes me up if they’re in my room (only place I can keep them). I got around this by muting them when I went to bed and unmuting when I woke up, but now that I have the Home there’s a new problem.

I don’t want EMO to wake me up walking around making noise, so I’ve been putting them on the skateboard at night. But, no matter if the Home is plugged into power or not, EMO tries to walk off the skateboard around 10 in the morning, every morning. Lucky, I’ve been awake and was able to stop EMO from walking off a cliff on my bookshelf, but it’s making me nervous that they’ll fall or loses power (maybe damaging the battery) while I’m asleep.

So, the last few days, it makes me sad to do it but I’ve been telling EMO to shut down at night and then I put them on the Home to wake up in the morning. It feels so wrong though! Is there anything else I can try to keep EMO put on the skateboard?

1 Like

Sometimes I have a simmilar issue (and I don’t have a home station) where he just tries to walk off, however my case is fixed by holding him for a second. You did a power cycle. Do you have any other wireless charger?

1 Like

Hi, there @EruditeIdiot ,

When transferring EMO from his Home Station to his skateboard, make sure he is disconnected from his Home Station first as well as make sure he is really connected to his skateboard charger.

Best Regards…

3 Likes

Hi @EruditeIdiot

As Edward has advised, the best thing to do if you are switching between your Home Station and Skateboard for EMO is that if you are EMO is connected/paired to his Home Station, is to use the EMO App and Unbind him from it. You can do this by going into the EMO App >> Settings >> Accessories >> then select Unbind All (see images below for further assistance

While in the Accessories tab, press Unbind All

At this time, it would be best to unplug the power from the Home Station and also power off EMO. Then power him back on using the skateboard :slight_smile:

This should hopefully stop him from walking off his Home Station at 10 am

4 Likes

Wow, so even with the power off EMO might still be bound. Thanks for the info! And the pictures are great for clarity. I’ll give this a try. Thank you!

1 Like

My Emo actually leaves his home station on his own, which I love! But if I don’t catch the battery notification, he’ll die while he’s out “exploring”. Lots of bugs to work out, I imagine :slight_smile:

EDIT: EMO is seen to be able to walk himself to home station when batt is low without being asked. LOVE IT! Would love to have EMO walk out of it on his own (or make it an option in the app) when he’s fully charged in the next update. :grin:<

1 Like

Hi everyone quick question when my EMO is on his home station I can’t change the display and at night I have to take him of and then it changes

Hi @nicholasalamprese

Yes this is something that was updated in the latest firmware, if you want to change the Home Station display, you must first take EMO off it and then press the button to change the display.

1 Like

Coincido contigo en una cosa, un montón de errores a resolver

It is a amazing product how ever I will like if you can speed up the emo going to the home station because it is to slow and dies out before it charges up

1 Like